Rookie Sliders (It Works!) - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-28-2016, 05:30 PM   #57
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

One theory I have is that faigue plays a huge part in scoring plays. Which is why in my games there are many more points scored in the 2nd and 4th quarters and particularly inside the 2 minute warning.

So, by reducing fatigue a lot I am wondering whether the rubber banding AI and robo QB can be eliminated. This would also remove the possibility of subs too unless they were set very high.

I'd like to experiment with say fatigue at 35 and subs at 95 in and 88 out
Old 10-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #58
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
Just tried a game on Rookie in my franchise. I have played this game (Lions v Colts) maybe 10 times now on different sliders - sometimes the game has been easy, sometimes hard but either way I have lost every single game. I believe Madden is basically scripted.

I set everything to default and then went into my franchise and raised all penalties to 70 and all subs to 90 in and 80 out. 14 minute quarters and 17 second run off. All assists off. The game was pretty easy but I lost 27-41. Ill explain. There were a lot of penalties due to how high I set them. I stopped the Colts and then scored on my first drive. As soon as I was ahead I was getting called for face mask or blocking penalties every other play. Gore had around 13 yards on 15 carries but as soon as we were inside the last 2 minutes of the first half he scores a 66 yd td.

This changed the score from 10-6 to me to 10-13 to them. Running had been quite hard for me as well (I think due to the penalty sliders). I was averaging around 3 a carry with Jeremy Hill but the next play after their td I ran 87 yds for a td. So basically I was now benefitting from the 2 minute losing team boost. so the Colts get the ball back with less than a minute left and March the lenth of the field for a td to Hilton. Hmm. So a tight game that was 7-6 after the first 26 minutes sees 21 points scored in the next 2 minutes.

I'd been seeing a lot of subs by both teams - Turbin was getting snaps and my backs, WRs and TEs were swapping out quite a lot. Then Hill suddenly disappears from the game for no apparent reason and never comes back.

Only 3 points are scored in the 3rd quarter and it's 20-20 going into the 4th, wherein the Colts score 3 TDs. I had 13 penalties called against me that the Colts accepted and accepted 3 of theirs.

Luck was 22 / 25 for 368 and 3 TDs

Stafford 23 / 40 for 339 and 0 TDs

Gore 24 / 103 / 1 td (Turbin had 5 carries)

Hill 13 / 100 / 1 td (15 carries by my other backs)

Moncrief 8 / 199 / 2 TDs

Allen 5 / 55

Hilton 4 / 69

Boldin 4 / 45

Meredith 4 / 78

Jones 4 / 69

Tackles were mainly by dbs and d linemen (the sign of bad sliders in my book).

7 total sacks / no INTs

6 passes defended

0 fumbles

28 tackles for loss

132 total passing and running plays

Make of all that what you will!

Somehow if the penalty slider could get adjusted do think it would be better , stats don't sound that bad 100-140 totals plays which you had 132 was adequate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #59
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Yes, in previous versions of the game, changing the penalties has effected all aspects of the gameplay. That's why I mentioned about keeping the sliders the same - to play on rookie you must keep gameplay sliders all on default and attempt to alter the gameplay using just the penalty, assists and fatigue settings
Old 10-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
One theory I have is that faigue plays a huge part in scoring plays. Which is why in my games there are many more points scored in the 2nd and 4th quarters and particularly inside the 2 minute warning.

So, by reducing fatigue a lot I am wondering whether the rubber banding AI and robo QB can be eliminated. This would also remove the possibility of subs too unless they were set very high.

I'd like to experiment with say fatigue at 35 and subs at 95 in and 88 out
I am using Josh's sliders on AM with fatigue @ 40 and I like it a lot.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #61
Rookie

Latest Setup Test

Here’s what I did: Upon loading M17 I accepted all updates prompted (includes latest tuner). From MM (which was previously default) I loaded in JoshC1977’s recommendations. The one difference being I left SKILL LEVEL on ROOKIE.

NOTE: I found that if you edit COIN TOSS you will mostly wind up receiving the opening KO. If you leave it as is, then there is some variety as to who KO.

Not mentioned by JoshC1977 is the setup for VISUAL FEEDBACK. So here is how I have it setup (not sure if it matters): PLAY CALL STYLE: QUICK; PREVIOUS PLAY INFO: OFF; ON FIELD VISUAL FEEDBACK: OFF; DRIVE GOALS: OFF; FRANCHISE BOTTOM LINE TICKER: OFF; GAMEPLAN BOOST NOTIFICATION: OFF; COACHING TIPS: OFF; PRE-SNAP MENU: ON; NAMES: PRE-SNAP ONLY; CAMERA TOGGLE: ON; PASSING CAMERA: OFF; OFF CAMERA WIDE; DEF CAMERA: DEF PERSPECTIVE

In CFM I loaded JoshC1977’s recommendations (keeping SKILL LEVEL at ROOKIE). Before entering them I went into GAMEPLAY SLIDERS and hit RESET.

Under TEAM SETTINGS/ GAME OPTIONS I have AUTO FLIP: OFF (read somewhere that when it is on it can have a bad affect on blitzes, seems to be so); BALL CARRIER MOVES: MANUAL; all assists: OFF. CFM VISUAL FEEDBACK matches MM.

Before playing a game I create a coach for each team (I choose the active coach). All SUBS at 60/80 for both teams. Playbooks set to generics for both. Schemes adjusted to match starter’s strengths or team’s DEF style. I find the CPU makes better play calls when I do this. Even with the updates that were supposed to improve CPU play calling I was still seeing too many all out blitzes and bad play calls on both offense and defense. More on this is probably better saved for a discussion in the roster section, although I do believe that certain scheme traits do impact how CPU controlled players on both sides play.

Once I have schemes set I go to DEPTH CHART and AUTO ORDER. I then switch WR1 & WR2 (you would think EA would have fixed this by now). I had been editing QBs so that THROW BALL AWAY=YES; SENSE PRESSURE=IDEAL; FORCES PASSES=IDEAL. Now I’m trying it without making those edits.

Once everything is setup I play the game, setting myself as the home team. Since playing at home is supposed to be an advantage, I also believe that gameplay favors to some degree the HUM team, this is why I choose the home team.

This will be my setup for probably the next 4 games. I want to stick close to khalib’s recommendations and take advantage of the great work JoshC1977 and the folks on his thread have done.

Because my time is limited, it may take all weekend to play at least 4 games. I will try to continue to respond on this thread and posts some impressions.

I've added this setup to the OP.

Last edited by mpd3892; 10-28-2016 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added a note.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Latest Setup Test

Hereís what I did: Upon loading M17 I accepted all updates prompted (includes latest tuner). From MM (which was previously default) I loaded in JoshC1977ís recommendations. The one difference being I left SKILL LEVEL on ROOKIE.

NOTE: I found that if you edit COIN TOSS you will mostly wind up receiving the opening KO. If you leave it as is, then there is some variety as to who KO.

Not mentioned by JoshC1977 is the setup for VISUAL FEEDBACK. So here is how I have it setup (not sure if it matters): PLAY CALL STYLE: QUICK; PREVIOUS PLAY INFO: OFF; ON FIELD VISUAL FEEDBACK: OFF; DRIVE GOALS: OFF; FRANCHISE BOTTOM LINE TICKER: OFF; GAMEPLAN BOOST NOTIFICATION: OFF; COACHING TIPS: OFF; PRE-SNAP MENU: ON; NAMES: PRE-SNAP ONLY; CAMERA TOGGLE: ON; PASSING CAMERA: OFF; OFF CAMERA WIDE; DEF CAMERA: DEF PERSPECTIVE

In CFM I loaded JoshC1977ís recommendations (keeping SKILL LEVEL at ROOKIE). Before entering them I went into GAMEPLAY SLIDERS and hit RESET.

Under TEAM SETTINGS/ GAME OPTIONS I have AUTO FLIP: OFF (read somewhere that when it is on it can have a bad affect on blitzes, seems to be so); BALL CARRIER MOVES: MANUAL; all assists: OFF. CFM VISUAL FEEDBACK matches MM.

Before playing a game I create a coach for each team (I choose the active coach). All SUBS at 60/80 for both teams. Playbooks set to generics for both. Schemes adjusted to match starterís strengths or teamís DEF style. I find the CPU makes better play calls when I do this. Even with the updates that were supposed to improve CPU play calling I was still seeing too many all out blitzes and bad play calls on both offense and defense. More on this is probably better saved for a discussion in the roster section, although I do believe that certain scheme traits do impact how CPU controlled players on both sides play.

Once I have schemes set I go to DEPTH CHART and AUTO ORDER. I then switch WR1 & WR2 (you would think EA would have fixed this by now). I had been editing QBs so that THROW BALL AWAY=YES; SENSE PRESSURE=IDEAL; FORCES PASSES=IDEAL. Now Iím trying it without making those edits.

Once everything is setup I play the game, setting myself as the home team. Since playing at home is supposed to be an advantage, I also believe that gameplay favors to some degree the HUM team, this is why I choose the home team.

This will be my setup for probably the next 4 games. I want to stick close to khalibís recommendations and take advantage of the great work JoshC1977 and the folks on his thread have done.

Because my time is limited, it may take all weekend to play at least 4 games. I will try to continue to respond on this thread and posts some impressions.

I've added this setup to the OP.
how does DT penetration look ?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #63
Rookie

fsu32. I've not played yet with this setup. When I played strictly default on PTM, I did see for the most part better DT play. Stronger DTs were able to get some push. If the QB held the ball too long (maybe somewhere around 5+ seconds) I'd see DTs shed blocks and get pressure.

One nice thing was sometimes DEs would rush outside, get around the T and force the QB to step up. Then because of DT push the QB would move outside the pocket.

I saw A. Rogers do this, going to his right. He then hit a receiver across the field for a good gain. On another occasion pressure forced him to scramble to his left. Not seeing anyone open he took off, only to then make a throw once he crossed the LOS. That's a glitch in the game that we can't control.

We won't get the interior line play we want until EA fixes it and unlocks the hidden OL attributes.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #64
Rookie

airraid73. I have to agree with BritPitbull and khaliib. Adjust gameplay sliders throws the game too much out of wack and we are no longer playing on ROOKIE, or any level other than custom. As khaliib stated, perhaps we can make minor adjustments and still stay on the chosen level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »