Rookie Sliders (It Works!) - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

BritPitbull. On default I saw good subs on both sides. I didn't take note to see if any players failed to return.

I have noticed that there are at times a shift in momentum, in particular after a turnover. I do believe that there is some scripting possibly going on.

With default ROOKIE I haven't seen the dreaded robo QB. All QBs (including A. Rogers) are making bad passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2016, 09:59 PM   #66
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

mpd....one thing I would be cautious with if using my setup on rookie is that the 75 MM injury may be too high. I tested a bit with that on 50 and defensive penetration might have been too much for the CPU even at that level.

FWIW...I'm thinking the new patch is going to be here soon...just a feeling. I'm probably going to hold-off on doing anything extensive here until that patch drops...I don't want to waste my time testing it just to have it get 'fixed'. If the new patch doesn't change the dynamics here, then I may move forward with this.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-28-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #67
Rookie

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that and adjust if necessary.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
mpd....one thing I would be cautious with if using my setup on rookie is that the 75 MM injury may be too high. I tested a bit with that on 50 and defensive penetration might have been too much for the CPU even at that level.

FWIW...I'm thinking the new patch is going to be here soon...just a feeling. I'm probably going to hold-off on doing anything extensive here until that patch drops...I don't want to waste my time testing it just to have it get 'fixed'. If the new patch doesn't change the dynamics here, then I may move forward with this.
what does rookie level do to make you change ?
Old 10-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
fsu32. I've not played yet with this setup. When I played strictly default on PTM, I did see for the most part better DT play. Stronger DTs were able to get some push. If the QB held the ball too long (maybe somewhere around 5+ seconds) I'd see DTs shed blocks and get pressure.

One nice thing was sometimes DEs would rush outside, get around the T and force the QB to step up. Then because of DT push the QB would move outside the pocket.

I saw A. Rogers do this, going to his right. He then hit a receiver across the field for a good gain. On another occasion pressure forced him to scramble to his left. Not seeing anyone open he took off, only to then make a throw once he crossed the LOS. That's a glitch in the game that we can't control.

We won't get the interior line play we want until EA fixes it and unlocks the hidden OL attributes.

can we add "bull rush" to improve DT/OL interactions ?
Old 10-29-2016, 12:15 AM   #70
Rookie

fsu32. Actually in previous testing, albeit on other levels than ROOKIE, I found BULL RUSH to be pretty much useless as the DT and G/C would get locked in. What seemed to work were finesse moves. They wouldn't work all the time or even right away, but I saw DTs better able to shed blocks by using primarily the swim move.

It may be worth editing some DTs on ROOKIE (and maybe take away their finesse moves) to see if they are better able to push the pocket.

The real problem goes back those "other" OL attributes like PASS/RUN FOOTWORK/STRENGTH. With M16 (I believe), EA stated those attributes were no longer active. I went back to M16 edited those attributes and got better DT/OL interaction, including DTs pushing back OL.

Give it a shot and see what happens.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:02 AM   #71
Rookie

I just completed Game #1 GB vs JAX (me). As a note, I exited out of the game with about 45 seconds to go so I can replay the game. I like to play the same game several times so I can get multiple takes on how the game is playing.

Final Score: GB 24 - JAX 34

Last edited by mpd3892; 12-20-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:07 AM   #72
Rookie

And finally:

Last edited by mpd3892; 12-20-2017 at 10:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »