EA DEV franchise settings - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

EA DEV franchise settings

This is a discussion on EA DEV franchise settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-20-2016, 12:17 AM   #49
MVP

nml11287's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA DEV franchise settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock1031
Are you guys trying 7 mins with an accel clock or off? I might try default al-pro too.

I'm playing 15 min 20 sec accel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yawn, like Charter said before, and Charter, with my due apologies, we've seen this schtick over and over and again.

I'm sure Brady with the game you talk you've been around these parts before based on your "join date" and knowledge of mods deleting and banning negative comments and posters.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:25 AM   #51
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

So pretty much the consensus for this year is to play on default or close to it I'm guessing.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #52
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
So pretty much the consensus for this year is to play on default or close to it I'm guessing.
The game "likes" default settings. There are very few areas in which you can stray without some clear negative effects on animation fidelity and the "little stats" that tell a big story about how the game is rendering. And even in those areas, you don't have much wiggle room.

The short of it is that I get the best results from this game w/ default speed threshold and injury, all default sliders, 60/80 auto subs, and 2-3 minor penalty slider adjustments.

I've tried all kinds of hot rodded versions of subs, sliders, and penalties, and the game just only tolerates so much of that.

This is one area where finding out how the devs play helps me. If they build this thing for default and play default, they tune to default and are best able to know what the consequences of a given design decision do...on default. So that's where I'm settling in.

I don't love that 7 minutes is their setting, as that perhaps explains why the game seems to want to deliver two NFL games' worth of big plays in any single, regular game in Madden. If you only can afford to play 7 minute quarters (and I get why with jobs, families, etc.), you're going to want to see the whole shebang in there in terms of yards, points, big plays, etc.

One question I'd have regarding the difference between 7 minutes and my setting of 15 is: is the game scaled to give the 7 minute crowd all the splash plays and yardage they want to feel like they're having fun, AND to give the 15 minute guys an appropriate number of points, yards, and big plays?

It very well may be and I would have no idea. If so, great. If not, this would be an area where we could ask that some attention be paid, rather than ride the developers for playing the game differently than many of us do.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #53
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. But there is one change that really everyone should make...set the main menu injury slider to 50. Seriously, this is such a changer...it's patty-cake football at the "default" of 10...and people wonder why AP is not a challenge, why they get 'Robo QB' and all of those things. I'm not saying that one setting will suddenly transform it to some 'sim paradise', but I am confident in saying that you will be a lot closer to it.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #54
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, pretty much. But there is one change that really everyone should make...set the main menu injury slider to 50. Seriously, this is such a changer...it's patty-cake football at the "default" of 10...and people wonder why AP is not a challenge, why they get 'Robo QB' and all of those things. I'm not saying that one setting will suddenly transform it to some 'sim paradise', but I am confident in saying that you will be a lot closer to it.
I'm using your sliders now Josh and compared to what I saw with sliders that made drastic changes, I must say that yours are playing great. Default or close to it is definitely the way to go for sure.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #55
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Maybe not too far off but default is just horrible unless you enjoy running for 300 yards per game, being intercepted 5 times and have your QB fumble like 8 times (most returned for a td)
Old 11-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
Maybe not too far off but default is just horrible unless you enjoy running for 300 yards per game, being intercepted 5 times and have your QB fumble like 8 times (most returned for a td)
I think when it comes to stuff like this, it becomes different strokes for different folks.

I don't have those type of games using AP default sliders with an adjustment here and there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »