D.Holding Impact on Interceptions - Operation Sports Forums
Home

D.Holding Impact on Interceptions

This is a discussion on D.Holding Impact on Interceptions within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
D.Holding Impact on Interceptions

I'm playing on default AP with only penalty slider adjustments. I felt the gameplay was pretty good until the last patch where DBs ability to pick off passes became ridiculous. I'm talking DBs going in to traffic and coming down with O.Beckham one-handed grabs. To counter this, I noticed a lot of guys adjusted their INT slider which I did as well but for me it impacted pass coverage too much.

Originally, I had DPI at 95 and D.Holding at 55. I've been experimenting with D.Holding as low as 5. Any number I've tried at 50 or below has really changed the DB gameplay. Much more of playing the WR or going for the swat as opposed to playing the ball. I play with no defensive assists and no switch so this is an AI thing. I need to get a much larger sample size playing against different QB skill levels but I have 1 pick in 100+ pass attempts against and that was on a pass thrown right to the DB.

Has anyone else has tried lower D.Holding and gotten similar results. I'd be curious to hear what others have experienced by lowering holding.

Here is what I have been rolling with for penalty sliders. I have over 60 games with these sliders.

Offside - 55
False Start - 55
Holding - 95
D.Holding - Currently at 5
Facemask - 55
DPI - 95
OPI - ON
KCI - ON
Illegal Block - 50
IG - OFF
RTP - 55
Roughing Kicker - ON
Running Into Kicker - ON

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 12:38 AM   #2
Pro

Re: D.Holding Impact on Interceptions

A follow up on my observations for those that are interested. Holding absolutely impacts DB gameplay. I no longer get the ridiculous INTs. DBs go for the swat first and only intercept when the ball is thrown directly at them.

Conversely, pass deflections have increased. I actually have a DB that is tied for first in the NFC with 13 in 13 games. IRL that would put him on pace to be 9th in the league. He also leads the team with 3 picks (2 of which came in the last game against T.Taylor). Overall, I have 47 DEFL in 13 games.This would put me on pace for 57. Only good enough for 30th IRL. Still way more than previous seasons. I looked back at 4 previous seasons in which I finished with 26, 24, 13, and 13.

Overall, the pass defense just feels better. Elite WRs are difficult to cover. Shutdown corners make it difficult to throw against. Elite WRs vs Shutdown corners are a back and forth battle. Now if I could only get the CPU to run the ball better....
Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

So lower is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 01-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
A follow up on my observations for those that are interested. Holding absolutely impacts DB gameplay. I no longer get the ridiculous INTs. DBs go for the swat first and only intercept when the ball is thrown directly at them.

Conversely, pass deflections have increased. I actually have a DB that is tied for first in the NFC with 13 in 13 games. IRL that would put him on pace to be 9th in the league. He also leads the team with 3 picks (2 of which came in the last game against T.Taylor). Overall, I have 47 DEFL in 13 games.This would put me on pace for 57. Only good enough for 30th IRL. Still way more than previous seasons. I looked back at 4 previous seasons in which I finished with 26, 24, 13, and 13.

Overall, the pass defense just feels better. Elite WRs are difficult to cover. Shutdown corners make it difficult to throw against. Elite WRs vs Shutdown corners are a back and forth battle. Now if I could only get the CPU to run the ball better....
yea u kind of forgot to mention what exactly you set defensive holding too...

leaving us all to wonder

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
yea u kind of forgot to mention what exactly you set defensive holding too...

leaving us all to wonder

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
It was in the OP. Holding is at 5, DPI is at 95. My results are based on default AP with the penalties listed in the OP.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

Are you getting a lot of DPI on deep passes with it at 95?
Old 01-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Are you getting a lot of DPI on deep passes with it at 95?
I did not track counts but I did not get DPI at an alarming rate. Maybe 1 every 2 or 3 games. I do remember having 2 in one game. Still nothing significant.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #8
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Just curious, whats your reaction and int slider?. I have found with a higher reaction and lower int i was getting a lot of deflections that way. My d. Holding is at 55.

In no way do i have that many deflections but its higher than i was seeing. Ill try lowering d. Holding and see how it plays out.
Quote:
I did not track counts but I did not get DPI at an alarming rate. Maybe 1 every 2 or 3 games. I do remember having 2 in one game. Still nothing significant.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »