Home

Issue with CPU press coverage

This is a discussion on Issue with CPU press coverage within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Issue with CPU press coverage

I need some serious help with CPU press coverage. I play Franchise mode with the New York Giants and the CPU plays press coverage with no safety help on OBJ way too often. My sliders are extremely difficult but this one flaw ruins most of my games. The strange part is that the CPU wont show this look very early in games. I just played the Cowboys and they started pressing OBJ in the 2nd half after I was already down by 10 points. I ended up scoring three 40+ yard TD's with Beckham and got sick of playing. Everything else about the game is great. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Issue with CPU press coverage

I wish I had a solution for you, but I've found no way to simply slide this problem away. It appears to be an animation issue. If you, as a user, use press coverage and shade your coverage outside, you will stay tight on the receiver, but no press animation is triggered. It appears as if the CPU is incapable of shading as such. Sliders can only do so much.

Better CPU coaching AI and improved animations would help this issue greatly. For instance, I play as the Cowboys and I can tell you covering Beckam is tough. When I do press him, I do so in man under coverage and take away the inside routes. Although he will have the 9 route open for a short time, I know I have safety help over the top. I don't stop him, but I slow him down. It would be nice if the CPU was programmed to do the same.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Where do you have your USER accuracy, Catching, Passblock, and the CPUs full pass D at?
Old 02-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
Rookie

I wish I had a solution. One of hundreds of flaws currently.

This one is nearly a game breaker though. I've tested with pass coverage and pass reaction both at 0, 50, and 100 with combinations of 0 threshold and 100 threshold. Press coverage never worked. Even with 80-85 speed/acc wideout against a 99 speed/acc CB, receiver gets a step 9/10.

But, slants, outs, and flags are the same way. Even with shading, coverage is just dismal.

At one point I was building a nice spreadsheet for criticism on coverage but after 500 attempts it was clear that there is some "random" stuff happening that no ratings and sliders can fix. Very hard to test when the game is so inconsistent.

I've just accepted the fact that with no competition, we get what we get. I just don't call flyes, crossing routes, outs, or slants. I have a predetermined progression each play too.

It's a lot of work and almost too exhausting for a casual video game. I'm bordering on "this game is just too bad to be spending this much time and effort on" and "nothing will ever compel EA to give us an authentic simulation mode, so this is all you have and make lemonade, somehow".
Old 02-18-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Switching the CPU teams PB(create coach) and setting them to generic defense, (ie. 4-3, 3-4, multiple-D)
I prefer the Multiple D for the CPU to utilize.

They tend to be alot less aggressive with the generic defense PB's.
Or create a custom defensive PB for the CPU to use w/ the 2nd controller trick.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-18-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Switching the CPU teams PB(create coach) and setting them to generic defense, (ie. 4-3, 3-4, multiple-D)
I prefer the Multiple D for the CPU to utilize.

They tend to be alot less aggressive with the generic defense PB's.
Or create a custom defensive PB for the CPU to use w/ the 2nd controller trick.
Can't we just use a generic playbook and assign it to the CPU using the 2nd controller trick?
Old 02-22-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Can't we just use a generic playbook and assign it to the CPU using the 2nd controller trick?
No 2nd controller is needed to change them to a generic(3-4, 4-3, multiple-D book). Just create a coach for that team before you play them. Then you can also adjust the autosubs, formation subs, etc.
After you get the cpu team set, you can retire the coach/user or play the game and retire them afterwards.
This is the easiest way to get the cpu a different defensive pb.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #8
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

are u talking about what i call press breakers to the house hahahah omg i hate those.

they press WR just happens to be running a Go route and then the CB turns and cant keep up with the WR QB drops it in there for a TD almost everytime, and then the CB instead of trying to chase him down most of the time takes some weak *** dive,

I was thinking maybe up the Speed threshold to 100 i know the lower u go the more difference in the speed between players, or maybe lower QB acc so they dont complete it all day, or i dunno but yes its annoying, im stuck on online CFM so i cant create a new coach for each team like offline mode,

i may need to start a offline one haah

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »