Home

TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #265
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCharles
Hey TDawg, Question. So I’m using the ever 4 weeks method; if I make the playoffs do I use the buff during or after week 17. From a sim preference.

Great Sliders btw

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is when I upgrade. Beginning of Regular Season Week 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, and right before advancing to off season. You could skip the last one and just wait until beginning of Regular Season Week 1 again if you want. I'm almost certain this is what the CPU does but I don't think it will affect your results either way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #266
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought I would follow up on these, as my 32-man league is still going strong, in the early weeks of our 5th season now.

All before & throughout S1, I heard a lot of griping about how impossible it was to develop anyone with our XP sliders, etc. M17 went really well, so I was pretty confident (but still nervous) about M18.

Here we are in season 5, and there isn't much left to be said. Below is a link to our 4 seasons of drafted players, sorted by top OVR. Only about 21 guys in their first 4 seasons have hit 90+ OVR, a bunch more are 85+ OVR. I'm sure it's not perfect, and I don't know how all the positions distribute compared to the initial targets, but I really think this was pretty spot-on overall.

http://daddyleagues.com/awfl/players...5&yrspro-val=3

Thanks again to tdawg & everyone else who helped output the raw data I leaned on so heavily when tweaking our XP sliders for the realities of 32-man leagues. Hope you do it again next year!!

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 01-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #267
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Tdawg, so what's up with the 30XP being discussed in the slider threads? What has your testing shown?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #268
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Tdawg, so what's up with the 30XP being discussed in the slider threads? What has your testing shown?
So I don't know if you ever read kahliibs thread on a toned down roster (ratings on par with draft classes) and xp settings to 0% to really have rookies make an impact. So me and Mpd3892 got to talking about a way to have young players still improve in Awr/Prc but maybe not so much in the other attributes. Because it would seem that those two attributes should be able to progress at a decent rate (hence why the are so cheap) while the other attributes shouldn't progress much. After running a few sims I was able to conclude that at 30% and 4 week progression only those two attributes would get progressed. Season awards and pro bowls would add a bit more and allow some other attributes to progress but only once a season. It really tones down the roster and works quite well. Downside is that starting with Madden's original rosters the players are rated to high which means most rookies won't get much playing time except the studs and even then not to many. If you play 10ish seasons the original players will start to filter out and it will get much better. But that's the gist of it.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #269
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So I don't know if you ever read kahliibs thread on a toned down roster (ratings on par with draft classes) and xp settings to 0% to really have rookies make an impact. So me and Mpd3892 got to talking about a way to have young players still improve in Awr/Prc but maybe not so much in the other attributes. Because it would seem that those two attributes should be able to progress at a decent rate (hence why the are so cheap) while the other attributes shouldn't progress much. After running a few sims I was able to conclude that at 30% and 4 week progression only those two attributes would get progressed. Season awards and pro bowls would add a bit more and allow some other attributes to progress but only once a season. It really tones down the roster and works quite well. Downside is that starting with Madden's original rosters the players are rated to high which means most rookies won't get much playing time except the studs and even then not to many. If you play 10ish seasons the original players will start to filter out and it will get much better. But that's the gist of it.

Yikes, 10 seasons Lol! Good stuff Tdawg

Playing:
Old 01-26-2018, 10:28 PM   #270
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782

What if the most recent roster update were to be used? Recommend even lower than 30?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 01-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #271
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Also, are you just allowing the CPU to auto apply?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #272
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yikes, 10 seasons Lol! Good stuff Tdawg
Ya I know lol. It may be less because it will slow the original players too. But just so many start out at 85+ so it really limits the amount of rookies who will get playing time. But truth be told I haven't tested that part extensively. Just the XP at 30%.
Quote:
What if the most recent roster update were to be used? Recommend even lower than 30?

I think if you used the latest update then 0% that first year is what you want to roll with. Essentially the Madden Devs have already done progression for you at this point.
Quote:
Also, are you just allowing the CPU to auto apply?

Yep. I've decided that it's just more fair that way. Even with some of my house rules I was still able to progress better then the CPU. Human instinct and all that lol. So I go auto progress ever 4 weeks all the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »