Home

TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #321
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

What's the result on the number of 88-92 players in the league after 10 years? Where is the data on what is produced?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 01:22 AM   #322
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So a lot has been going around with the 30% XP Sliders. The purpose of this setup is to lower ratings across the board as you get through the seasons. Ideally around year 10 most "real" players are out of the game and you are left with the cpu generated players. Having only 30% XP Sliders slows progression and creates a roster that is much lower talent wise then your standard EA roster. Now I know that you're thinking why would I want a league with no talent? Well it still has talent but not the cluster of players all rated 80+. It's much more balanced with a sprinkle of 88-92 players. So that is the idea.

Now is this setup for everyone? No, not at all. But some would I think enjoy this setup. JoshC and myself (thanks to you also mpd3892 for originally bringing up a lower XP set) have been going back and forth on what a roster like this could produce. So after some initial testing the game really does play outstanding. Enough so that I recommend any who what this out of their CFMs should go for it. What Josh and I concluded was that 30% across the board wasn't quite right. So he multiplied each position in my Final XP Slider Set by 30%. While it's not crazy different I think that little variance improves it just enough. It makes sense as well. My XP Sliders have an enormous amount of data to back them up and give you a very balanced CFM over the course of it's entirety based on a standard EA roster. So if you wanted to drop progression to 30% basing it off those makes perfect sense.

So with that I've added a 30% XP Slider Set to the OP (here too) for any who want to travel down this road. I suggest at a minimum simming 10 years down the line before you start your CFM. At a maximum I would still sim 10 years but also implement JoshC's Sense Pressure QB Chart each year.

Attachment 146275

Does this approach cause any team salary anomalies down the road? Like teams being way under on cap space. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #323
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Does this approach cause any team salary anomalies down the road? Like teams being way under on cap space. Thanks!
Only User teams have issues if CPU isn’t set to take care of.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:59 PM   #324
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Only User teams have issues if CPU isn’t set to take care of.

Thank you khaliib!
Old 04-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #325
Rookie

OVR: 0

After inputting these xp sliders do we still jave to edit the qb thp and dl tkl rating wit the cfmratedrosters by khalib
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 11:25 AM   #326
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by donrellion600
After inputting these xp sliders do we still jave to edit the qb thp and dl tkl rating wit the cfmratedrosters by khalib
The editing is a preference.

Main thing is to have any progression mesh with generated draftees, while at the same time not override the regression mechanism (as CPU loves to apply mainly to AWR rating).
Old 04-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #327
Just started!

OVR: 0

How do I deal with defensive numbers declining whilst offensive numbers skyrocket. E.g I'm in 2025 and the team with the most sacks had 35 total sacks with 6 offenses having 8000 yards of total offense or more.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #328
Rookie

OVR: 2

A lot of pages to read through not sure been said, I simmed 10 years and seems like the main focus is awareness and you come across a lot of high awareness and other categories rarely touched. Is this a glitch or is there a way to scatter the categories without manually doing every player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »