Home

TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: TDawg's Madden 18 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Tdawg, since you are pretty locked at DT, would you mind seeing what 100% looks like for DT?

Basic reasoning, when balancing for 32 players, there's a few big differences:
  • Humans are basically using all Gold training instead of CPU's bronze
  • Humans are going to spend less XP on things like AWR that inflate OVR and put a higher priority on attributes like power/finesse moves, catching stats, Qb accuracy, etc... so if these get too high that can be an issue even if OVR distribution seems fine.
  • If, say, CB is set to 110% and FS is set to 90%... humans will just change all their safeties to CB for the XP boost.
  • Related to the above, if OT talent is strong in drafts, humans will simply draft college tackles & convert them to, say, guard if that's what their team needs (not unlike NFL). Thus draft talent at, say, OT or OG will stay 'focused' in that position in your 10-year sims, but will be much more evenly spread out in a 32-human league as players set their best starting lineups, if that makes sense.

Thus I'm not only looking to run lower than yours but also trying to avoid any opportunity to game systems, so whenever possible I try to keep DT/DE/OLB the same, C/G/T the same, and CB/FS/SS the same.

tldr; Trying to see how talent-deficient DT will be if you set it to 100% to match up with DE, or alternatively how talent-flooded DE would be if I bumped it up to, say, 120% or 140%.
I think the lack of DT talent has to do with many are hidden as 4-3 Run Stopping DEs. Guys with 90+ strength and good block shed that could be moved over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

43 DE are usually the pass rushers, you may be referring to 34 DE. 34 DE's play DT in a 43. While 43 DE play OLB in a 34
Old 08-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2489
43 DE are usually the pass rushers, you may be referring to 34 DE. 34 DE's play DT in a 43. While 43 DE play OLB in a 34
These guys I'm talking about the game generates are honestly out of position. Generally are 90+ strength, 290+ lbs (sometimes 310+) with block shed and tackle in the B's. When you convert them from DE to DT their overall will jump 5+ points.

As far as getting the number of FBs down, TDawg, that's not gonna happen unless they fix the draft classes. There is at least one 80+ FB every draft class, so lowering sliders will do little.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #44
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

As promised I posted the excel sheet I made to make counting players easy in the OP. Basically just plug in the rating in column A and they will automatically get counted for you and broken up into the correct tier. Pretty straight forward. But it's a lot easier to just quickly plug in numbers then to look at the number, figure out which tier it goes to, then change that number lol.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
As promised I posted the excel sheet I made to make counting players easy in the OP. Basically just plug in the rating in column A and they will automatically get counted for you and broken up into the correct tier. Pretty straight forward. But it's a lot easier to just quickly plug in numbers then to look at the number, figure out which tier it goes to, then change that number lol.
It won't let me open it. Can you kindly put in as a reply here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #46
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
It won't let me open it. Can you kindly put in as a reply here?
Did you extract it first? I had to rar it before uploading.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #47
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Data Set #4 is done and posted in 2nd post. XP Slider set updated in OP. 5th sim is done just need to input data.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Did you extract it first? I had to rar it before uploading.
I did. For whatever reason, it still won't let me open it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »