Home

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #921
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

Just finished another game. Pats come from behind to win 31-30. I had six sacks on Brady but two of them were because he slipped in the rain. What's surprising here is that the Pats only called 30~ plays going into the end of the fourth.

So my question here is, when should I be hiking the ball to get the playcount I want (60~). I'm positive that CPU is going to be CPU so what should I be aiming for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #922
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can I use 7 min quarters? I find 9 min is a tad bit too long. Or does 7 min change gameplay?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #923
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arecxp
Just finished another game. Pats come from behind to win 31-30. I had six sacks on Brady but two of them were because he slipped in the rain. What's surprising here is that the Pats only called 30~ plays going into the end of the fourth.

So my question here is, when should I be hiking the ball to get the playcount I want (60~). I'm positive that CPU is going to be CPU so what should I be aiming for?

CPU usually snaps the ball 20-22 seconds left on Play Clock. Try to do the same to keep it even.

What I do personally, is let the presentation play out after each play(except replays) CPU is on offense to wind the clock, and when I'm on offense, I skip the cut scenes so I have a little more time to call a play. (Due to when skipping cut scenes for CPU offense, they call play immediately)
Old 09-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #924
Rookie

liljrob17's Arena

Can anyone post up a mirror of the sliders? I can't access either of the ones posted for some reason.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:14 PM   #925
Rookie

kylesedlacko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljrob17
Can anyone post up a mirror of the sliders? I can't access either of the ones posted for some reason.

I hope you can see that screen shot, but try using to Operation Sports app, I was having the same problem you were until I downloaded it and then it would show up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #926
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Josh I really like the improvements to coverage and wr/dB interactions with the latest sets, but the injuries went a little nuts with 6 major injuries in my first test game seahawks and rams. Seems like quite a gulf between 37 and 40 on injury, I will try it back on 40 which was working well over 15 games.

I think this slider set is coming together very well. Many thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Operation Sports mobile app

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #927
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey Josh. How are things?

Out of curiosity... have you seen a game where both QB's threw for 90% and one of them hit 500 yards in the 1st half, not to mention a 23yd avg?

Well this just happened to me. Tom Brady hit for 500 yards, 90% and 23yd avg in the first half of my game.

While that is an anomaly most likely, the QB percentage is not. Each game has been 75% or above by the likes of Blake Bortles, etc.

I'm not one to judge from small sample sizes which is why I waited until after about 20 games played to mention this.

I don't want to go away from default gameplay sliders so maybe adjusting penalties will help, such as lowering RTP to force quicker throws. Who knows, I'll let you know if I find anything.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #928
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

First off, I’d like to say thanks to Josh, Armor and everyone else for all the hard work in testing this game. Unfortunately, I don’t have as much time to test sliders so I just do whatever you guys say when it comes to Madden.

So I played my first offline CFM since the EA patch with Josh’s exact setup and sliders. The only thing I did not do was the CPU training since I had already simulated all pre-season games. I was the Giants playing against the Cowboys. I also play 9 min quarters, no clock acceleration. In the first 10 minutes of the game, I had 3 “QB statue” sacks against Prescott. Looking at the replay of each one of them, the Dallas O-line provided great blocking, but my pass coverage was also great. Prescott had space to run on all 3 of those plays, but he just stayed in the pocket. Once one of my D-linemen broke loose of the block (4 to 5 seconds later), Prescott still stood there waiting to be sacked. Also during those 10 minutes, Prescott never attempted to scramble.

I was so frustrated by this, that I decided to quit the game and change the setup and sliders to ALL default; meaning I changed all the penalty sliders to 50 instead of having some at 51. I also set injuries back to 40 and fatigue back to 50 instead of 37 and 53. I then played the same matchup again (me as the Giants against the Cowboys). Throughout whole game, Prescott scrambled outside the pocket whenever there was pressure or he couldn’t find a receiver to throw to within 4-5 seconds. On a few of those plays, Prescott threw to a receiver while on the run. On other plays, he ran to pick up yardage or got sacked while trying to avoid the rush. But not once did he just wait in the pocket to get the dreaded “QB statue” sack.

Overall, this game was beautifully played by the CPU (Cowboys). Lots of run plays which I was stuffing and lots of play action which did fool me quite a few times. I had no problem stopping the run (about 70-75 yards on about 25 rush attempts), but play action rollouts is what did me in (3 plays of 50+ yards).

The only issue I had the entire game was how my linebacker would stand there watching as Prescott was starting to scramble. The LB would not chase Prescott until he crossed the line of scrimmage, but by then it was too late. To combat this, I had to break my strict no switch-rule and switch to the LB so I could chase Prescott whenever I saw him begin to scramble. Since this is what a real NFL LB would do in this case, I felt it was okay to switch only in this scenario. Other than that, I usered my created free safety the entire game.

I only played one game with all defaults, but it was a drastic difference from the first snap. As for the game, I lost 42-17. The Giants O-line was horrible just like in real life even though I traded for an 87 overall Right Tackle (which I changed to a Left Tackle) during pre-season. The Dallas gameplan was to blitz me since I couldn’t block, but I did a bad job of adjusting, thus the blowout. Everything else about this game was amazing! 2 total INTS (one by the Giants and one by the Cowboys). 8 sacks (3 by Giants and 5 by Cowboys). Prescott was 17 for 22 in passing with 2 TDs and 1 INT, which I had no problem with because he did a great job at extending plays with his legs. There were a few injuries, but most of them were for a couple of plays with the exception of Damon “Snacks” Harrison who is out with a dislocated shoulder for 5 weeks.

I did the CPU training for next week’s matchup (against the Lions), so I’ll see if there is any difference this games even though last game was great without CPU training. Overall, I’m looking forward to seeing how this plays out on all defaults.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »