Home

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #1049
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
How's Ints at default 50?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
I threw 3 picks against bears with Ryan, all forced throws, all my fault. I still won game by 3 luckily, even though all 3 int put bears in scoring position. they got 10 points off them, missed a fg on last one.

I won game 27-24. both sides ran ball well. Glennon looked like Glennon at times, missed throws, and I got 6 sacks total, blitzes and bad play actions. They sacked me twice. I forced 2 fumbles, but they recovered. Real Falcons/Bears game went down to end, and was 23-17.

This was all pro default like joshs OP, 9 min qrts, no accel, I do not button through between plays. I only changed injury in cfm to 30 instead of 40. I did profile reset as always, controlled cpu coach week before, and did only red zone gameplanning, formation subs and depth chart. Just make sure on team settings turn manual all items, no auto fill or roster moves. All as stated by josh in OP. When patch drops, maybe next week, it will not effect this default setup like other slider sets. If they fix qbs taking to many sacks and tighten up some coverage in zones, we are solid. The only other downfall of this setup is hardly any penalties. But game is fun. Plays to ratings. Its Madden, best we can do.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 18 - Falcons Offline CFM
NBA 2K18 - Hawks myleague
FIFA 18 - TBD
NHL 18 - maybe

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 09-19-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:16 AM   #1050
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The trade off is you can't do formation subs for the CPU team with a generic playbook on offense. That is how I get realistic RB rotations.

The game planning method for me works great in getting the CPU to call a better game and using their team specific playbook, and also being able to do the formation subs which for me immerses me personally far more seeing different RB's coming into the game.

A perfect example is the Patriots where they use 4 different RB's constantly. That simply will not happen if you decide to use a generic playbook and no formation sub ability.

So again.....Madden forces us to make a trade off, instead of us having it all with true user custom-ability in franchise mode, like the other sports games (Show and 2K).
I never touched opponent's playbook/formation subs but nevertheless they DO rotations. A lot.
I just played vs Chiefs. Before the beginning of the season I boosted Hunt a bit, so they have Ware and Hunt with comparable OVR and in the end they played +/- the same amount of downs.
I don't know how they do it, it's not formation based, I suppose they simply switch them in depth charts (didn't check depth chart, though, stupid me) or maybe they simply use different formation packages in different moments.

For sure they do rotations.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #1051
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

How are the 9 minute quarters going for people? I know on offense it's recommended that we don't button through each play, but it seems like it's impossible for the computer not to since the playclock pauses as soon as you're prompted to pick a defensive play. So it's as if the offense is pretty much running a no huddle offense every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #1052
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The trade off is you can't do formation subs for the CPU team with a generic playbook on offense. That is how I get realistic RB rotations.

The game planning method for me works great in getting the CPU to call a better game and using their team specific playbook, and also being able to do the formation subs which for me immerses me personally far more seeing different RB's coming into the game.

A perfect example is the Patriots where they use 4 different RB's constantly. That simply will not happen if you decide to use a generic playbook and no formation sub ability.

So again.....Madden forces us to make a trade off, instead of us having it all with true user custom-ability in franchise mode, like the other sports games (Show and 2K).
Armor bud... Can you please post what changes to the Pats formation subs you made? I would like to reflect in my CFM.

I believe they're the only team that uses so many RBs.

Thanks!

Last edited by The Kid 24; 09-20-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #1053
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Game-Planning and its Effect on CPU Play Calling and Gameplay (Offline CFMs ONLY!)

So, in summary:
  1. Take control of the CPU coach the WEEK BEFORE your game (if starting a new franchise, this means you have to start in preseason)
  2. Once CPU coach is under your control, advance to the next week (i.e. the week of your game)
  3. For the CPU coach, change the offensive gameplannng to "Red Zone Offense" and defensive to "Red Zone Defense" (both are near the bottom of the list). Simulate the training. If you want to adjust their offensive scheme, you can do that here too. You may retire the CPU coach once done (they will not disappear for good). If you do not retire their coach before playing your game, make sure to adjust their autosubs to the below CFM settings.
  4. For the User coach, change the offensive gameplannng to "Red Zone Offense" and defensive to "Red Zone Defense" (both are near the bottom of the list). Simulate the training.
  5. Play your game.
  6. Once that game is ended, don't forget to take control of the CPU coach for your next game before advancing.
  7. Repeat Steps 1-6.
Josh... I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...

So I'm doing a Vikings CFM and I'm in Week 4 of the preseason right now... Since the Saints are my Week 1 opponent, I should do the above steps now in Week 4 of the preseason?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #1054
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
  • Sacks for PA passes (against the user): IDing the Mike helps, as does aggressive pass block. But yeah, the R2 thing was my error....it's actually the L1 control at the LOS which you reference (i.e. the pinch and so on)...I don't know why I never made that connection...lol. But the biggest helper here is calling them at opportune times (i.e. not calling them on 3rd and long plays). Also, know your hot reads at all times and be prepared to get rid of the ball quickly. To me, this is more about using good strategy than a game issue.
Ok, I made a video of what I think it's a bug. Sorry for quality.
https://youtu.be/BticI667NvI

Now, this is the context:
- I was running consistently all the drive and the previous drive;
- that pass rusher was id as mic;
- I shifted the OL to the right;
- my RT has 94 PBK and 93 awr;
- the puss rusher has 80 pwr moves with bull rush

There's a few things I consider wrong in this play:
1- why the hell they didn't double that guy?
2- the RG has a weird animation, like if he's looking for someone
3- the LT has a very weird animation, too

This is happening more and more frequently. I can easily get 7-8 sacks per match.

BUT on the other way, even if my OL isn't really disciplined, I can play with aggressive blocking for an entire match and I'll get 2-3 penalties with the message "coaching adjustment blah blah blah".
How do you see it?
Old 09-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #1055
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Josh... Do you have your scheme edits?

Someone mentioned in another slider thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #1056
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Josh... Do you have your scheme edits?

Someone mentioned in another slider thread.
That was for M17; I am not doing any for M18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »