Home

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #2177
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I set the schemes and QB traits...I touch the autosubs during the sim....
How do you do the autosubs during the sim? And for qb traits..how often do you normally stop and change all the qb traits? I'm assuming you have to do it often due to the generated players who are drafted every year
Old 02-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #2178
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Would this be fine to implement if we don't want to sim 10 years? Can we just start with year 1?
You absolutely can....but the major point of this is to get away from stock ratings. And to be honest...while year 10 looks good....those middle years with aging vets and young guys buried behind them....don't know how they will look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
How do you do the autosubs during the sim? And for qb traits..how often do you normally stop and change all the qb traits? I'm assuming you have to do it often due to the generated players who are drafted every year
I leave autosubs at default. I did NOT stop to address the traits during the sim. I thought about it, but to do that every year....you're talking ~10 hours of work. Both TDawg and I have just left them alone during the sim and then updated everyone after the sim was over.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #2179
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Back at it again:

https://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Old 02-18-2018, 01:46 AM   #2180
Just started!

I just registered on the site and Im wanting to view your sliders but it's not letting me. Any clue why?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #2181
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

I just finished my 3rd game using 60% of TDawg's XP settings... and I think this is where I'm going to stay for now. I won all three games, but two of them were by a combined six points. On the offensive side, it didn't seem to play much different from my 10 year sims at 30/40%. Maybe a little tighter CPU defense overall, but that could be placebo.

The main difference was when the CPU was on offense. All three games featured respectable rushing offense against me, including two 100 yard rushing games from CPU HB1. At the lower XP settings, they seemed stuck in the 21 rushes for 55 yards type of games. CPU QB aggressiveness is still hit or miss, but they found the mushy center of the Cover 2 here and there... and all three games featured some combination of WR/TEs with YPC in the 15-20 yard range. That was never happening before, everything was underneath and no receiver hit double digit YPC.

My now standard disclaimer: It's impossible to come to any hard and fast conclusions. With so many variables in each 10 year sim just with player progression alone, there just isn't going to be a sound testing environment. That said, I've found that the 60% does the best job passing my smell test.

There are 26 total players rated 90+, all CPU generated. Top player in the league is a 28 year old 7th year beast of a FS at 97 OVR (94 AWR, 95 PRC, 99 ZVC). The three best players on the team that I was using were all 86 OVR (C / RG / FB). When I setup the XP settings, I accidentally gave FB the same setting as HB, so I do have a good amount of high OVR FBs. Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #2182
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

Ok this my sound like a dumb question but im a lil confused..... When you say "sim" 10 years do you actually mean your simming 10 season then playing manually?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #2183
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Ok this my sound like a dumb question but im a lil confused..... When you say "sim" 10 years do you actually mean your simming 10 season then playing manually?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
yes. the idea is to push out established veteran players and allow the progression engine to work on younger (mostly CPU generated) players to see if it improves gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #2184
Pro

I gave 80% a try. I stopped simming after 8 yrs to check where things were at, and I must say, I'm intrigued with what I'm initially seeing. I haven't had a chance to dig into the player ratings, or play a game, but the OVR's are more to my liking. Still a few more 90's and high 80's than I like, but definitely better.

I'm off mon/tue, so I think I'll do another sim mon morning (70% ?) and compare that to the current one at 80%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »