Home

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #2713
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

After playing some games on madden 15. Easy to see the effect of slow speed. The timing was off had to bump it back to normal. Also made me appreciate madden 16 and 18 that much more. Just wish I had full scouting from 15.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-14-2018, 01:05 AM   #2714
Rookie

I put it to 9 min with 20 sec run off...
It's playing great.. Probably not quite enough plays, but it's good for me.
I'm playing as the Seahawks and I'm like 8 and 3.
Not sure if right, but before each game i go to the other team and adjust qb based on awareness and I also put it to balanced.
Seems to work good.
I also adjust their offensive scheme to balanced.
Injuries are piling up a bit but seem pretty realistic. Had to pull a guy up from practice squad and put someone on ir.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #2715
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthh
I put it to 9 min with 20 sec run off...
It's playing great.. Probably not quite enough plays, but it's good for me.
I'm playing as the Seahawks and I'm like 8 and 3.
Not sure if right, but before each game i go to the other team and adjust qb based on awareness and I also put it to balanced.
Seems to work good.
I also adjust their offensive scheme to balanced.
Injuries are piling up a bit but seem pretty realistic. Had to pull a guy up from practice squad and put someone on ir.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Just curious why you went with the 20 sec run-off? The OP has acc clock turned off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #2716
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

If anyone cares, I'll be firing up M19 next Tuesday on my PS4 (08/07).

As some of you know, I was on the Beta trial so I already have a good feel for the game's slider mechanics (i.e. nothing has changed in terms of functionality).

As per the norm, I will be starting-off by running default All Pro, 9 minute quarters, no acc clock, all gameplay assists turned off, default autosubs/XP sliders/penalties. My main point of emphasis to start the year will be the injury settings. The 50/50 setting we're using now may indeed work, but I also need to see how badly the injuries stack-up in CFM at that level and evaluate the gameplay balance.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #2717
Rookie

Do you have a preference when it comes to holding L1 or LB to have the computer control your user rather than manually controlling your user?
Old 08-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #2718
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.grace_12
Do you have a preference when it comes to holding L1 or LB to have the computer control your user rather than manually controlling your user?

I think it is better to control your players; this might be total placebo, but I think the game plays differently when you don't take control (falling into that very icky CPU v CPU paradigm).
Old 08-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #2719
Rookie

Another thing, are you expecting that we’re gonna have to change cpu team schemes again to balance out gameplay?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #2720
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.grace_12
Another thing, are you expecting that we’re gonna have to change cpu team schemes again to balance out gameplay?
Good question.

It's been widely dispersed that EA found a bug in the play calling module which was causing the CPU to call WAY too many 4-vert plays. That bug has been squashed. The "balanced" scheme last year helped a bit; but it was a band-aid fix.

Schemes this year are a bit different in the sense that the offensive/defensive scheme automatically change the personnel scheme. I like this as my biggest peeves last year was that certain coaches were assigned a 43 scheme with 34 personnel schemes. This year, you cannot manually change the positional scheme separately - I view this as a positive change (though I would like to see more varied schemes added in-game). Schemes also will directly impact (though we need to assess to what degree) player development pathways and CPU player acquisition. Using schemes as a "fix" just isn't in the cards this year IMO. I may tweak some team schemes, but it will be more to "assist" the CPU to better optimize their schemes to personnel and will be very much to personal preference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »