Home

RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by marillion9
Aestis....do these sliders need to be set in both the Main and CFM areas? Or just in the CFM? Thanks for all the hard work on these!
Thanks! And I don't go down that rabbit hole haha...can't see how my personal main menu settings affect 2 other guys playing an online cfm game.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #10
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

While I'm sure this set is certainly not perfect, already I see much better animations & DB/WR interactions.

Also note these sshots are vs CPU which isn't exactly like user defenses, but it's approximate.

Here's Sherman pressing & staying inside hip on a slant vs DeAndre Hopkins. Slants were guaranteed catches vs man/press in M17. They still *generally* beat man, Hopkins will win this battle more times than he loses. But you get plays like this, a moment before I get sacked:

And on the other side of the spectrum, often times I'm getting TD passes against pretty good coverage. In M17 either a WR was open by 5-10 yds, or it was an INT. In the NFL you have much more interactions like this (Braxton Miller caught this pass for the TD):

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #11
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

This is a very solid base! I am loving the coverage with speed threshold and man coverage at 80. You couldn't get this with all pro. ONLY thing I did different was up reaction to 60 (I was definitely wrong about that slider) reason being out and up routes. But ive loved the coverage!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #12
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Also, because of high coverage is this why you went higher with catching? I'm assuming so...
Old 09-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
This is a very solid base! I am loving the coverage with speed threshold and man coverage at 80. You couldn't get this with all pro. ONLY thing I did different was up reaction to 60 (I was definitely wrong about that slider) reason being out and up routes. But ive loved the coverage!
I've done some PDRT testing in CFM practice mode. They definitely are NOT reversed and those threads claiming they are bug the crap out of me because there's never any testing done. Just claims. Though I do think PDRT may work in stranger ways than simply 'reaction speed to the throw.' It's difficult to test on All Madden because the baseline reaction speed on AM is already quite high. But I do see on 100 PDRT, on say a quick hitch route, the defender will jump in front of the route even before the pass is thrown, occasionally triggering a jump-pass animation that leaves the receiver *open* as the animation will trigger too early... as counter-intuitive as that seems. So the results of 0 PDRT may not be too different than 100 on All Madden. But it's small things like that. Doesn't mean they are reversed.

Thus I don't plan to move PDRT much. Doubt I will ever go below mid 40s or above high 50s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Also, because of high coverage is this why you went higher with catching? I'm assuming so...
Pretty much. Goal is for successful offenses to have to throw into tight 1on1 coverage at times, where the defender is right there but the receiver has body leverage to make a tough catch. Not just the 'find the wide open guy' game. NFL QBs have to make these throws.

On paper this should make catch ratings more important and hopefully lessen the value of pure speedsters with middling catch ratings. This all sounds great on paper, it won't always play out this way, but I see it happen sometimes when it basically never did in M17.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #14
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I've done some PDRT testing in CFM practice mode. They definitely are NOT reversed and those threads claiming they are bug the crap out of me because there's never any testing done. Just claims. Though I do think PDRT may work in stranger ways than simply 'reaction speed to the throw.' It's difficult to test on All Madden because the baseline reaction speed on AM is already quite high. But I do see on 100 PDRT, on say a quick hitch route, the defender will jump in front of the route even before the pass is thrown, occasionally triggering a jump-pass animation that leaves the receiver *open* as the animation will trigger too early... as counter-intuitive as that seems. So the results of 0 PDRT may not be too different than 100 on All Madden. But it's small things like that. Doesn't mean they are reversed.

Thus I don't plan to move PDRT much. Doubt I will ever go below mid 40s or above high 50s.

Pretty much. Goal is for successful offenses to have to throw into tight 1on1 coverage at times, where the defender is right there but the receiver has body leverage to make a tough catch. Not just the 'find the wide open guy' game. NFL QBs have to make these throws.

On paper this should make catch ratings more important and hopefully lessen the value of pure speedsters with middling catch ratings. This all sounds great on paper, it won't always play out this way, but I see it happen sometimes when it basically never did in M17.
Agree 100%! The reason I thought from testing early was having me fooled as it was the man coverage slider at 100 doing what it should. It had nothing to do with the reaction. What I have seen is the safeties reacting quicker with it higher. Also they adjust quicker on the cuts. Example and you can test this is the out and up routes or the double move out and up routes. Test it with PDRT at 50 / 60 / 75 you will see a huge difference. They were too slow to adjust to the double move again leaving 5 yards separation like on the default streaks. Those are the only things where I really can see a difference with it at different ratings in PDRT.

Catching makes sense. I had lower for more knock outs if hit after a catch but it makes sense with the way this coverage is to up it. Man coverage is a legit strategy with these! Thank you! I know you hate the separation with speedsters as I do. I was concerned that the speed threshold at 70 would nerf the QB running (Russell Wilson) but it does not. Great balance IMO...

Look forward to see where you end up after a seasons worth of data and how guys will do against the man defense... Good stuff!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #15
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

RFF you're my hero. Best commish ever. AWFL 4 lyfe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #16
Rookie

Chin2112's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis

XP Sliders will be something close to the below (based on the raw data from tdawg's M18 testing):
QB 80
HB 100
FB 30
WR 60
TE 90
OT 80
OG 80
C 80
DT 100
DE 100
OLB 100
MLB 100
CB 100
FS 100
SS 100
K 100
P 100
Hey dude, so i've noticed you've left a lot of the sliders at 100, in our league we're planning on banning positional changes so guys can't move DEs to DT, CBs to FS and even banning the moving of OT to OG, OG to C etc.

With that in mind would you recommend moving more in relation to TDawg's XP slider set and his slight variations or would you just keep them similar like you have?

We've also noticed that OL still doesn't get much XP so we're worried about it being at 80, knowing how well you run your league and how well your sliders work I'd be interested in your opinion.

Thank you so much for the work you do!
Miami Marlins

PSN: PS4 - Chin2112

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »