Home

RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 09-05-2017, 04:51 PM   #25
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Just messaged my league that we're implementing these when we advance to Week 2. Very optimistic!

Again, qualifier: starting point.

Pass rush & run game are two areas I could see being a little too strong or too weak. After even just a week of data (we'll be getting into reg season games this weekend), I'll have an idea of how close to the mark these are & start tweaking.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-06-2017, 06:58 AM   #26
Rookie

We have talked a few times on DISCORD brother, why do you think people are so afraid of using sliders to get realistic games out of Madden? Time seems to scare people as well. People and sit and watch an NFL game for 2 hours with commercials, but won't play an hour to get a simulation feel when playing the game we seem to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3

Looks like patch dropped today, so interested to see how that effects these sliders. Seems like good timing with your league heading into the regular season this weekend.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #28
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunde
We have talked a few times on DISCORD brother, why do you think people are so afraid of using sliders to get realistic games out of Madden? Time seems to scare people as well. People and sit and watch an NFL game for 2 hours with commercials, but won't play an hour to get a simulation feel when playing the game we seem to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app

I get the duration thing. Our games are right around 1:10 and I've been hesitant about squeaking out the final ~10 snaps it would take to get our snap count right in line with the NFL. I'd love to, but I think once you start to hit 1:20+ for a game, some guys start checking out.

I'd personally rather advance slower (which we do) and get a full game experience in, but I get the challenge there. Hell, NFL games are THREE hours long with commercials these days. Playoff games more like 3:15.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #29
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Looks like patch dropped today, so interested to see how that effects these sliders. Seems like good timing with your league heading into the regular season this weekend.

I think I will leave tackle at 55 and see how week 1 goes. 80 coverage with All Madden may prove too stifling in the pass game too, but we shall see in the next few days. We will start when the roster update hits today & tomorrow, so I should at least have some example preseason games over the weekend to make sure nothing is TOTALLY far off, and some actual data (finally!) beginning of next week.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #30
Pro

Quick question for you: does adjusting CPU sliders have any impact on user-vs-user play? We occasionally have CPU games as people go on auto, teams drop throughout the year. I'd like to implement some All-Madden sliders for the CPU as a hybrid to your User sliders, if that doesn't have ramifications
Old 09-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #31
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Quick question for you: does adjusting CPU sliders have any impact on user-vs-user play? We occasionally have CPU games as people go on auto, teams drop throughout the year. I'd like to implement some All-Madden sliders for the CPU as a hybrid to your User sliders, if that doesn't have ramifications

I've set our CPU sliders to Charter's CPU set. I felt like it gave users a challenge to where they might lose. Depending on the goal of CPU games (some leagues want a virtual auto-win for the user due to opponent not being able to play, some want a challenge, etc.) you could adjust them to be easier.

Also with the new tuner update giving a noticeable bump to zones, I am probably going to drop our coverage sliders to start and see how week 1 games go. Everything is a little nebulous until I really get data. This is the uncomfortable fact most slider makers prefer to ignore.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I've set our CPU sliders to Charter's CPU set. I felt like it gave users a challenge to where they might lose. Depending on the goal of CPU games (some leagues want a virtual auto-win for the user due to opponent not being able to play, some want a challenge, etc.) you could adjust them to be easier.

Also with the new tuner update giving a noticeable bump to zones, I am probably going to drop our coverage sliders to start and see how week 1 games go. Everything is a little nebulous until I really get data. This is the uncomfortable fact most slider makers prefer to ignore.
We kicked off Week 2 last night with your sliders and the game feels great. Will stay tuned for any changed you make, but coverage felt very good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »