RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 05:44 AM   #41
Rookie
 
Cajungodfather's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

As head of a 3rd year sim league, I can promise anyone looking for the most realistic slider set on the internet, THIS is the guy to trust. Nothing against the rest of the slider gurus out there, there are some great sets other than this one, but without a doubt, RFF puts in the time and effort to get these sliders tuned in exactly to what they should be. We used a variation of his sliders last year, and had great results, so we will be using his sliders as a base again this year.

Cajungodfather is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #42
AWFL Commish
 
Aestis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 538
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
As head of a 3rd year sim league, I can promise anyone looking for the most realistic slider set on the internet, THIS is the guy to trust. Nothing against the rest of the slider gurus out there, there are some great sets other than this one, but without a doubt, RFF puts in the time and effort to get these sliders tuned in exactly to what they should be. We used a variation of his sliders last year, and had great results, so we will be using his sliders as a base again this year.

Thanks for the kind words, my man. Hope yall's league is off to a promising start.

I've tuned down the coverage post-patch just to make sure things aren't overly brutal when we start. Will re-up it if stats are out of line. Got to see a preseason game with this set last night just as a check to make sure nothing was crazy out of line. Both teams ran well, jukes/spins were a little neutered thanks to patch & higher tackling, score was 31-24 from two of our better players. Lots of picks but most were blatant mistakes frankly, either user picks over the middle or throwing aggressively into 3-4 guys.

Updating OP now with modified tuned-down coverage sliders.
__________________
RFF / Aestis
XBL ID: AestisFF
Twitch Channel


Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Aestis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #43
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Had 13 user games in Week 2. Here's what the stats showed:

Overall, user teams averaged 1.5 TD passes and 2.8 INT per game. Some of that is user error and greed in the throw game, but definitely an indicator that coverage is a little too tight and quick to close gaps

Users averaged 3.8 sacks per game, only 4 or 5 users had an extremely high number of sacks. NFL average is about 3 sacks per game, so this is just a tad high. We aren't going to touch pass rush just yet, to see first if loosened coverage mitigates coverage sacks

9 QBs had above 60% completions. 8 had under 50%. Only one user game had both users above 60%. Again, softening coverage.

Week 3 Changes:
Moved Coverage from 80 to 70
Moved Pass Defense Reaction from 50 to 45
bucknut7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #44
AWFL Commish
 
Aestis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 538
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Had 13 user games in Week 2. Here's what the stats showed:

Overall, user teams averaged 1.5 TD passes and 2.8 INT per game. Some of that is user error and greed in the throw game, but definitely an indicator that coverage is a little too tight and quick to close gaps

Users averaged 3.8 sacks per game, only 4 or 5 users had an extremely high number of sacks. NFL average is about 3 sacks per game, so this is just a tad high. We aren't going to touch pass rush just yet, to see first if loosened coverage mitigates coverage sacks

9 QBs had above 60% completions. 8 had under 50%. Only one user game had both users above 60%. Again, softening coverage.

Week 3 Changes:
Moved Coverage from 80 to 70
Moved Pass Defense Reaction from 50 to 45

I just updated what we're going to start with. I'd even go lower on PDRT. AM is already very fast reactions, so going lower is still All Madden if that makes sense. I agree that is the #1 thing to adjust without sacrificing coverage but lowering INTs.

I also feel like there's a learning curve with both sliders and the game. That is a much tricker judgment call and comes down to you knowing your league--early last cycle, we endured 2-3 weeks of some bad offense until guys learned what they could no longer get away with on tougher sliders. More safe checkdowns, more punts, fewer 10-20 yd passes thru the air. Avg through the air in the NFL is about 6 yds. We were at like 8-9.

I bet that guys just needed to learn and they did. There's a fine line between adjusting sliders to allow certain stats to match up (e.g. completion % and INTs) while ignoring other stats (Yds per Completion, Yds per Attempt), versus forcing people to adjust.

And that's where the art comes in, all i can provide is the science (soon). Balancing the initial learning curve with wonky stats for 2-3 weeks vs nope, the sliders need adjusting a bit. That can be a tough road to stare down when some teams are struggling to complete 50% because either sliders are too tough or they have an unrealistic expectation on the kinds of throws they should be attempting.
__________________
RFF / Aestis
XBL ID: AestisFF
Twitch Channel


Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Aestis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #45
AWFL Commish
 
Aestis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 538
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Just an update. Watched more preseason league games finally post-tuner update.

Zones react so much faster & better that I dropped PDRT heavily. Will post week-end results early this week, we kicked off the league this weekend.

Long story short, I recommend dropping PDRT very low (we started at 15). From the first 4 games I'm seeing some nice results. Coverage is still very tough but don't see as many crazy pass-jumps. Eases things up a bit. INTs very high to start (same as last cycle) but watched most of the games and almost all bad decisions or teams being super aggressive downfield....which is the whole point of these sliders, you can be 5x as aggressive as NFL QBs if you want, but there is a cost.
__________________
RFF / Aestis
XBL ID: AestisFF
Twitch Channel


Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Aestis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #46
Staff Writer
 
Mike Lowe's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,979
Blog Entries: 7
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

So in a league with mixed users and AI, any suggestions for sliders?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
__________________
be fulfilled. be magnanimous. be grateful.
@MikeLowe47
Mike Lowe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #47
AWFL Commish
 
Aestis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 538
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
So in a league with mixed users and AI, any suggestions for sliders?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Personally I'd keep it All Madden and use my User sliders.

I think Charter's sliders would work well for CPU offense. For CPU defense, I'd use mine but subtract ~5... so if I have USER coverage at 75, lower CPU to ~70.
__________________
RFF / Aestis
XBL ID: AestisFF
Twitch Channel


Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Aestis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #48
NiNja
 
Soonerfan14's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,202
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Love your Sliders Aestis. The best for user v User leagues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, and I'll Be livin' Till I'm Sooner Dead.

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys


Madden 17 CFM's
Soonerfan14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Top -