RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #57
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimphoe
One issue we're having in our league is unrealistically high YPC through two games, especially behind good o-lines.

Bad or average o-lines are about in line with where they should be (if not a little low) in the 3.8-4.0 ypc range.

Our top guys:

Zeke: 45-396-8.8
Mixon: 33-361-10.9
Fournette: 54-357-6.6
Gurley: 44-318-7.2
Rawls: 27-263-9.7

How has your experience been, and any concerns about the run game?

Also, I know you have ball hawk on, but what about heat seeker?

Our median YPC for nearly-complete week 1 (2 teams left to play) is 4.0 YPC, which is right in line with the NFL.

That said, we absolutely have a few RBs who hit some big YPCs in wk 1. I do think it's a bit more boom-or-bust than the NFL, but if you balance only on keeping the top RBs in line, you risky making the bottom teams unable to run whatsoever. I balance for the median and accept it'll never be perfect.

Here's a screenshot of our wk 1 top rushers by # of attempts:

If you all are a few weeks in and rushing is out of control, may just be better runners / weaker run defenders than we are and can tweak RB down accordingly.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 3

Out of curiosity, why fumbles at 75? Does this slider impact anything other than fumbles? Because we're seeing a good amount of fumbles even at 55
Old 09-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #59
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Out of curiosity, why fumbles at 75? Does this slider impact anything other than fumbles? Because we're seeing a good amount of fumbles even at 55
Higher = fewer fumbles.

At 79 I saw about half the fumble rate (by % of snaps) of the NFL. Lowering to 75 to get a few more fumbles and will probably go lower. I'm a little sensitive to TOs until INTs start to decline.

It's counter-intuitive, I realize. Think of the slider as the "hold onto the football" slider. You can find the tooltip explanation in the Main Menu, and my data backs it up.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Higher = fewer fumbles.

At 79 I saw about half the fumble rate (by % of snaps) of the NFL. Lowering to 75 to get a few more fumbles and will probably go lower. I'm a little sensitive to TOs until INTs start to decline.

It's counter-intuitive, I realize. Think of the slider as the "hold onto the football" slider. You can find the tooltip explanation in the Main Menu, and my data backs it up.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:59 PM   #61
Pro

I'm going to be honest, I just don't think All Madden is for us. Players don't seem to be playing to ratings here, no receivers are getting seperation, pass rush comes in within 2 seconds.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #62
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Getting very close now, finally. The zone tuner update really made the initial set we started with too tough on offense, as has been discussed in previous posts.

5 PDRT / 60 COV / 85 PBK has made things a LOT closer. That plus guys learning what they can & can't get away with on the sliders have resulted in some pretty cool games. Comp% on the rise, INTs have dropped noticeably, haven't checked sack rate but yet feels lower.

We'll see if coverage needs to go slightly lower or if PBK needs one more slight bump--but either way this is playing much closer to how I want it and it's starting to show up in the #s.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #63
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Will post some more comprehensive #s when I get a few mins to do so:

- Run game through 2.5 weeks was much too powerful (saw other guys posting this & DM'ing me in Discord, ours took til week 2 to show up), RBK has been dropped to 56.

- PBK getting very close to the sweet spot, bumped to 90.

- INT dropped 35-->33. 33 is where we had it in M17, won't go lower or stone hand DBs become too much of an issue.

- PDRT 5-->1. It's still All Madden so they still react quickly, but PDRT is the best way to combat INTs & coverage a bit.

- Coverage 65-->55. Slowly inching this one down and monitoring our passing #s. They were WAY too low at 65-75 so I've been slowly dropping coverage. Don't want to go too low or MCV becomes un-viable, but at 55 it's still fine.

Catching 57-->60. Slowly inching this one up as well due to tighter coverage. It's in a pretty good place generally speaking.

Our week 2 got off to a really poor start. Passing #s league-wide were terrible, way way too low. Week 3 so far has been MUCH better. Still not quite where I want it (hence the above adjustments) but it's getting close.

We still see a lot of INTs, but I've watched a lot of games, and a large % of them are still guys forcing passes into coverage. If you keep nerfing coverage until you can make any throw against any defense and never throw a pick, then the pass game is going to be ludicrous. You want to keep the chess match alive and certain zones are designed to take parts of the field away. If guys don't know how to attack these zones or force it, there should be consequences.

That said, INTs have come way down from these adjustments + as guys have learned what they can get away with.

After a brutal first 1.5 weeks, so far in week 3, 9 of 16 teams who have played have thrown 0 or 1 INT.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

Last edited by Aestis; 09-18-2017 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #64
Just started!

Will these work with all pro???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »