Home

RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 09-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #65
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Coverage keeps coming down--feel is much better, more guys are enjoying the gameplay a lot more. Now see a good chunk of the league able to pass for 230-300+ yds. A few guys still struggling really badly though.

Comp% is up to 60% so far in week 4 through about ~9 games. Up from low/mid 50s to start, which is a nice sign. median Yds per Att in wk 4 so far is at 7.2, which is exactly NFL level (7.2). My sweet spot target there is actually 7.5-7.9, so we're still lower than where I'd like, but we were at around 6.0 on initial slider set.

I am continuing to drop coverage. Down to 15-20. It's still tough (easiest AM setting is still a large step up from 100/100 All Pro). I wish there were a better middle ground, but All Pro is just laughably easy. Defenders barely cover at all compared to AM, can throw for 300 yds in a half, routes such as corners will get open vs just about every coverage which does NOT happen on AM. There's a reason most AP leagues are putting up silly numbers.

So I've updated OP. I always have raised catching to a pretty sweet spot, at 65 I finally am seeing a few downfield 1on1 jump ball catches by elite WRs. That helps out with yardage & allowing teams to be aggressive "safely" by attacking 1on1 matchups downfield without trying to thread needles between zones.

Pass block is in a pretty good spot now. At 90-95, many plays QBs have several seconds to throw, which does make sitting back in zone coverage and only rushing 3-4 less of an impactful strategy. Still see plenty of sacks due to blitzes and the occasional insta-shed, but overall it's pretty good.

Run game probably a tiny bit high at 56 still but keeping it there until at least the end of the week. Don't want to nerf RBK too much until passing gets in a slightly better place. It's super close, I suspect eventually 54-55 will be the sweet spot.

Still not quite at the sweet spot but getting close.

Some of it is, frankly, guys are still learning. Some are playing M17 assuming things like corners just always get open and they just aren't.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

Last edited by Aestis; 09-20-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #66
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat89
Will these work with all pro???
To be honest All Pro won't work at a certain skill level regardless of sliders.

I've played on 100 PDRT / 100 Coverage / 15 QBA / lowered PBK. And still can throw for 300 yds at about 13 yds per attempt and >80% completion rate.... in a single half with low-accuracy rookie Deshaun Watson.

User games aren't quite so blatant, but to answer your question no, I would not use these sliders on AP.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #67
Just started!

Yeah I understand that but the league I'm in has quite a few users than simply can't handle all madden. We have a vote for sliders and all pro won. Just looking to find something everyone enjoys lol
Old 09-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #68
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat89
Yeah I understand that but the league I'm in has quite a few users than simply can't handle all madden. We have a vote for sliders and all pro won. Just looking to find something everyone enjoys lol

Fair enough. This cycle of Madden has been frustrating because the gameplay is the best yet but balance is 10x more maddening than 16/17. All Pro w/ sliders jacked up to 100 reaction/coverage is still just NFL Blitz lite, the coverage is a joke and the gameplay is effectively one step up from pure arcade for guys who know how to read a D.

But All Madden with reaction/coverage sliders at 1 is still too tough, the reaction speed of defensive players is way too fast. The gameplay can get VERY close to NFL level averages on AM, but we don't run NFL # of plays, so the raw yardage is low, and INTs are still a major issue.

So at the moment I'm having a lot of trouble; arcade gameplay or low total passing yardage.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #69
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Fair enough. This cycle of Madden has been frustrating because the gameplay is the best yet but balance is 10x more maddening than 16/17. All Pro w/ sliders jacked up to 100 reaction/coverage is still just NFL Blitz lite, the coverage is a joke and the gameplay is effectively one step up from pure arcade for guys who know how to read a D.

But All Madden with reaction/coverage sliders at 1 is still too tough, the reaction speed of defensive players is way too fast. The gameplay can get VERY close to NFL level averages on AM, but we don't run NFL # of plays, so the raw yardage is low, and INTs are still a major issue.

So at the moment I'm having a lot of trouble; arcade gameplay or low total passing yardage.
Charter has mentioned he believes sliders are reversed ( particularly pass reaction and pass coverage) if that is tru maybe on all pro at 100 thats why passing is too easy? maybe having it on 1 is making it too hard on AM? Just something i saw him say, maybe good if people who test them got together on these things and see.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #70
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Charter has mentioned he believes sliders are reversed ( particularly pass reaction and pass coverage) if that is tru maybe on all pro at 100 thats why passing is too easy? maybe having it on 1 is making it too hard on AM? Just something i saw him say, maybe good if people who test them got together on these things and see.
A few people floated that idea a couple weeks ago and it was effectively proven to be false. As I've dropped coverage, things have gotten slightly better. Just still lower than where I'd like them. Comp% has risen 1% each week as I've dropped coverage steadily, Yds per Att is up to 7.4 this week, up from 6.5-7.1 earlier... median passing yds is up 20-30 from wk 2. Now you could attribute this to people learning & adjusting instead of slider changes and that may be true. You could argue they don't do much of anything in user games. But certain sliders are easy to see they DO affect user games, others are tougher to definitively say. Pretty positive they are not reversed, though.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #71
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Nailed. It.

Finally. Sorry it took until our 5th week of games to really get to the sweet spot.

I've updated the original post on page 1.

Here is how we are now benchmarking statistically vs the NFL:
Spoiler

tldr; Passing has been clicking the past 2 weeks! Seen a couple 350+ yd games, several 70-80%+ completion rate games, etc.

A special note on sacks:
Spoiler

Also, added a "highlight reel" of some screenshots to OP:

What the passing game on these sliders looks like, in a few cool screenshots capturing animations you'll see more of:
Spoiler

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

Last edited by Aestis; 09-25-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #72
Rookie

So can you post the official Sliders you have set up please. These are working good in our league appreciate you taking the time to set these up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »