Mike Lowe Madden '18 Sliders - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Mike Lowe Madden '18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe Madden '18 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #105
Staff Writer

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden '18 Sliders

Yes, actually. First post updated to what we're using in our CFM.

Lots of teams available still if anyone's interested. We're currently in Week 6.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #106

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Against my better judgement I took one last crack at Madden and figured I'd try your sliders just to see how the higher coverage sliders did. For the most part, after 2 games, I don't have a lot to complain about albeit the CPU QB is very rarely ever off target which is kinda disappointing just from the stand point that I'd like to see a few errant throws instead of everything being on a dime. I did keep injury at 10 and fatigue at 80 as it was giving me a nice rotation at HB before, having said that in 2 games with these sliders I'm no longer getting that rotation for whatever reason.

Outside of that and a false start issue which I assume is due to the higher fatigue as it only happens on longer drives typically I'm enjoying the game. I'm seeing a little better coverage but zone is still pretty weak for the most part with guys standing around doing nothing and other times completely abandoning their zone responsibility. I'll just have to learn to live with it or stop playing as I've been down this road for months and can't seem to find the magical answer that will solve this.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Against my better judgement I took one last crack at Madden and figured I'd try your sliders just to see how the higher coverage sliders did. For the most part, after 2 games, I don't have a lot to complain about albeit the CPU QB is very rarely ever off target which is kinda disappointing just from the stand point that I'd like to see a few errant throws instead of everything being on a dime. I did keep injury at 10 and fatigue at 80 as it was giving me a nice rotation at HB before, having said that in 2 games with these sliders I'm no longer getting that rotation for whatever reason.

Outside of that and a false start issue which I assume is due to the higher fatigue as it only happens on longer drives typically I'm enjoying the game. I'm seeing a little better coverage but zone is still pretty weak for the most part with guys standing around doing nothing and other times completely abandoning their zone responsibility. I'll just have to learn to live with it or stop playing as I've been down this road for months and can't seem to find the magical answer that will solve this.
Noticed this too with another set, 80 fatigue. Drop fumbles to 30. Fumbles is a RB Ability Slider. With it lower, they sub as they should. 30 was the magic number for 80 fatigue. You may have to adjust tackle to 40 or something closer to the 30 fumble.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:59 PM   #108

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Noticed this too with another set, 80 fatigue. Drop fumbles to 30. Fumbles is a RB Ability Slider. With it lower, they sub as they should. 30 was the magic number for 80 fatigue. You may have to adjust tackle to 40 or something closer to the 30 fumble.
Yeah I don't know, I have zero interest in tinkering and tweaking sliders at this point its either plug and play or turn it off and move on for good. I just can't figure out pass coverage and it doesn't help that the CPU rarely misses a pass with the most recent game being Russell Wilson going 28/33. I got no idea how people play pass defense but I'm either doing something completely wrong or the game just wants it to be wide open with zero defense to speak of. In 3 games with these sliders the CPU QB's have gone...

Philip Rivers - 33/44, 366 Yds
Jameis Winston - 26/36, 389 Yds
Russell Wilson - 28/33, 287 Yds

In 3 games the CPU has gone a combined 87/113 (76.9%) and averaged 347.3 yards per game. That's just not anywhere near realistic but because the game is so heavily skewed towards the CPU on All-Madden it juices up the CPU and makes them play above their ratings. I mean there is no better proof of that then when I was editing QB's accuracy ratings down by 30 pointes and they were still throwing lasers lmfao. If a guy with accuracy ratings in the 50's can shred a defense then I got zero idea how to stop the CPU. I try every combination of pass defense and nothing works unless I get a sack otherwise the CPU just moves the ball at will.

I might give it one more shot and really just drop the CPU Accuracy way down and see what happens, if that makes zero difference then I'll officially throw in the towel. I'm starting to think this is the best we're gonna see, EA doesn't care about the offline crowd and that isn't changing anytime soon.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #109
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I edit all ball carriers to NEVER for cover the ball when bracing for a hit. I increased the fumbling slider from 45 to 53 to off set this trait. I was actually thinking of bringing it up to the 65-75 range for a more distinct effect.

However, I've always liked the concept of a lower tackling slider. You get more realistic gang tackling that you see on Sundays. I'd like to lower fumbles and tackling to what you have, but I'm concerned about the amount of fumbles due to the Cover the Ball trait being edited.

Thoughts?

Madden 18 CFM
San Francisco 49ers
Year 1 (2017): 4-1

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren82

OS Thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »