Home

Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Madden 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Madden 18 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #1361
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Madden 18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have been a rock guitarist since 1982. Still play with the same two guys in an original project since 1991. Self taught, pure play by ear musician. Also play drums and bass and can sing a little too. My son is a freaking ridiculous baseball player and drummer. Taking after papa. (I played hardball till age 38 and have been coaching baseball for many many years and still do today with my sons travel team and middle school team).

Very cool you play as well. What is your genre of music?

I am a progressive rock nut. Rush is my all time favorite band and had a monster influence on me....among others. Alex Lifeson was the reason I started playing guitar and writing music.

On another note....still tuning the All-Madden set so sit tight.
I do not mean to keep the thread off topic, but I saw you are a musician and most of all a RUSH fan! I have been playing drums since I was 5 years old. My dad is also drummer. And, as my username suggests, I do teach percussion (and history). I have played in all sorts of bands for years, jazz, rock, even country if the money is right. Anyway, my favorite band, well above all others, is RUSH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 12:45 AM   #1362
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

I grew up in and still occasionally play with an original metal band formed since childhood. As kids, we were introduced to music theory by some local, and very talented folk musicians. In our late teens, it was this value and structure that we applied into our own (very) Thrash Metal original material. So our first album was ab10 song thrash metal cut, of songs arranged much like and Everly Brothers or Cat Stevens song would be....never did make it to the second album (first was 1999) and we all got caught up in life stuff around 2002 ish.

Eventually, a few of us pulled towards punk rock. For many reason, one being I got tired of the physical toll of hammering 4x 12 bar metal songs. We branched into an interpretive cover band called Los Gringos Locos, in which we turned any song if any genre into a punk rock song. We also added a couple of amazing female vocalists to broaden what we could do. A lot of fun, never ever set out to get signed, or make money or anything (to this day, as a strong local draw, we usually just give our payment to the sound guy, or the bartender. Playing for free is so much more fun).
Eventually, we also recorded a 6 some E.P. With the old metal band called F.A.T.E. (five across the eyes), in a much more mature, and progressive structural environment. I'm very proud of it. And still occasionally play out with both acts here and there. But I'm 41 now with 4 kids and, well, you know....time flies.

I'll pm you a link to some of our stuff if you'd like.

As for the -cough- slider set....I'm really enjoying the 1.0, I'd be interested to hear the changes you are looking at if you feel like messaging.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-20-2018, 07:52 AM   #1363
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
(...) But I'm 41 now with 4 kids and, well, you know....time flies. (...)
Then I‘m definately not too old to play video games I‘m 35.

*Showing this to my girlfriend right now*
Her reaction: *shakes head*
Old 01-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #1364
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have been a rock guitarist since 1982. Still play with the same two guys in an original project since 1991. Self taught, pure play by ear musician. Also play drums and bass and can sing a little too. My son is a freaking ridiculous baseball player and drummer. Taking after papa. (I played hardball till age 38 and have been coaching baseball for many many years and still do today with my sons travel team and middle school team).

Very cool you play as well. What is your genre of music?

I am a progressive rock nut. Rush is my all time favorite band and had a monster influence on me....among others. Alex Lifeson was the reason I started playing guitar and writing music.

On another note....still tuning the All-Madden set so sit tight.
You heard that new band "Greta Van Fleet"? I would think you'd probably like them.

Related note: I'm excited to try out your AM sliders. Gonna give them a shot today!
Old 01-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #1365
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz_e
Then I‘m definately not too old to play video games I‘m 35.

*Showing this to my girlfriend right now*
Her reaction: *shakes head*
That's right your not. In fact, I find the entire notion of being "too old" to play vids archaic, and considerably so. This stems from two generations ago, when the the adults of the time had never seen anything like it, and considered it a toy.

These things are generational. Ill never stop playing games. Not to mention it's clearly more productive than sitting around watching TV or movies all day.

So...tell your GF that if that's the case, she is too old to use her phone for anything besides calling people. Every other function is a digital toy, something she certainly should have grown out of.....

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #1366
Rookie

Hey I am almost 60 and still love to play with the sliders that Armor gives us it puts you right in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2018, 12:30 AM   #1367
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey Armor the step to AM with your sliders has been huge for me. I find that the player ratings matter so much with these that I have to make sure I game plan for my strengths and weaknesses or things go bad in a hurry. The play calling and pre-snap adjustments are huge.

I play with Seattle and my o-line is terrible, Ifedi is a turnstile like he should be, so I have to be sure to check the matchups and make my line blocking adjustments and pick plays to get the ball out sooner rather than later. It's been difficult to put together drives or run the ball consistently, but so much fun and so realistic. Just to see I played a game with Pittsburgh and I had so much more time to throw, it was a major difference.

I now have to focus in the offseason to rebuild this awful o-line, they are completely neutering any offensive attack (like the real Seahawks).

While I'm having more fun than I've ever had with a football game (been playing since 93), I'm with you about next year, I shouldn't have had to wait until January for the game to be playable two years in a row. Would only consider buying after next season when all the patches are finalized and sticking with 18 until then.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #1368
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

A guys I've never played with your slider sets I wanted to know do I have to put in myself or do you have a gamertag I kan look up..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »