Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #1041
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrobes
Yea Ian having the same issue. It's just run run run. I also notice if I put the user pass coverage down they seem to throw more but it's to easy
I'm digging the more run CPU play calls. Nice change up from constant arena league passing all of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #1042
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
I'm digging the more run CPU play calls. Nice change up from constant arena league passing all of the time.
Same here. I see a good balance. Idk what everyone is talking about. I mean I did do trait edits, so maybe that may have something to do with it.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #1043
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevvloccindacut
alright thanks ill give it a try!
I'm doing this myself. Not to all 100's, yet, but I've made some modifications along these lines.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #1044
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I have a question, would you guys like me to make the cpu a little tougher or is everyone fine with the level of challenge currently? I want those who want me to make it a little more challenging to LIKE this comment. I'm looking for 10+ likes and I will make it a little harder. I'll give the post 30 mins to see what everyone thinks. If I do end up adjusting the sliders, it'll be done tonight and will be the final update to sliders. If not, I will leave the sliders as is. I'm giving you guys a chance to make your voices heard.

EDIT: Time is up. Sliders will stay where they're at.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-18-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #1045
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
So I wanted to share a little something with everyone, there's been chatter of using different gameplan / playbooks for the cpu to get more variety of plays. Well it sucks for those who only have 1 controller as 2 controllers is needed for that process. I was trying to find ways of doing it without needing that extra controller, there was no success. I did however find something else that is interesting. So there's always been general playbooks in Madden, such as: Run N Gun, West Coast, Balanced, Air Raid, Ect. This got me thinking, what if I matched each playbook to the appropriate teams. Assign West Coast to teams who have that playstyle, Ect . So I went into Coach Settings inside CFM, there you can edit schemes, thats where you find where you can assign playbooks. Unfortunately, you cannot assign downloaded or custom playbooks to teams, but you can assign the general playbooks I listed. So I tested a few games where I assigned those general playbooks to the appropriate teams. I went into the menu where you select your uniforms and playbooks, Ect. You cannot edit any of that for the team you are not controlling unless you used an other controller. So what I did is I created an other character inside my franchise, for example, I chose the Giants since I would be playing them as the Cowboys week 1. I now control Giants and Cowboys, so by simply clicking in the right stick you can switch between characters, so I changed to the Giants, went to coaches settings and then into schemes and assigned a Balance playbook to the giants just for testing, I then went into the menu to begin the game and saw the playbook was changed. I then backed out, changed to my Cowboys, then changed back immediately to the Giants went into start the game and checked if the playbook was still assigned to the Giants, it was! I then backed out and changed to Cowboys and this time I started the game. What a difference in play calling I saw. I saw the difference because I'm used to playing vs the giants twice a year every year, sometimes even three times. This got me thinking, "What if I look up each team's play style according to Profesional Journalists and assign these playbooks accordingly to each team". So I went and looked online, found a nice source and started assigning teams different offensive playbooks, decided I won't mess with defense, yet. So of course I had to create a character (Owner) for every team in order to set this up. I did not retire from the teams because if you do so you can never join that team again, unless you restart. After I was done assigning all the teams, I went and changed to different teams and started a few games, almost every game week 1. I played almost a full quarter in each game, if I had the ball I was punting right away to the cpu so they could have the ball so I could test this. I saw better play calling, qbs making more audibles at times (probably would see more with a higher clock run off) and also saw what looked like a variety of plays. I didn't see the same play twice, at least I didn't notice, but the best part of all was.. I saw each and every team playing the way they were supposed to. Atlanta looked like a spread, Matt Ryan was throwing about 90% of the plays, I saw maybe 4-5 running plays, Atlanta is primarily a passing team. When I was the Browns vs Pittsburgh I saw the Steelers with great balance, running to passing ratio was about 60% running and 40% passing, it was really close, I also saw Big Ben airing it out deep in the middle most passing plays. I think I may have found a little something that is pretty intriguing and I'm gonna continue to take a look at it, maybe an other hour or so and if it looks appealing I will go head and do this little "trick" for my cfm. Sorry for the long post.

Edit: My purpose for this test, is to see if I can get each and every team to play true to their playstyle and see a variety of plays. I would like them to reach into their playbook more . And yes this test was while using my QB Trait Edit Roster.
Bud... Would you recommend this? Can you do Formation Subs with the Generic playbooks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #1046
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Bud... Would you recommend this? Can you do Formation Subs with the Generic playbooks?
I don't believe you can do formation subs with generic playbooks.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #1047
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I have a question, would you guys like me to make the cpu a little tougher or is everyone fine with the level of challenge currently? I want those who want me to make it a little more challenging to LIKE this comment. I'm looking for 10+ likes and I will make it a little harder. I'll give the post 30 mins to see what everyone thinks. If I do end up adjusting the sliders, it'll be done tonight and will be the final update to sliders. If not, I will leave the sliders as is. I'm giving you guys a chance to make your voices heard.

I consider myself I pretty decent madden player when it comes to actually playing football not any cheesy stuff and I think it's pretty challenging and realistic sometimes it's close and sometimes I win decisively I don't think I've gotten completely destroyed yet but I'm still in the beginning stages of a full blown cfm

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-18-2017, 10:27 PM   #1048
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
I consider myself I pretty decent madden player when it comes to actually playing football not any cheesy stuff and I think it's pretty challenging and realistic sometimes it's close and sometimes I win decisively I don't think I've gotten completely destroyed yet but I'm still in the beginning stages of a full blown cfm

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree. I'm just giving everyone a chance to speak up. If I see more than 10 likes, that is enough for me to want to adjust a little but I do think it's pretty challenging where it's at now lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »