Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #1337
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
If you guys aren't liking Very Slow with All-Pro set, Fast plays very well with it.

I just started all madden with the jags and I’m only a quarter in but the very slow is looking pretty good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #1338
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
I just started all madden with the jags and I’m only a quarter in but the very slow is looking pretty good so far

I like it a lot with All-Madden, All-Pro I would probably recommend you guys using whatever game speed you like, only real reason I recommend, Very Slow for All-Pro is the animations are better.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #1339
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
So I have a question, how exactly is charters more challenging if he has user sliders higher than cpu sliders? Im curious. Explain that to me please.

Is it the game speed? He uses normal.
I'm not sure exactly why...I didn't play on normal speed though,I played on my usual slow speed,there's also talk going around that the passing sliders are reversed....so with your higher settings that would make the passing a bit to easy which I encountered.

As far as the running game goes,it was to easy to run with the combination of very slow and run blocking at 100.....again I'm not knocking your sliders as I am actually going between both sets right now as I didn't want to do my own this year.

I'm a slider "whore" really though....what I don't like about All Madden in general is the insane amount of qb sacks....which believe it or not I played a few games with Matt10's pro sliders,and seen better ai qb play....go figure that one out....lol

What I will probably do is use your set,and change the speed to slow and lower run blocking and look into the reversed pass coverage and reaction sliders,as I feel both sets offer what I'm looking for.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #1340
Banned

Quote:
I like it a lot with All-Madden, All-Pro I would probably recommend you guys using whatever game speed you like, only real reason I recommend, Very Slow for All-Pro is the animations are better.

Yeah I thought I liked all pro and I was too scared to play all madden lol but so far loving it

Old 09-21-2017, 05:34 PM   #1341
All Star

Flazko's Arena

When it comes to game speed, it can change the gameplay tremendously. It's a difference of reaction times and triggering animations. Pertaining to challenge, I've gone on record over the years saying, game speed makes more of a difference when it comes to being challenging on All-Pro. This is because the AI is not as smart as All-Madden so therefore it's better to use Normal or Fast for All-Pro so that the AI isn't slowed down, the reactions aren't slow enough for you to figure out what's happening. There is an issue that can happen with the Normal or Fast game speed, animations may trigger different and look awful at times. This also goes with what sliders are set at. Sliders also have an affect on triggering animations.

When it comes to All-Madden, you can afford to use slower game speeds because the AI is so smart that even on slower speeds, you will get good reactions out of the cpu. Not to mention, all-madden also seems to give the cpu a little speed boost.

So you really have to make a decision, do you like better animations or do you want more challenge? This question is way more important if you are an All-Pro fan.
If you want better animations, slow or very slow are great, normal can be alright at times. If you want challenge, normal or fast are best. If you are an all madden fan, the choice isn't as difficult, the AI will be smart no matter the game speed you choose but choosing a higher game speed on all-madden will seem to make it quite a bit harder. Ultimately, the choice is up to you guys, I only recommend certain game speeds because I feel they show best representation of what simulation football is.

I always recommend, slow or very slow for all-madden, the AI is already very smart so why not try and get good animations out of it.

On All-Pro, very slow looks beautiful but it isn't the most challenging, so therefore normal or fast are very good. I actually think Fast on all-pro can be pretty challenging.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-21-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #1342
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
When it comes to game speed, it can change the gameplay tremendously. It's a difference of reaction times and triggering animations. Pertaining to challenge, I've gone on record over the years saying, game speed makes more of a difference when it comes to being challenging on All-Pro. This is because the AI is not as smart as All-Madden so therefore it's better to use Normal or Fast for All-Pro so that the AI isn't slowed down, the reactions aren't slow enough for you to figure out what's happening. There is an issue that can happen with the Normal or Fast game speed, animations may trigger different and look awful at times. This also goes with what sliders are set at. Sliders also have an affect on triggering animations.

When it comes to All-Madden, you can afford to use slower game speeds because the AI is so smart that even on slower speeds, you will get good reactions out of the cpu. Not to mention, all-madden also seems to give the cpu a little speed boost.

So you really have to make a decision, do you like better animations or do you want more challenge? This question is way more important if you are an All-Pro fan.
If you want better animations, slow or very slow are great, normal can be alright at times. If you want challenge, normal or fast are best. If you are an all madden fan, the choice isn't as difficult, the AI will be smart no matter the game speed you choose but choosing a higher game speed on all-madden will seem to make it quite a hit harder. Ultimately, the choice is up to you guys, I only recommend certain game speeds because I feel they show best representation of what simulation football is.
I completely agree with what you are saying.What I will probably do is do a mashup of yours and Charters to get the desired results.

I used to do slider threads so I do know what I'm looking for as far as realism and challenge go,and I believe I can get what I need from the game between both of you guys.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #1343
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
I'm not sure exactly why...I didn't play on normal speed though,I played on my usual slow speed,there's also talk going around that the passing sliders are reversed....so with your higher settings that would make the passing a bit to easy which I encountered.

As far as the running game goes,it was to easy to run with the combination of very slow and run blocking at 100.....again I'm not knocking your sliders as I am actually going between both sets right now as I didn't want to do my own this year.

I'm a slider "whore" really though....what I don't like about All Madden in general is the insane amount of qb sacks....which believe it or not I played a few games with Matt10's pro sliders,and seen better ai qb play....go figure that one out....lol

What I will probably do is use your set,and change the speed to slow and lower run blocking and look into the reversed pass coverage and reaction sliders,as I feel both sets offer what I'm looking for.
I was just curious because I know my all-madden set has maxed sliders in some areas and his don't, I don't think anything is reversed this year. I'm perfectly ok with people preferring other slider sets. This is a community and everyone here does a great job in the forum. I was curious because, I've tested almost every number over the years so when I see numbers I can almost tell how that element of gameplay is, so when I see my set has matched sliders for user and cpu but an other person's set has higher sliders for the user than the cpu, it doesn't make sense to me why that person's set would be "more challenging". I thought, maybe it's because he is using Normal game speed which can make the game a little harder, especially on All Madden. I was just curious. I hope you find the right set for yourself. Thanks for giving mine a try.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #1344
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
I completely agree with what you are saying.What I will probably do is do a mashup of yours and Charters to get the desired results.

I used to do slider threads so I do know what I'm looking for as far as realism and challenge go,and I believe I can get what I need from the game between both of you guys.
Charter is the best at creating All-Madden sets. I will say it. Before I created sets I used to use Charter's. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »