Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings - Page 191 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #1521
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStats94
Some of these things may have already been addressed, but I am not going to look through almost 200 pages to check, so I apologize if any of this has already been covered. I'm having a few small issues when playing on your current All-Pro slider set.

First, I found that user QB accuracy was significantly worse than CPU accuracy. I do want the game to be challenging but realistic and fair at the same time. I set both at 30 but both QB's were too inaccurate. So I'm now going to try with both at 35. Secondly, there were also way too many sacks. 19 combined for both teams in two games. I admit this could be because I have a tendency to back up several yards after the snap, any insight on this? What is your experience with pass blocking so far? I'm afraid to raise pass blocking as that may allow for significantly more passing yards and higher completion percentage due to the extra time. Any thoughts on what might be a good balance between accuracy, pass blocking, and coverage effectiveness?

I also raised catching to 48, and am about to play my first game with that setting. There were WAY too any drops at 45. However, the run game and kicking is fantastic. No fumbles through three games at 50 though, so I'm going to lower fumbles to 45 and see what happens there. Great set of sliders overall, I find myself making only minor changes to your sliders. Thanks for all your time and hard work Flazko!
Let's take it step by step, Why did u set qb accuracy so low? I had it at 45 for a reason lol
Old 09-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #1522
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Let's take it step by step, Why did u set qb accuracy so low? I had it at 45 for a reason lol
I lowered it because at 45 I hardly saw any errant passes from Cousins all game. He completed a very high percentage of his passes. It felt cheesy because Wentz for me was throwing some errant passes, which I like, but Cousins wasn't. What would be the purpose of having the sliders different for user vs. CPU? Do they not work exactly the same, where 30 would be the same accuracy for both user and CPU?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #1523
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Appreciate it and I did hear a rumor there will be a patch Friday, exactly why I'm waiting. They wanted to wait until everyone got their copy of the game.
Yo thank you for posting the first real sliders for madden 18 online! Appreciate you putting the time into making these! Can't wait to put them to use! Cheers!!
Old 09-23-2017, 11:57 PM   #1524
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStats94
I lowered it because at 45 I hardly saw any errant passes from Cousins all game. He completed a very high percentage of his passes. It felt cheesy because Wentz for me was throwing some errant passes, which I like, but Cousins wasn't. What would be the purpose of having the sliders different for user vs. CPU? Do they not work exactly the same, where 30 would be the same accuracy for both user and CPU?
I put some user sliders lower because I try to even out a few things that we as humans are smarter than the AI system in Madden at.

You have to get pressure to cause errant passes, or "more" errant passes I should say. The way they programmed the game is, if the qb has no pressure they'll make a perfect pass 9/10 time. Adjusting the slider does have an affect but so does getting pressure. Originally I had the cpu qb accuracy at 40 but I wanted the cpu qb to be a tiny bit smarter and a tad bit more competitive to keep longer drives going.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #1525
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline515
Yo thank you for posting the first real sliders for madden 18 online! Appreciate you putting the time into making these! Can't wait to put them to use! Cheers!!
You're welcome!! Try a few games and adjust whatever you need to for you to enjoy the game. I don't ever expect my set to be perfect for everyone. Usually everyone has to adjust a few things to fit their preferences.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:59 PM   #1526
Pro

One thing I did for all madden is up qb accuracy for human to 30

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2017, 12:36 AM   #1527
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Week 1 is in the books. I’m using Flazko’s All-Madden Set, modified to fit my playing style. 10 min quarters/ 20 second playclock rundown. I took my time watching all of the replay animations and game extras so it still took me an hour and a half lol smh.

On the road, we pulled off a GW field goal to knock off Tennesse 23-20. It was one of the sloppiest games of Madden that I’ve ever played. Nothing to brag about in terms of stats as both QBs (Carr for me) played sub-par. I threw a few really bad balls and wound up with 3 INTs. Gross. Cooper had 6 catches for 103 yards and a TD, Crab had 4 catches for 60 yards. Both Lynch and Murray crossed the 60 yard mark. We (Raiders) sacked Mariotta 5 times, and the Titans D, while putting Carr (aka me) under constant duress, avoided being sacked at all. We’ve got a lot of work and clean up to do before our home opener against the Jets.

Flazko, you weren’t kidding. The Titans are no joke in Madden 18.

I’m not planning on making any user/ cpu slider changes to my modified Flazko AM set, but I am considering dropping the parity to 50, which Flazko uses; I had it at 60. Only other change I’m considering is possibly moving my quarter length up to 11 or 12 minutes. I will NOT go over 12 mins. I’m not planning on doing this however. Instead, I may just bump up the playclock to a 25 second round down from the standard 20 just to net a few extra plays in each game. Even that is just a slight consideration at this point. I’m fine with sacrificing plays and being a little short in the stat categories for more realistic game scores. I’m liking the game play, and I’m not going nuts this year trying to perfect gameplay. It’s pretty dang good right now.

Other notes: Global game speed at Very Slow is awesome. It’s not significantly different from Slow, so both should work fine with All-Madden. Only draw back is that the in game replays are jerky, especially replays of field goals. You can see the ball take several frame rates to go through the uprights. Again this only applies to replays, so I can live with it. The very slow game speed is so smooth and really provides the ultimate sim experience with all-Madden.

Madden 18 CFM
San Francisco 49ers
Year 1 (2017): 4-1

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren82

OS Thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

Last edited by Raider_Ren; 09-24-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:43 AM   #1528
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Oh and to reiterate, the passing sliders are not reversed. My week 1 game against the Titans proves this, along with the hours of CFM testing that I put in prior to. In fact, none of the sliders are reversed, and they all do what they’re supposed to this year. I’m definitely enjoying Madden 18.

Madden 18 CFM
San Francisco 49ers
Year 1 (2017): 4-1

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/raider_ren82

OS Thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »