Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 08-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #169
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrig13
I've found that there are roster edits that can fix these issues. The problem lies in the QB player traits. Within CFM, there is a 'forces passes' trait that does not exist in any other game mode for some reason. It's 'balanced' if I'm not mistaken.

The fix is a two step process. First, you have to edit the front end roster QBs sense pressure trait to Ideal, Paranoid, or Trigger Happy. Only the first 5 or 6 QBs should have Ideal. The rest should be Paranoid or Trigger Happy. Secondly, you have to enable 'throws ball away' for every QB and also move their QB style one slot right. Pocket Passer styles become Balanced, Balanced become Scramblers, and Scramblers remain the same.

Finally, if you plan to play in CFM, you have to edit out the 'balanced' force passes out of the rosters inside the CFM mode. This can be done thru the My Team->Rosters menu. Simply go thru every QB and make sure none of them have the 'balanced' forces passes trait. They should all be 'ideal' or 'conservative.' Thru testing, I've learned that there is no discernible difference between what would be considered 'balanced' and 'conservative.' So simply change every QB with 'balanced' forces passes to 'conservative'

All in all the process takes about a half hour, but I believe it's so worth it. It doesn't remove the statues completely but it significantly decreases them. Typically, I'll see about 1-2 per game and they don't always result in a sack. Once a defender gets close, the QB will try to scramble or throw the ball away with about a 50% success rate.

It's likely that Flazko didn't experience the statue issue because I'm assuming he's playing on All-Madden. For whatever reason, the statue QB almost never happens on All-Madden.
I'm using All-Pro, I just seriously haven't seen the issue. Thanks for helping and sharing tips for those who have been experiencing the problem.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 AM   #170
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Setting up mine and starting today.
Yeah I was honest with myself and redrafted. The last draft I cheated on, so doing one where I do not cheat at all.

On a side note, the CPU trade system has been heavily updated. Its very, very difficult to get good players through trade. Though still pretty easy to get picks, they just dont mean as much in trade.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #171
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah I was honest with myself and redrafted. The last draft I cheated on, so doing one where I do not cheat at all.

On a side note, the CPU trade system has been heavily updated. Its very, very difficult to get good players through trade. Though still pretty easy to get picks, they just dont mean as much in trade.
Who is your QB this year? And that's good to know, I very rarely do trades but I knew the system was flawed over the years. I still remember in Madden 11 trading Kevin Ogletree for Larry Fitzgerald lol
Old 08-29-2017, 09:07 AM   #172
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Who is your QB this year? And that's good to know, I very rarely do trades but I knew the system was flawed over the years. I still remember in Madden 11 trading Kevin Ogletree for Larry Fitzgerald lol
Probably Patrick Mahomes, I love a strong arm and he has 97 THP this year. Might also think of Deshaun Watson, that 84 speed. Game changer.

The only non rookie on the roster as of now is Jalen Ramsey, because, 86 overall 6'2 200lbs super corner at 22 years old? Yes please.

Trying to figure out the defense, I think I will go 3-4 and draft Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas and move both to OLB! Two 275lbs dudes with speed and redicilous strength off the edge? Yes please.

Now just need to figure out Dlineman. Sadly this year there is no true Nose Tackle rookies.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #173
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Is anyone else noticing that your d lineman never sub out? I mean I see LB's go out an in but unless the guy gets hurt your d line stays in the whole game with the settings on the first page
Old 08-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #174
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Is anyone else noticing that your d lineman never sub out? I mean I see LB's go out an in but unless the guy gets hurt your d line stays in the whole game with the settings on the first page
I have been getting a good rotation. Mind you I switch manually occassionally as well.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:19 PM   #175
Rookie

BoomBoxx07's Arena

Is there a good slider set for User vs User? Sorry if I missed it in a previous post/response or can the sliders for User vs CPU be used for User vs User?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #176
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Probably Patrick Mahomes, I love a strong arm and he has 97 THP this year. Might also think of Deshaun Watson, that 84 speed. Game changer.

The only non rookie on the roster as of now is Jalen Ramsey, because, 86 overall 6'2 200lbs super corner at 22 years old? Yes please.

Trying to figure out the defense, I think I will go 3-4 and draft Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas and move both to OLB! Two 275lbs dudes with speed and redicilous strength off the edge? Yes please.

Now just need to figure out Dlineman. Sadly this year there is no true Nose Tackle rookies.
I followed Mahomes in college. He's got potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »