Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #177
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

In connected franchise mode last year the running backs would only sub out after a really long run or only on 3rd down regardless of what the auto subs were on. However, play now would always play according to the auto subs. I noticed with your sliders in a play now game that the running backs did not except on 3rd down/after a really long run. I'm wondering will that possibly change when I try them in a CFM game?

Outside of that I played one play now game with the Panthers against the Bears and overall I enjoyed it, here are some of my concerns. Mike Glennon threw for over 400 yards against me and was deadly accurate. Now I'm assuming this kind of stuff could vary from game to game. I did have like 4 sacks with Charles Johnson (I think only 1-2 of them were user sacks), but outside of the sacks I did not pressure Glennon often. I'll assume the Panthers defense in the game isn't great but idk how true that is. My biggest concern is both teams getting 500+ yards per game. I'm trying to avoid QB's throwing 300+ yards every game and there not being 100+ rushing yards every game. So I guess my point is I'm wondering if people with a much larger sample size in games played have seen a large variance in scores/stats per game.

I know I'm sounding a bit nitpicky, I really don't mean to be. These seem like really good sliders and I've used yours before and am a fan. I'm really just wondering if I need to consider lowering quarter length or if some games just really vary in the amount of yards people are getting. I feel like the rushing would actually seem very realistic if they were subbing RBs much more often.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #178
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
In connected franchise mode last year the running backs would only sub out after a really long run or only on 3rd down regardless of what the auto subs were on. However, play now would always play according to the auto subs. I noticed with your sliders in a play now game that the running backs did not except on 3rd down/after a really long run. I'm wondering will that possibly change when I try them in a CFM game?

Outside of that I played one play now game with the Panthers against the Bears and overall I enjoyed it, here are some of my concerns. Mike Glennon threw for over 400 yards against me and was deadly accurate. Now I'm assuming this kind of stuff could vary from game to game. I did have like 4 sacks with Charles Johnson (I think only 1-2 of them were user sacks), but outside of the sacks I did not pressure Glennon often. I'll assume the Panthers defense in the game isn't great but idk how true that is. My biggest concern is both teams getting 500+ yards per game. I'm trying to avoid QB's throwing 300+ yards every game and there not being 100+ rushing yards every game. So I guess my point is I'm wondering if people with a much larger sample size in games played have seen a large variance in scores/stats per game.

I know I'm sounding a bit nitpicky, I really don't mean to be. These seem like really good sliders and I've used yours before and am a fan. I'm really just wondering if I need to consider lowering quarter length or if some games just really vary in the amount of yards people are getting. I feel like the rushing would actually seem very realistic if they were subbing RBs much more often.
First thought that came to my mind pertaining to huge yardage or high scores is lowering quarter length a little. As for RBs subbing in and out, I run the ball about 92% of the game so I personally see lots of RB rotation, I do also make manual RB subs by flicking the right stick to "Spell RB" but I haven't had to really manually sub so far in this game.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #179
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
First thought that came to my mind pertaining to huge yardage or high scores is lowering quarter length a little. As for RBs subbing in and out, I run the ball about 92% of the game so I personally see lots of RB rotation, I do also make manual RB subs by flicking the right stick to "Spell RB" but I haven't had to really manually sub so far in this game.
Yeah I'll probably try lowering the quarter length (15's longer than I've played in years past anyways) what do you think like 12 or 13 minutes?

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #180
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I'll probably try lowering the quarter length (15's longer than I've played in years past anyways) what do you think like 12 or 13 minutes?
My recommendations are always as this 12 minutes with 17 second runoff or 10 minutes with 20 second runoff. you still will get close to the number of plays as you see with 15 mins but I use 15 mins to get that realistic time of possession stat and try to also replicate number of plays as in real life
Old 08-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #181
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:

Im not sure the sacks is going to be fixed, it might get worse according to Rex's tweets about working pass rushing along with zones.

The game I played I held Manning to 294yds. But at a 78% clip and I sacked him 12 times. 12 sacks a game equals 172 for the season, a redicilous amount. That is 100 more then the record of 72 for the Bears.

I really hope they fix this, but Im not holding my breath.

Last edited by SteelD34KC; 08-29-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #182
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

Just about to set up my sliders can't wait to bring the eagles to a Super Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Football- Eagles
Old 08-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #183
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhannnn
Just about to set up my sliders can't wait to bring the eagles to a Super Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The moon got a ring before The eagles... How does that make u feel? I'm jk PhillyPhannnn, it's good to see you back in the thread 😉
Old 08-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #184
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Im not sure the sacks is going to be fixed, it might get worse according to Rex's tweets about working pass rushing along with zones.

The game I played I held Manning to 294yds. But at a 78% clip and I sacked him 12 times. 12 sacks a game equals 172 for the season, a redicilous amount. That is 100 more then the record of 72 for the Bears.

I really hope they fix this, but Im not holding my breath.
Wow, seriously? I haven't looked at twitter in a few days...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »