Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #1953
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Ok I have to go back to All Pro.

Just hammered through the first 10 games of the season, and several things stood out to me, that I just cant handle.

1. My tackles mean NOTHING. Literally there attributes mean nothing. In each of those 10 games my Tackles, one 91 overall Lewan and one 87 overall Conklin, both with high 80s or low 90s pass block. Both athletic. Were beaten in .01 seconds by sub 80 players. It didnt happen at the beginning of the game, but only in the 3rd and 4th qtr when I had a chance to get back in the game and was driving. One drive Taylor Lewan gave up 3 sacks in a row, to a 76 overall DE.

2. The interceptions by the CPU are superman like. Yes I definitly THREW alot of interceptions, half were definitly my fault. But the other half? Just mind reading, flash like reflexes. If I throw a perfectly timed pass, or lob it 10 yards over a guys head, it should not be picked off.

3. Run Blocking - This is for both teams. Attributes dont seem to matter, there were games I blew up and ran for 100+ yards, 4 to be exact. Never more then 4.1ypc, and averaged 3.2 ypc for the 10 games. The CPU was the same, other then a few big runs they were pretty stifled. I went up against a team with Kelechi Osemeli and Alex Mack in the middle, yet neither could get a good block, nor hold one all game.

4. Penalties - You CANNOT use the coach adjustments, unless its to move the slider to Conservative. Aggressive literally results in a penalty almost every, single down. I put it on aggressive pass rush one game and had 32 penalties for 160 yards on offsides alone.

So in conclusion I won 1 of those 10 games, going 1 and 9. And the loss's were almost completely due to the above reasons.

Im going to have to go back to All Pro and see whats what.

BTW Thanks alot for the hard work Flazko. The sliders are great.
All-Madden is very difficult to tune properly, it's just not realistic by any means. All-Madden is purely just for challenge lol you're not the only one seeing some of this. I do as well. Especially the penalties part.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:05 AM   #1954
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
If you move pass coverage that’s going to make the cpu man coverage tighter?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes. It'll help make it tighter.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #1955
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
All-Madden is very difficult to tune properly, it's just not realistic by any means. All-Madden is purely just for challenge lol you're not the only one seeing some of this. I do as well. Especially the penalties part.
Yeah which is why we all appreciate your work so much, we understand, well most of us do, how hard it is to get sliders going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #1956
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah which is why we all appreciate your work so much, we understand, well most of us do, how hard it is to get sliders going.
Thank you. Let me know how All-Pro goes. I'm trying Cpu coverage between 65-85. Try to just tune that a little more for a bit more challenge.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #1957
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
I’m definitely rolling with All-Madden, very slow game speed. I started my final test CFM a few days ago, in which I beat the Titans in the opener, 23-20. Since my sliders and settings are basically finalized and used in that test CFM, I may just roll with that as my first official Madden 18 NFL CFM. I’m using 10 minute/ 20 sec quarters. Quarter length is literally the last thing that I’m hesitant about. I actually got solid stats on both sides of the ball, from both teams. However, I’m considering going to 11 minute/ 20 sec quarters or 12 min/ 18 sec. If I bump up to 11 min, I’m gonna overcome my OCD and continue this CFM. If I decide to bump up to 12 mins, I may do one final restart. Another option that I’m considering is 10 min/ 25 seconds, and I will roll with my CFM in that case.

I will say, my gut has been 10 minute quarters with a 20-25 second playclock so I’m most likely going with that. Pros to that: 1. all stats are earned. If you want a 100 yard rusher, you have to game plan for that. Same thing in the passing game (I actually had 120 something yards with Coop and 50 something with Crab; I got away from the run game, which is why Lynch only had 41 yards - our team rushed for over 90 tho to Tennesse’s 114, which I liked). 2. Each possession is absolutely crucial while playing with 10 minute quarters. 3. You don’t wind up with basketball scores. Cons: the only main con is that you don’t hit that 120-130 play mark that you get in an actual NFL game. I actually wound up with 101 total plays in that Titans game and I was pleased with that. Side note: the time of possession was awesome. Tennessee actually held the ball longer than I did at 20 minutes and change to my 19 minutes and change. Sorry for the long winded post- I’ve accomplished my goal by basically talking myself into the 10 minute/ 20-25 second quarter length. I really think that’s the best way to go, at least for me.

Everything else is spot on at this point, and my sliders and settings are finalized. Even if this patch changes a few things, my All-Madden set won’t need much tweaking if any, as all of the values are pretty tight. In fact, I’m not planning on changing anything regardless.

It’s CFM time!!!!

Whats ur sliders
Old 09-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #1958
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I agree. I'm enjoying All-Madden, I'm just not feeling the penalties on All-Madden. I'm gonna try default penalties. All-Pro is pretty fair when it comes to gameplay and penalties. It really is the most realistic difficulty setting.

The only thing about raising cpu sliders high for All-Pro is creating wierd animations or suction blocking but if making the game more competitive is what is more important, I say go for it.

Did you try bumping the penalties down to maybe 45. Then trying coach adjustments?
Old 09-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #1959
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoGaming01
Whats ur sliders
I put out a separate thread with the sliders and settings that I'm using. Go check it out. Let me know if you have any questions.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 09-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #1960
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Has anyone else noticed the CPU with extremely short punts in All-Pro? I played a test game out last night with Dallas, and the Giants consistently punted around 30-35 yards to me. I have not come across this in All-Madden. If this is an issue, I may try bumping up Punt Power to 100 for All-Pro only.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »