Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #3081
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Just finished another overtime thriller. AP set, 12 minute quarters.
Dak was throwing all over me and I thought it was going to be over by halftime. By halftime he only had 2 incompletions and one was a pick 6 that kept me in it. The combination of him and Witten was killer.

As for the running game, it felt good. Take away a 73 yard td run, my starter averaged 4 ypc exactly.

Overall it was a fun game, was able to buckle down and only give up 10 in 2nd half/overtime to complete the comeback victory with my rookie qb. Was much more patient passing in this game and just took what I was given, which wasn't much. Still only had a 55% completion percentage, but no picks.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
My Blue Set, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 07:45 AM   #3082
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So was using your money set on AM difficulty, loved it. Only problem I had in the game I played was I had no running game, and by that I mean when I started the play I would see an open hole but the moment I gave the ball to my RB the defenders would break from their block and tackle me at the line of scrimmage

Maybe need to lower the reaction for them?
No it could be the speed parity. It happens a few games. If you use it at 50 you'll see better running by both CPU and User.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 AM   #3083
All Star

Flazko's Arena

So I have something I want to share with you guys, I was testing default penalties with 100% default All Pro sliders, I really think penalties somewhat still affect gameplay... I saw much better coverage, and better line play, nice tackling animations also. It's Something to look out for.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #3084
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I did have one single defensive encroachment call against me last night. First time I've seen that

Somewhere in Savannah, GA

Savannah, GA
Old 10-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #3085
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

Quote:
So I have something I want to share with you guys, I was testing default penalties with 100% default All Pro sliders, I really think penalties somewhat still affect gameplay... I saw much better coverage, and better line play, nice tackling animations also. It's Something to look out for.
This.

I was thinking the same thing last night... Maybe default everything and just qb trait adjustments and pre game training????

Savannah, GA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #3086
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Yeah some of the games I played, when the game didnt lock up on me, were your AM set with default penalties. Was pretty spot on.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #3087
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah some of the games I played, when the game didnt lock up on me, were your AM set with default penalties. Was pretty spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
This.

I was thinking the same thing last night... Maybe default everything and just qb trait adjustments and pre game training????

Yeah guys, I think there's something with penalties that affect gameplay
I remember back up until Madden 15 it was a lot more obvious. I thought maybe, it didn't effect things anymore but I'm starting to wonder. I tried an All-Pro game, 100% default sliders, default penalties, normal game speed.. It played very well, so I started adjusting certain Penalties one at a time, Id adjust then test, then go set it back to default and adjust an other penalty and you could see a bit of difference. What really stood out to me was adjusting defensive holding and defensive pass interference it seemed as if the coverage was a lot better, and trust me I'll notice because my defense (Cowboys) is pretty horrendous in the secondary. Then I tried false start and offensive holding and I can swear it looked like the line play was much better, it's a small sample size so I won't make any conclusions, but it's definitely something to look at. The only thing that will really blow is if penalties do effect gameplay, we'll have to go back to choosing either do we want to see realistic penalty calls or do we want to see better gameplay?

Last edited by Flazko; 10-11-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 AM   #3088
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

Quote:
Yeah guys, I think there's something with penalties that affect gameplay
I remember back up until Madden 15 it was a lot more obvious. I thought maybe, it didn't effect things anymore but I'm starting to wonder. I tried an All-Pro game, 100% default sliders, default penalties, normal game speed.. It played very well, so I started adjusting certain Penalties one at a time, Id adjust then test, then go set it back to default and adjust an other penalty and you could see a bit of difference. What really stood out to me was adjusting defensive holding and defensive pass interference it seemed as if the coverage was a lot better, and trust me I'll notice because my defense (Cowboys) is pretty horrendous in the secondary. Then I tried false start and offensive holding and I can swear it looked like the line play was much better, it's a small sample size so I won't make any conclusions, but it's definitely something to look at. The only thing that will really blow is if penalties do effect gameplay, we'll have to go back to choosing either do we want to see realistic penalty calls or do we want to see better gameplay?
Ok this is good info. Are you having ANY success with adjusting any of the penalties or are you thinking it's better to not touch them? I would definitely prefer proper and realistic gameplay as opposed to pulling my hair out and having realistic penalties...

Savannah, GA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »