Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #353
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Great comments and points by both of you, Flazko and Adembroski. I've got something that's working for me, that I may wind up rolling with - to the point where I may disconnect and not do the patch update. Josh's QB fix and redzone game planning have helped tremendously. I addition, I've gotten the sliders to minimize the defensive pass coverage deficiencies that came with this game upon initial release. My concern is that this patch drops in a couple of weeks, which may or may not fix a few issues, but creates more problems. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but this has happened repeatedly in the past. With these "user patches" that we've created here, the game doesn't play too bad.

Worse case scenario: EA dev's fix the broken parts of the game that they sold to us, but in turn break something else. Thus, we're now into that vicious cycle of waiting for the next patch. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
This may sound like a noob question.How do we disconnect? I have a wireless internet?
Old 09-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #354
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
This may sound like a noob question.How do we disconnect? I have a wireless internet?
Go into settings in the home screen of your PS4 or Xbox, prior to loading M18. From there you should see network settings so on and so forth.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #355
Just started!

What sliders do you use for gameplay raider ren? Also what does your stats look like particularly pass yards. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #356
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Would you observe just the reaction time slider and coverage slider and maybe the injury slider. I think that's it. I'm trying to he patient until patch because I know the defensive coverages will be adjusted greatly.... I just don't understand how the hell we pay $65 for an incomplete game... What about those kids or hard working people who don't have access to internet so they can't get these updates? I think it's bologna!
Just observation here, no data, more or less getting a feel so I can form a hypothesis.

Reaction time slider works correctly for play action and the running game. What it does in coverage is unclear. I have some evidence it's reversed expressly in regard to closing on a ball in the air, but the effect is subtle. That's where I'm starting. I'll test that over four games (2 at 90, 2 at 10... I've always felt weird **** starts happening at the extremes beyond these points, like they have a linear affect until the final ten then the curve hard) and see if I can prove myself wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-02-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #357
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Just observation here, no data, more or less getting a feel so I can form a hypothesis.

Reaction time slider works correctly for play action and the running game. What it does in coverage is unclear. I have some evidence it's reversed expressly in regard to closing on a ball in the air, but the effect is subtle. That's where I'm starting. I'll test that over four games and see if I can prove myself wrong.

Nice work. Keep me posted about your observations.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #358
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Great comments and points by both of you, Flazko and Adembroski. I've got something that's working for me, that I may wind up rolling with - to the point where I may disconnect and not do the patch update. Josh's QB fix and redzone game planning have helped tremendously. I addition, I've gotten the sliders to minimize the defensive pass coverage deficiencies that came with this game upon initial release. My concern is that this patch drops in a couple of weeks, which may or may not fix a few issues, but creates more problems. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but this has happened repeatedly in the past. With these "user patches" that we've created here, the game doesn't play too bad.

Worse case scenario: EA dev's fix the broken parts of the game that they sold to us, but in turn break something else. Thus, we're now into that vicious cycle of waiting for the next patch. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
Yeah what slider settings are your reaction time and coverage?

I use 100 reaction time and 75 coverage for both
Old 09-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #359
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Is there a "keep scores close" option in this year's game?
Old 09-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #360
Rookie

ramrod1987's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

Reaction time slider works correctly for play action and the running game. What it does in coverage is unclear. I have some evidence it's reversed expressly in regard to closing on a ball in the air, but the effect is subtle. That's where I'm starting. I'll test that over four games (2 at 90, 2 at 10... I've always felt weird **** starts happening at the extremes beyond these points, like they have a linear affect until the final ten then the curve hard) and see if I can prove myself wrong.

Let's us know, I'm interested in what you find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »