Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 09-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #393
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
Hmmmm maybe I can lower the slider to 30 or 40 and see what that does!
I'm feeling it at around 40. At 50, 'backers bail on play action too quickly, basically making it totally ineffective. Down to 10, and dogs will actually turn and chace a RB without the ball from behind.

This is something I'm really not done looking at. My big takeaway on that slider through four games is that it has a greater effect on the running game than the passing game, and a much greater effect on play passes than anything else.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #394
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey man,

For computer qb accuracy on all-pro, you should set it to 70. The computer gets much more aggressive throwing the ball downfeild. With human pass reaction at 100, human coverage at 54 and ints at 50 I'm getting a ton of ints and downfeild battles for the ball. Pass interfeirance and d holding are at 68. Imo it plays much better that way
Old 09-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #395
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnell9
Hey man,

For computer qb accuracy on all-pro, you should set it to 70. The computer gets much more aggressive throwing the ball downfeild. With human pass reaction at 100, human coverage at 54 and ints at 50 I'm getting a ton of ints and downfeild battles for the ball. Pass interfeirance and d holding are at 68. Imo it plays much better that way
Most sim guys like to see errant passes, you won't see that with a slider higher than 50. But I personally will check it out and let you know what I think.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #396
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm feeling it at around 40. At 50, 'backers bail on play action too quickly, basically making it totally ineffective. Down to 10, and dogs will actually turn and chace a RB without the ball from behind.

This is something I'm really not done looking at. My big takeaway on that slider through four games is that it has a greater effect on the running game than the passing game, and a much greater effect on play passes than anything else.
If I slide it down to 40, where should coverage be??? I currently have it at 75. And this is for both user and cpu right?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #397
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Do with this what you will;

Normal Speed, 100 Parity
99 SPD, 99 ACC = 4.12 40 yard dash
50 SPD, 50 ACC = 5.70 40 yard dash

Slow Speed, 100 Parity
99 SPD, 99 ACC = 4.32 40 yard dash
50 SPD, 50 ACC = 5.90 40 yard dash

So one's a tad too fast, one's a tad too slow. The split between them is about right at 100 parity though. Slowest combine numbers tend in the low 5s to 6, and the lowest speed in the game is 50, lowest acceleration is 57 (I'm figuring that 6.00 40 guy doesn't actually have an in-game equivilant, so I rounded acceleration down to the nearest 10).

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-04-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #398
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
If I slide it down to 40, where should coverage be??? I currently have it at 75. And this is for both user and cpu right?
75 is reasonable, it's felt good to me. Keeps coverage tight without allowing everyone to be perfect and avoids the high coverage false reactions.

Throw in INT at about 30 and QBA at about 30-40, and the passing game has felt pretty tight if a tad on the over-powered side. WRC is a tougher one... put it too low, the elites don't make elite plays. Too high, and everyone's elite. Low 40s seems like it'll be the right area, but I'm haven't looked at it real closely yet.

-Mark Twain.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #399
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
75 is reasonable, it's felt good to me. Keeps coverage tight without allowing everyone to be perfect and avoids the high coverage false reactions.

Throw in INT at about 30 and QBA at about 30-40, and the passing game has felt pretty tight if a tad on the over-powered side. WRC is a tougher one... put it too low, the elites don't make elite plays. Too high, and everyone's elite. Low 40s seems like it'll be the right area, but I'm haven't looked at it real closely yet.
I'm gonna try this tomorrow. This is for both user and cpu correct?
Old 09-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #400
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
I'm gonna try this tomorrow. This is for both user and cpu correct?
To begin with, yes. More testing will be necessary to see precisely what needs to change between HUM and CPU sliders.

Personally, I'm sticking with this until the patch drops, then I'm going to see what Flazko and other slider guys come up with.

The idea of a difference between human and cpu sliders is because the CPU doesn't really have eyes or a mind. It can't do the kind of critical thinking we can, so all of its decisions are analytical, robotic, somewhat randomized; in a word, stochastic. Because the CPU can't break down the same level of complexity we can, we lower coverage or increase their run blocking so that those particular areas of the CPU game end up equal to ours. The downside is it dilutes the ratings and sorta punishes good players for being on user teams.

So, coverage is likely to change for the CPU in the long run, but right now I'm gonna leave it and see how it feels.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »