Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #4041
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
So you think play now and cfm play the same too?

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Operation Sports mobile app
I think practice and play now play the exact same and cfm plays a little different for a few games but then the sliders kick in. I don't think sliders kick into CFM right away, especially if you constantly change them. That's my thinking the past couple maddens. Who really knows though. There's no proof of either side, no definitive proof of Either believing they all play different from each other or my thinking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #4042
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I think practice has been playing exactly the same as my cfm. I haven't really made too many adjustments to the sliders recently though so maybe that helps.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #4043
All Star

Flazko's Arena

There's a bit of people who believe practice and play now and cfm play different from each other but there's no actual proof if it's true or not. You really just have to use your best judgment on what you see and feel. Neither side can call each other wrong.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #4044
Pro

Ive never played play now enough to notice anything special or different and in practice I usually do random vs random play so I cant tell

Old 10-28-2017, 12:09 PM   #4045
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Ive never played play now enough to notice anything special or different and in practice I usually do random vs random play so I cant tell

I personally don't think there's much or any difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #4046
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I personally don't think there's much or any difference.
Ill trust your judgement considering how much youve tested everything lol. Good to know I can test in play now

Old 10-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #4047
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Ill trust your judgement considering how much youve tested everything lol. Good to know I can test in play now

Next time you play in your cfm or play now or whatever, observe everything yourself and see what you think. See if your team behaves the same way, drops the same amount of passes, makes as many errant passes, Ect.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #4048
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I think practice and play now play the exact same and cfm plays a little different for a few games but then the sliders kick in. I don't think sliders kick into CFM right away, especially if you constantly change them. That's my thinking the past couple maddens. Who really knows though. There's no proof of either side, no definitive proof of Either believing they all play different from each other or my thinking.
One big difference this year. Go into your CFM and make any kind of change (roster, slider, whatever...heck, go into the autosub screen and just hit the confirm button). What happens? Well, the CFM will autosave...but, watch for a second....you'll notice your profile saves too.

In previous years, you wouldn't get the profile save within CFM until you had gone into a CFM game and then played it or exited out. I noted that games played without that CFM profile save in past years had way more warping and graphical artifacts. I can't definitively state or prove that this had a major effect on the gameplay, but it was interesting for sure (note also that every time you start the game, the game triggers a profile save in the main menu, essentially overwriting past profile saves done from within CFM).

With the profiles pretty much saving within CFM before starting each game this year (as long as you do something), I think we're seeing a lot more consistency with respect to the CFM sliders 'kicking-in'.

That's my theory anyways...nothing that can really be proven, but it is a definite difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »