Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #4625
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
My view after this patch: no major slider changes are needed as a direct result of the patch itself. All-Pro doesn't need any adjusting at all IMO. Game play is great. I haven't had a chance to play around with All-Madden since the patch dropped, but from what I've read, minor changes at most may be necessary.

If anyone is having a problem with too many CPU QB fumbles when scrambling, simply raise the value of the fumble slider to compensate as needed. I haven't had an issue yet.
All-Pro is fine. I noticed for All-Madden, running the ball for the user is a little easier since cpu doesn't block shed as quickly. I also noticed cpu defenses being much better at breaking on the ball. They aren't right on your WR immediately. Feels more realistic now. I like the update. Remember when people were complaining about statue qbs? Now qbs are moving more and scramble for yards instead of standing still but people are complaining about fumbles now. I personally like that qbs are moving better and scrambling. That's the risk a qb takes scrambling. Qbs need to slide before taking a hit to avoid fumbling. I would simply suggest raising fumble slider but I think everyone should be happy there's no more statue qb..

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7ab...zbvDW/200w.gif
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #4626
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
All-Pro is fine. I noticed for All-Madden, running the ball for the user is a little easier since cpu doesn't block shed as quickly. I also noticed cpu defenses being much better at breaking on the ball. They aren't right on your WR immediately. Feels more realistic now. I like the update. Remember when people were complaining about statue qbs? Now qbs are moving more and scramble for yards instead of standing still but people are complaining about fumbles now. I personally like that qbs are moving better and scrambling. That's the risk a qb takes scrambling. Qbs need to slide before taking a hit to avoid fumbling. I would simply suggest raising fumble slider but I think everyone should be happy there's no more statue qb..

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7ab...zbvDW/200w.gif
Yes this is way better than the statue QB. I'll take this all-day over that. If anything, this patch simply enhanced gameplay. I'm liking it.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #4627
All Star

Flazko's Arena

What I ment by "cpu defenses being much better at breaking on the ball" is that they're actually a little slower at reacting. I don't want to confuse anyone. Before the patch, cpu defenders were immediately on your WRs. It's as if they knew where the ball was going before it was thrown, now the cpu is reacting more realistically. They aren't as quick to smother your WR before you throw it. The Cpu would jump your route to intercept it 8/10 times. Now it's more like 5/10 times (50% chance) , as it should be. That's what it appears to me, anyways. The cpu jumping your route for an INT, was one of the issues I personally had with All-Madden.. Yes it happens in real life , but not as frequent as it was happening in the game, It felt cheesy, which made me a better passer because I practiced getting down the timing. So I guess it was a good thing while it lasted. Lol

Last edited by Flazko; 11-21-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #4628
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
What I ment by "cpu defenses being much better at breaking on the ball" is that they're actually a little slower at reacting. I don't want to confuse anyone. Before the patch, cpu defenders were immediately on your WRs. It's as if they knew where the ball was going before it was thrown, now the cpu is reacting more realistically. They aren't as quick to smother your WR before you throw it. The Cpu would jump your route to intercept it 8/10 times. Now it's more like 5/10 times (50% chance) , as it should be. That's what it appears to me, anyways. The cpu jumping your route for an INT, was one of the issues I personally had with All-Madden.. Yes it happens in real life , but not as frequent as it was happening in the game, It felt cheesy, which made me a better passer because I practiced getting down the timing. So I guess it was a good thing while it lasted. Lol
The change that made "break on ball" reactions slower was universal, correct?

In my 2 games post-patch I noticed it was much easier to throw against the CPU defense in All-Madden Simulation style. Defenders are definitely reacting more realistically (more slowly)... this is making me think I need to increase CPU Pass Reaction and CPU Pass Coverage. I was using 25 for both of those sliders, I am thinking maybe now to jump it up to the 30-40 range? What do you think? It looks like you were using 20 on one of your All-Madden sets and using 40 on another?

Also... if that change was universal, doesnt that mean the CPU will have an easier time throwing? For Human Pass Reaction and Coverage I have been using 80 (like you do). But its weird I dont think I need to raise pass reaction and coverage for the Human sliders even though passing should now theoretically easier for the CPU QB... I was thinking of keeping it at 80. What do you think on that?

Its just weird how I feel passing is easier for my Human QB, but it doesnt seem easier on the CPU QB, but more testing is needed.

I noticed also now that CPU QB's actually scramble and throw on the run, I'm thinking of increasing CPU QB Accuracy from 10 to maybe 15... since the CPU QB's are throwing on the run more often, they are therefore throwing off-balance more often, and I feel CPU QB Accuracy could use a small boost to make them better at throwing off-balance. But I'm not sure... I dont want to create robo QB's.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #4629
Pro

Hey everyone in this thread!! What's going on! Haven't been able to follow this thread or play for about a month because as everyone here knows....life takes precedent over everything.

Anything new with the game? I don't have time to go back pages and read through it all.

Can someone please fill me in on what's going on so I can try and catch up?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #4630
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
Hey everyone in this thread!! What's going on! Haven't been able to follow this thread or play for about a month because as everyone here knows....life takes precedent over everything.

Anything new with the game? I don't have time to go back pages and read through it all.

Can someone please fill me in on what's going on so I can try and catch up?
All that's new is a title update dropped yesterday. Go back a page or two and I posted patch notes and a video explaining about the patch.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #4631
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Just played my first game post-patch, using the sliders that Flazko uses himself. I do only play 12 minute quarters though

Broncos (me) 27, Seahawks (CPU) 17. Rullsell Wilson ran wild! It was nice to see a QB actually take off in this game, finally! The only issue I had with this, and again this is just a 1 game sample, is that he ran right into some sacks as well. I'll list some statistical leaders below.

Paxton Lynch - 10/15, 141 yds with 2 td's and 1 int
Russell Wilson - 16/23, 214 yds with 1 td and 1 int, he also had 8 rushes for 71 tds and a td

CJ Anderson - 15 rushing attempts for 161 yds and td
Thomas Rawls - 16 rushing attempts for 51 yds

Demaryius Thomas - 5 grabs for 83 yds and a td
Jimmy Graham - 5 catches for 125 yds and a td

I won in total offense, 295 yds to 286. I also won the turnover battle 2-1.

There seem to be way too many sacks. Between Miller, Wolfe, and Ray I had 8 sacks. As I mentioned before, some of those were Wilson running right into one. They only sacked me twice.

Overall a pretty fun game. It was a little easy to run the ball, and I hope we can get this sack issue worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #4632
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Flazko, have you made any changes to the original post for your own personal set post patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »