Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings - Page 96 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #761
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrich629
Ok thanks brother! Go Redskins #HTTR!
No problem. #DC4L ✭

Last edited by Flazko; 09-13-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #762
Rookie

ramrod1987's Arena

I haven't been on this site for a couple days due to hurricane irma. What did i miss any really new slider updates?
Old 09-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #763
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrich629
Ok thanks brother! Go Redskins #HTTR!
How many human players should I allow in my CFM?
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #764
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod1987
I haven't been on this site for a couple days due to hurricane irma. What did i miss any really new slider updates?
Everything is updated on OP. Here's some things of importance you may have missed:

Post #1
9/8/17

Minor Update:

- Pass Blocking for both User and CPU increased from 25 to 35. Games may vary, tried to lower amount of Sacks slightly without taking away from the collapsing pocket feel. I tested between 25-40, I found 35 to be pleasing for what I want to see on the field. You may raise or lower if you please.

*Heard chatter of accelerate clock under 20 affecting cpu qbs from audibles or qb play overall, I did not see any evidence of this being true. Everything looked the same with accelerate clock under 20 seconds.

Edit: added an update to cpu qb, increased accuracy from 35 to 40.

Post #2
PLEASE READ! (About 9/8/17 Slider Update)

Ok guys, I noticed that most sacks were occurring because they were more so coverage sacks, the cpu had no where to throw it so he took the sack or didn't react fast enough.. So I didn't want to lower any defense sliders wht I did instead is higher pass blocking from 30 to 35 for both cpu and user and I highered qb accuracy a tad for cpu from 35 to 40. I noticed cpu qbs taking more chances downfield and not holding it for as long and taking a sack, I still saw over throws and under throws, which I want to see so that's great. I saw the cpu qb getting rid of the ball a little quicker. So I think I found a true balance that will bring decent coverage, nice pressure on the Qbs while trying not to get more than 10 sacks per team, and also saw qbs ratings show when it came to errant passes. This of course was tested with default EA Rosters, which means I didn't use a roster with edited traits or attributes for my testing. I will use a roster with edited traits for qbs for my regular play but not while testing sliders. The opening page has been updated. This is the last update I plan on so hopefully everything goes well but as always, if a patch is released and ruins anything I will possibly update sliders. Hope u all enjoy. I spent a large portion of my morning today trying to tune this because I know week 1 rosters are now available and everyone wants to start their cfm, including me.

Thanks everyone. Please create conversations, leave feedback, and chat about your games or issues amongst each other.

Edit: Just tested new slider update with a Roster I made involving the QB Trait Edits Trick and wow... Impressive gameplay so far ....

Post #3
So, pertaining to QB Trait edits, I've been testing different things. What I've tried was looking at Top Tier Qbs (Elite), Up and coming Qbs, Middle Class and Low Tier Qbs. I tried adjusting traits in a non biased manor, what I did was take a look at QB Style, there's scrambling, Balanced and Pocket, all self explanatory.. I made sure each qb was either Balanced, Scrambling or Pocket depending on Real Life.. I watch a lot of football, almost every game every week so I like to say I have a pretty good idea which is what. I then turned off Throw Ball Away except for those who are pocket passers, I only turned it off for those who were Balanced or Scramblers, my reason was because most qbs who are pocket passers are the Elite guys who know when to get rid of the ball out of bounds and live an other day, yes there are some Scramblers or Balanced guys who will throw the ball away to BUT when it comes to Balanced or Scramblers if you have Throw Ball Away ON, they won't scramble or move around like they're supposed to, they'll just throw the ball away, at least for those pocket passers who don't move around they can get rid of the ball and throw it away out of bounds, this was obviously to help see Scramblers do what they're supposed to and scramble and for Balanced guys they would either scramble or look downfield for someone open because they're Balanced (in the middle of being a pocket passer and scrambler). I then took a look at Sense Pressure and I think they're pretty spot on as is so I did not change that, then it came to force passes, I have tried putting everyone on Conservative so they look to make smarter plays BUT I tried setting IDEAL for Elite Qbs, Conservative for Middle Tier and Aggressive for Lower tier qbs, the results aren't bad at all. Comparing this to just setting Force Pass at Conservative for all qbs, I would say that I like setting each Force Pass based on the level of tier each qb is... I didn't mess with any other traits such as, Clutch or High Motor, Ect.

CONCLUSION:
So this is what I'm going to go with for my personal use:

QB STYLE will be adjusted for those I think need adjusting . I have a pretty good idea who's a pocket passer, scrambler and balanced between the two. Most qbs are pretty spot on already so I'll only adjust if I think its necessary.

THROW BALL AWAY will be edited for all qbs, I will put throw ball away OFF for those who are Balanced or Scrambler, it will stay ON for Pocket Passers.

SENSE PRESSURE will not be adjusted, it's all pretty spot on.

FORCE PASSES will be adjusted accordingly, Ideal will be set for Elite Qbs, Conservative will be set for ALL remaining qbs with a 67+ Overall , I do not like Aggressive because it will not bring out the other traits. It'll counteract the Balanced or Scramblers from Scrambling for extra yards because it will mean the QB wants to be more aggressive and take a risk of throwing a tightly covered pass instead of just taking the risk to scramble.

No other traits will be adjusted.

*Don't forget Qbs in Free Agency (67 and up overalls)

Here is also a link explaining each and every trait: http://www.muthead.com/forums/madden...d-why-they-are

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is I do my edits in main menu, when I'm in cfm I will make sure nothing has changed, I will also be checking at the end of the season to see if the cpu didn't spend XP changing qb traits, if so I will edit them back to where they were before the new season starts. I do use Every Four Weeks for XP Spending, so I may check every 4 weeks and make sure no trait has been changed but I highly doubt they'll have enough xp to change the Traits in a matter of a few weeks.

Post #4
Here's a link to my roster thread Edited QB Traits Roster for Xbox One (Madden 18)

Forgot to mention, I hope you didn't lose too much during the hurricane.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #765
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Everyone,

Update to OP on Sliders Section - I made two sections, one for User Sliders and one right under for CPU Sliders. I wanted to make it a little easier to read and not confusing to anyone. Just notifying so no one freaks out when you notice the change...

No more "User / CPU" format, it now looks like this:

USER SLIDERS

QB Accuracy: _
Pass Blocking: _
WR Catching: _

Run Blocking: _
Fumbles: _

Pass Reaction: _
Interceptions: _
Pass Coverage: _

Tackling: _

FG Power: _
FG Accuracy: _
Punt Power: _
Punt Accuracy: _
Kickoff Power: _

CPU SLIDERS

QB Accuracy: _
Pass Blocking: _
WR Catching: _

Run Blocking: _
Fumbles: _

Pass Reaction: _
Interceptions: _
Pass Coverage: _

Tackling: _

FG Power: _
FG Accuracy: _
Punt Power: _
Punt Accuracy: _
Kickoff Power: _

Last edited by Flazko; 09-13-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #766
Rookie

ramrod1987's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Everything is updated on OP. Here's some things of importance you may have missed:

Post #1
9/8/17

Minor Update:

- Pass Blocking for both User and CPU increased from 25 to 35. Games may vary, tried to lower amount of Sacks slightly without taking away from the collapsing pocket feel. I tested between 25-40, I found 35 to be pleasing for what I want to see on the field. You may raise or lower if you please.

*Heard chatter of accelerate clock under 20 affecting cpu qbs from audibles or qb play overall, I did not see any evidence of this being true. Everything looked the same with accelerate clock under 20 seconds.

Edit: added an update to cpu qb, increased accuracy from 35 to 40.

Post #2
PLEASE READ! (About 9/8/17 Slider Update)

Ok guys, I noticed that most sacks were occurring because they were more so coverage sacks, the cpu had no where to throw it so he took the sack or didn't react fast enough.. So I didn't want to lower any defense sliders wht I did instead is higher pass blocking from 30 to 35 for both cpu and user and I highered qb accuracy a tad for cpu from 35 to 40. I noticed cpu qbs taking more chances downfield and not holding it for as long and taking a sack, I still saw over throws and under throws, which I want to see so that's great. I saw the cpu qb getting rid of the ball a little quicker. So I think I found a true balance that will bring decent coverage, nice pressure on the Qbs while trying not to get more than 10 sacks per team, and also saw qbs ratings show when it came to errant passes. This of course was tested with default EA Rosters, which means I didn't use a roster with edited traits or attributes for my testing. I will use a roster with edited traits for qbs for my regular play but not while testing sliders. The opening page has been updated. This is the last update I plan on so hopefully everything goes well but as always, if a patch is released and ruins anything I will possibly update sliders. Hope u all enjoy. I spent a large portion of my morning today trying to tune this because I know week 1 rosters are now available and everyone wants to start their cfm, including me.

Thanks everyone. Please create conversations, leave feedback, and chat about your games or issues amongst each other.

Edit: Just tested new slider update with a Roster I made involving the QB Trait Edits Trick and wow... Impressive gameplay so far ....

Post #3
So, pertaining to QB Trait edits, I've been testing different things. What I've tried was looking at Top Tier Qbs (Elite), Up and coming Qbs, Middle Class and Low Tier Qbs. I tried adjusting traits in a non biased manor, what I did was take a look at QB Style, there's scrambling, Balanced and Pocket, all self explanatory.. I made sure each qb was either Balanced, Scrambling or Pocket depending on Real Life.. I watch a lot of football, almost every game every week so I like to say I have a pretty good idea which is what. I then turned off Throw Ball Away except for those who are pocket passers, I only turned it off for those who were Balanced or Scramblers, my reason was because most qbs who are pocket passers are the Elite guys who know when to get rid of the ball out of bounds and live an other day, yes there are some Scramblers or Balanced guys who will throw the ball away to BUT when it comes to Balanced or Scramblers if you have Throw Ball Away ON, they won't scramble or move around like they're supposed to, they'll just throw the ball away, at least for those pocket passers who don't move around they can get rid of the ball and throw it away out of bounds, this was obviously to help see Scramblers do what they're supposed to and scramble and for Balanced guys they would either scramble or look downfield for someone open because they're Balanced (in the middle of being a pocket passer and scrambler). I then took a look at Sense Pressure and I think they're pretty spot on as is so I did not change that, then it came to force passes, I have tried putting everyone on Conservative so they look to make smarter plays BUT I tried setting IDEAL for Elite Qbs, Conservative for Middle Tier and Aggressive for Lower tier qbs, the results aren't bad at all. Comparing this to just setting Force Pass at Conservative for all qbs, I would say that I like setting each Force Pass based on the level of tier each qb is... I didn't mess with any other traits such as, Clutch or High Motor, Ect.

CONCLUSION:
So this is what I'm going to go with for my personal use:

QB STYLE will be adjusted for those I think need adjusting . I have a pretty good idea who's a pocket passer, scrambler and balanced between the two. Most qbs are pretty spot on already so I'll only adjust if I think its necessary.

THROW BALL AWAY will be edited for all qbs, I will put throw ball away OFF for those who are Balanced or Scrambler, it will stay ON for Pocket Passers.

SENSE PRESSURE will not be adjusted, it's all pretty spot on.

FORCE PASSES will be adjusted accordingly, Ideal will be set for Elite Qbs, Conservative will be set for ALL remaining qbs with a 67+ Overall , I do not like Aggressive because it will not bring out the other traits. It'll counteract the Balanced or Scramblers from Scrambling for extra yards because it will mean the QB wants to be more aggressive and take a risk of throwing a tightly covered pass instead of just taking the risk to scramble.

No other traits will be adjusted.

*Don't forget Qbs in Free Agency (67 and up overalls)

Here is also a link explaining each and every trait: http://www.muthead.com/forums/madden...d-why-they-are

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is I do my edits in main menu, when I'm in cfm I will make sure nothing has changed, I will also be checking at the end of the season to see if the cpu didn't spend XP changing qb traits, if so I will edit them back to where they were before the new season starts. I do use Every Four Weeks for XP Spending, so I may check every 4 weeks and make sure no trait has been changed but I highly doubt they'll have enough xp to change the Traits in a matter of a few weeks.

Post #4
Here's a link to my roster thread Edited QB Traits Roster for Xbox One (Madden 18)

Forgot to mention, I hope you didn't lose too much during the hurricane.
Thanks. Lost a fence, power for 3 days, a mail box and trees but that's all, thanks.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #767
Rookie

TannerYoho's Arena

The only issue I'm having is drops. Drops drops drops drops. I'm having trouble stopping the cpu. Cam Newton just destroyed me. But to have recievers dropping so many passes (6) that are uncontested is super frustrating when the cpu seems to catch everything within 15 feet. Not hating just some feedback. I'm going to up my catching. Maybe lower the cpu a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #768
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerYoho
The only issue I'm having is drops. Drops drops drops drops. I'm having trouble stopping the cpu. Cam Newton just destroyed me. But to have recievers dropping so many passes (6) that are uncontested is super frustrating when the cpu seems to catch everything within 15 feet. Not hating just some feedback. I'm going to up my catching. Maybe lower the cpu a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Higher catching to 45.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »