Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #73
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandview2015
I play sim. Use whole playbook. If I want to burn Madden I can. I don't
Oh I do too Grand. There isn't more sim than playing Coach Mode where you just call the plays. Like I actually try to not do anything a team wouldnt really do.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
lets start a list of things rex has said would be in or working a certain way for madden 15, madden 16, madden 17, and madden 18..

and see how many were actually true lol...

dont believe anything he says regarding to offline sim gameplay.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Good point lmao. I kinda forgot that pretty much everything he says is false.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #75
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Coach Mode is different than playing. Just saw that
But I'm not influencing the gameplay at all with my Madden playing ability. Like with my rookie QB, if I played him I wouldn't throw into double coverage like he does all the time. I still am beating the Steelers which I don't believe should have very often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #76
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But I'm not influencing the gameplay at all with my Madden playing ability. Like with my rookie QB, if I played him I wouldn't throw into double coverage like he does all the time. I still am beating the Steelers which I don't believe should have very often.
i understand that...but you are relying on maddens sim engine then...nothing is based of user...its 100% sim.

example. if you take the jets on default rookie and coach mode vs patriots and then again on all madden. when user is playing you would expect to win on rookie and lose on all madden... right??.

i imagine if you do this in coach mode...the results wouldn't be much different...because based off sim engine...

p.s...browns have a ton of young talent this year, Steelers Seem to always have at least 2 let down games to teams believed worse on paper...

i wouldn't be shocked if browns split with Steelers this year.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Agree 100 percent, just you have to use other sliders for coach mode. You used to have more guys who did them
Old 08-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #78
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Agree 100 percent, just you have to use other sliders for coach mode. You used to have more guys who did them
Maybe I'll just do All Pro Default for Coach Mode. That worked before. I had changed to Armor and Sword's because I wasn't getting any penalties at All Pro default. Very frustrating.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #79
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

hey guys...i was doing some more testing...and in my franchise noticed i had something set that joshC has in his set that i was testing...

his qb autosub of 49/50. i didnt know it had been set while testing and when i changed it...qb play went too 💩💩💩

so try testing with the cpu playbook at run n gun and joshcs qb autosub setting

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #80
Rookie

Sorry for the delay getting back to you Schnaidt. I reset everything on Madden and even started a whole new franchise with your sliders.

Played the game vs SD and won 36-10. Rivers went down early and they never recovered, giving me great field position all game.

Felt very good, maybe not quite where it was that first time I played it, but much better than the span vs the Cowboys. Maybe just some CFM weirdness messed something up.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Runningbacks are still spot on.
2. CPU QB AI feels much improved. I got serious pressure on SD 6 times and only got 3 sacks. Even then, one of those sacks came on him rolling out towards a blitzing CB. The other 2 were statue sacks however. I have not tested the 49/50 setting, so hopefully that will help.
3. CPU Passing felt really good. I couldn't stop it consistently, but felt as if all the completions were pretty fair.
4. My man Trevor is still a tad too accurate. In fairness though, I did see a good number of misses, including a play where I tried to throw to Sanders in a tight window 25 yards down the field and the pass sailed right to the safety.
5. CPU Pass Defense felt awesome. Receivers were covered well and the pass rush surprised me at times.
6. Run blocking still feels too good for both sides. The second level is blocked too cleanly. Maybe 35 User 45 CPU?
7. I don't know how much control we can have for this with sliders, but punting felt poor for the CPU. The distance was fine, but the coverage coupled with the hand time let me get too many return yards.
8. Injuries felt great - I lost CJ for the day, SD lost Phillip for the day and their RT and MLB for a few weeks.
9. Fatigue might be too low now - Gordon never got subbed out and Burkhead (my backup) only played due to the CJ injury.
10. Not enough penalties. One of the ones I did get however was a very entertaining illegal block in the back called on my returner.
11. I get it is a low priority, but I am still interested in making 15min/20sec accel work. I think it will make the pacing feel more realistic near the end of halves

I am hoping with some adjustments we can contain the offense juggernaut that is the Denver Broncos. Thanks again for your hard work!

Any other stats from the game you are interested in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »