Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #801
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsG STyLes
Idk bro I wish I could help u I own a XB1x 😧

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Can u clear storage cache n it will synch up wit the cloud I'm if u can do that on the ps4 or if they use cloud services? P.s plz read everything b4 u do it I dnt want u to do something really bad u feel me 😧

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #802
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll start this post by saying again that these sliders play fantastic. Not trying to knock anyone elses slider sets, but this is hands down the best set (IMO) for a USER VS CPU franchise. I definitely think there are some areas where there could be some improvement but I think that's with anything involving sliders and a lot of it too may be attributed to the game itself just being buggy and not very good.

With that said I've got some feedback and a couple of questions:

Passing- Passing seems to be a bit streaky at times for the user. I definitely think that is more the design of the SIM mode in the game, but none the less it's weird. It seems like my quarterback (Matt Ryan - 90+ ovr) is either throwing 10 yards off the receiver resulting in misses or throwing straight on target. It's strange because it never seems to happen at the same time. It's never a bad throw here and there, they seem to come in huge strings together. I'm not sure what could fix this. Perhaps raising pass accuracy from 4 to 5? I'm just worried that then it will be too accurate.

Running - Feels great but I've noticed that speed backs can often easily get 5 to 6 ypc even while running up the middle. The bigger slower backs seem to get more realistic stats in YPC, but for some reason the AI just opens huge holes for the small agile backs.

AI Passing - This is my biggest concern. I've noticed that outside of Aaron Rodgers, the rest of the league is a bit lackluster while facing the user defense. I'll use a game against Tom Brady and the Patriots as a perfect example. I won this game 45 - 10 (my largest score differential victory for some reason). Tom Brady couldn't hit his receivers at all it seemed. When Brady did pass the ball, it was mostly behind the line of scrimmage to the running backs which often resulted in just 2 to 3 yards gained. It made for a pretty bad game in general, and a boring one despite how well my team did. It's tough to tell if this was an outlier or a general problem with the game. I can't say that it's the sliders because playing other teams it seemed that they were close and hard fought games.

I'd like to ask whether or not raising QB pass accuracy would effect the CPU passing too much. (Maybe 1 or 2 clicks?) I don't want them to become the ever dreaded "robo-quarterback", but it's strange that to me ratings don't seem to matter. Outside of Aaron Rodgers, it seemed like all the CPU quarterbacks were the same - played at the same level. Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Tannehill played the same as Drew Brees and Cam Newton. It just didn't feel right to me.

My first 5 games scores: (Teams faced and CPU QB comp. % in parenthesis)
24-21 W (Bears) (QB - 61% comp)
28-27 W (Packers missed XP after a Rodgers hail mary touchdown.. 72% comp)
21 - 17 W (Lions) (CPU QB - 64% comp)
14 - 17 L (Bills win) (CPU QB - 69% comp)
24 - 21 W (Dolphins) (CPU QB - 59 % comp
45 - 10 W (Patriots - Tom Brady 31% comp 61 yards (47 yards on one play))

I'm sitting at 5-1 heading toward a match-up with the NY Jets. The Jets are starting Bryce Petty at quarterback - and he's terrible.

My main questions :
1. Should I drop run blocking or raise tackling to slow the user RB YPC ?

2. Has anyone else experienced playcalling/play execution issues with just 1 or 2 teams? The Patriots game was just extremely strange. I double checked the playbooks and setups for the coaches and it's all correct.

3. Some games I am getting A LOT of pass rush pressure. Some games I get zero. Is this just how this years game is vs the CPU or should I mess with pass rush sliders?
Old 02-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #803
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
I'll start this post by saying again that these sliders play fantastic. Not trying to knock anyone elses slider sets, but this is hands down the best set (IMO) for a USER VS CPU franchise. I definitely think there are some areas where there could be some improvement but I think that's with anything involving sliders and a lot of it too may be attributed to the game itself just being buggy and not very good.

With that said I've got some feedback and a couple of questions:

Passing- Passing seems to be a bit streaky at times for the user. I definitely think that is more the design of the SIM mode in the game, but none the less it's weird. It seems like my quarterback (Matt Ryan - 90+ ovr) is either throwing 10 yards off the receiver resulting in misses or throwing straight on target. It's strange because it never seems to happen at the same time. It's never a bad throw here and there, they seem to come in huge strings together. I'm not sure what could fix this. Perhaps raising pass accuracy from 4 to 5? I'm just worried that then it will be too accurate.

Running - Feels great but I've noticed that speed backs can often easily get 5 to 6 ypc even while running up the middle. The bigger slower backs seem to get more realistic stats in YPC, but for some reason the AI just opens huge holes for the small agile backs.

AI Passing - This is my biggest concern. I've noticed that outside of Aaron Rodgers, the rest of the league is a bit lackluster while facing the user defense. I'll use a game against Tom Brady and the Patriots as a perfect example. I won this game 45 - 10 (my largest score differential victory for some reason). Tom Brady couldn't hit his receivers at all it seemed. When Brady did pass the ball, it was mostly behind the line of scrimmage to the running backs which often resulted in just 2 to 3 yards gained. It made for a pretty bad game in general, and a boring one despite how well my team did. It's tough to tell if this was an outlier or a general problem with the game. I can't say that it's the sliders because playing other teams it seemed that they were close and hard fought games.

I'd like to ask whether or not raising QB pass accuracy would effect the CPU passing too much. (Maybe 1 or 2 clicks?) I don't want them to become the ever dreaded "robo-quarterback", but it's strange that to me ratings don't seem to matter. Outside of Aaron Rodgers, it seemed like all the CPU quarterbacks were the same - played at the same level. Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Tannehill played the same as Drew Brees and Cam Newton. It just didn't feel right to me.

My first 5 games scores: (Teams faced and CPU QB comp. % in parenthesis)
24-21 W (Bears) (QB - 61% comp)
28-27 W (Packers missed XP after a Rodgers hail mary touchdown.. 72% comp)
21 - 17 W (Lions) (CPU QB - 64% comp)
14 - 17 L (Bills win) (CPU QB - 69% comp)
24 - 21 W (Dolphins) (CPU QB - 59 % comp
45 - 10 W (Patriots - Tom Brady 31% comp 61 yards (47 yards on one play))

I'm sitting at 5-1 heading toward a match-up with the NY Jets. The Jets are starting Bryce Petty at quarterback - and he's terrible.

My main questions :
1. Should I drop run blocking or raise tackling to slow the user RB YPC ?

2. Has anyone else experienced playcalling/play execution issues with just 1 or 2 teams? The Patriots game was just extremely strange. I double checked the playbooks and setups for the coaches and it's all correct.

3. Some games I am getting A LOT of pass rush pressure. Some games I get zero. Is this just how this years game is vs the CPU or should I mess with pass rush sliders?
Only thing I can say is do a profile delete n see if that fixes any wackiness..?? Gud luck 🙏💯

Old 02-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #804
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Idk bro I wish I could help u I own a XB1x 😧

It's tripping...Im re-entering everything now to see if it fixes it

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 02-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #805
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

Quote:
Only thing I can say is do a profile delete n see if that fixes any wackiness..?? Gud luck 🙏💯

I don't think it's the profile. The rest of the games have been great. The Patriots have been the only problem so far. Going to play a few more games and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #806
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

Streaming Falcons @ Jets week 8!

https://www.twitch.tv/illmaculate_0ne_
Old 02-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #807
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
I don't think it's the profile. The rest of the games have been great. The Patriots have been the only problem so far. Going to play a few more games and see.
How is animations tackling are they weird things happening players warpin or players suction tackling.... Also players stuck in animations if so a profile delete is needed if none of the above mayb it was one of those wacky madden games best person to answer that would be Schnaidt1s hit him up glad u havin fun wit these sliders 😝💯💪 gud luck

Old 02-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #808
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
Hey I think I lost the scheme updates...can you remind me of what you changed, was it only run heavy to run balanced??

~Koosa10:27~
i changed all run heavy to run balanced and a few run balanced to balanced.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »