Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 06:56 PM   #81
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
Sorry for the delay getting back to you Schnaidt. I reset everything on Madden and even started a whole new franchise with your sliders.

Played the game vs SD and won 36-10. Rivers went down early and they never recovered, giving me great field position all game.

Felt very good, maybe not quite where it was that first time I played it, but much better than the span vs the Cowboys. Maybe just some CFM weirdness messed something up.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Runningbacks are still spot on.
2. CPU QB AI feels much improved. I got serious pressure on SD 6 times and only got 3 sacks. Even then, one of those sacks came on him rolling out towards a blitzing CB. The other 2 were statue sacks however. I have not tested the 49/50 setting, so hopefully that will help.
3. CPU Passing felt really good. I couldn't stop it consistently, but felt as if all the completions were pretty fair.
4. My man Trevor is still a tad too accurate. In fairness though, I did see a good number of misses, including a play where I tried to throw to Sanders in a tight window 25 yards down the field and the pass sailed right to the safety.
5. CPU Pass Defense felt awesome. Receivers were covered well and the pass rush surprised me at times.
6. Run blocking still feels too good for both sides. The second level is blocked too cleanly. Maybe 35 User 45 CPU?
7. I don't know how much control we can have for this with sliders, but punting felt poor for the CPU. The distance was fine, but the coverage coupled with the hand time let me get too many return yards.
8. Injuries felt great - I lost CJ for the day, SD lost Phillip for the day and their RT and MLB for a few weeks.
9. Fatigue might be too low now - Gordon never got subbed out and Burkhead (my backup) only played due to the CJ injury.
10. Not enough penalties. One of the ones I did get however was a very entertaining illegal block in the back called on my returner.
11. I get it is a low priority, but I am still interested in making 15min/20sec accel work. I think it will make the pacing feel more realistic near the end of halves

I am hoping with some adjustments we can contain the offense juggernaut that is the Denver Broncos. Thanks again for your hard work!

Any other stats from the game you are interested in?
wow thank you for the great feedback. ill reply to a few things.

fatigue has been lowered to help alleviate the false start issue, which i don't recall you mentioning this go around. the auto subs i have been using have been getting my spell backs some carries and also on the field more but i could just be passing. did u have them set at 88/82?

lowering user run blocking could be an option absolutely...but id like to see your thoughts on rushing after like 3 games. user tackle slider affects user rush defense, so that could be raised to slow down cpu rush. (i try to leave as much cpu as possible at default)

were the statue sacks on rivers or his back up?? ive noticed cpu back ups suffer from it bad.

you could lower qb accuracy to 5 if you like...i couldn't hit a thing that low. if you do..make sure you import and change everything again.

penalties...i get a few a game, maybe 1 hold, or block in back...dpi...facemask..not much...i would like to see more too, however...penalties have a huge impact on gameplay...and raising them could throw things out of wack. so for now I'll focus on gameplay...then look into penalties.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 07:21 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
wow thank you for the great feedback. ill reply to a few things.
Not a problem, I owe you for the great sliders.

Quote:
fatigue has been lowered to help alleviate the false start issue, which i don't recall you mentioning this go around. the auto subs i have been using have been getting my spell backs some carries and also on the field more but i could just be passing. did u have them set at 88/82?
One false start per team, was great. I do have auto subs set, but I did not see subbing vs SD.

Quote:
lowering user run blocking could be an option absolutely...but id like to see your thoughts on rushing after like 3 games. user tackle slider affects user rush defense, so that could be raised to slow down cpu rush. (i try to leave as much cpu as possible at default)
I will report back after my next few games. Definitely understand wanting a bigger sample size. I actually found the tackle breaking ability of both backs to be spot on, so I think if the running issues persist blocking is the slider to look at.

Quote:
were the statue sacks on rivers or his back up?? ive noticed cpu back ups suffer from it bad.
One on Rivers (the play he got hurt) and two on the backup

Quote:
you could lower qb accuracy to 5 if you like...i couldn't hit a thing that low. if you do..make sure you import and change everything again.
I will give it a few more games to get a better idea. Maybe when I am in more high pressure situations I will throw some worse passes. Maybe there is a sweet spot around 7-8?

Hada great half against the Cowboys although I am winning again 20-12. My hope is I will lose this game in the second half as the Cowboys have looked great minus a blown coverage and a stupid pick.

CPU QB AI feels the best it has so far in this Madden. Dak had this awesome play where he avoided two defenders then ran forward for 10 yards, but also had a statue sack. Dak has also had a few plays where he rolled away from pressure to throw the ball. There might be a bit too much pressure coming from my end.

Trevor is having a little more trouble which is good. Only completing 55% of his passes. Probably still would lobby for lowering QB ACC though as the incompletions have been due to pressure and receivers dropping the ball after being slammed and I have been testing the Cowboys pretty deep.

Both lines are blocking linebackers too well I still think.

I am also seeing some subbing this game, which is great.

Overall, I think CPU Offense - User Defense would be great with some minor tweaks. User Offense - CPU Defense still feels unbalanced.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #83
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Not a problem, I owe you for the great sliders.

One false start per team, was great. I do have auto subs set, but I did not see subbing vs SD.

I will report back after my next few games. Definitely understand wanting a bigger sample size. I actually found the tackle breaking ability of both backs to be spot on, so I think if the running issues persist blocking is the slider to look at.

One on Rivers (the play he got hurt) and two on the backup

I will give it a few more games to get a better idea. Maybe when I am in more high pressure situations I will throw some worse passes. Maybe there is a sweet spot around 7-8?

Hada great half against the Cowboys although I am winning again 20-12. My hope is I will lose this game in the second half as the Cowboys have looked great minus a blown coverage and a stupid pick.

CPU QB AI feels the best it has so far in this Madden. Dak had this awesome play where he avoided two defenders then ran forward for 10 yards, but also had a statue sack. Dak has also had a few plays where he rolled away from pressure to throw the ball. There might be a bit too much pressure coming from my end.

Trevor is having a little more trouble which is good. Only completing 55% of his passes. Probably still would lobby for lowering QB ACC though as the incompletions have been due to pressure and receivers dropping the ball after being slammed and I have been testing the Cowboys pretty deep.

Both lines are blocking linebackers too well I still think.

I am also seeing some subbing this game, which is great.

Overall, I think CPU Offense - User Defense would be great with some minor tweaks. User Offense - CPU Defense still feels unbalanced.
awesome!! thank you again..

so you think the user defense is too strong and cpu defense is too weak?? just want to make sure I'm following.

boost reduce user defense, boost cpu defense??

edit: this would make sense because my buddy seems to score to easy from long methodical drives and stops cpu too much with a poor team.

quick thoughts.

lower user run blocking to 35.

increase user pass reaction an coverage to 15

reduce user pass block to 45.

just some quick ideas.

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 08-27-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
awesome!! thank you again..

so you think the user defense is too strong and cpu defense is too weak?? just want to make sure I'm following.

boost reduce user defense, boost cpu defense??

Nah, sorry for being unclear.

I think the balance between CPU Offense and User Defense is great. I think that the User Offense is much better than the CPU Defense.

Overall, I am pretty sure the following would help:
1. Lower User Run Block
2. Lower CPU Run Block
3. Lower User Pass Accuracy

I would watch (and I will in my games) the following:
1. Subbing on DL/HB (did not happen game 1, looking good game 2)
2. Raising Penalties (if we can work around the gameplay)
3. Raising CPU Pass Block
4. Raising User/CPU Pass Reaction or Pass Coverage coupled with Raising User/CPU Catching

Also, I think scores would look cleaner with 15 min/20 sec as it is less awkward to run down the clock with that even if the plays stay the same. Fatigue/Injuries may need adjusting.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #85
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

QB: 50/49 (from JoshC...huge find by him)

How do you get these numbers. i think the lowest i can go is 61. Only for QB...All the other sliders i change more .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #86
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
QB: 50/49 (from JoshC...huge find by him)

How do you get these numbers. i think the lowest i can go is 61. Only for QB...All the other sliders i change more .
Lower the 60 first then lower the 80 to 50

Old 08-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #87
Banned

Totally digging this game balance finding. QB still won't take off how they should, but my God backups play like backups. Ryan FitzPatrick is having a hard time against my defense and he is a back up for a reason so I love it. If they just fix little stuff oh boy.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #88
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Nah, sorry for being unclear.

I think the balance between CPU Offense and User Defense is great. I think that the User Offense is much better than the CPU Defense.

Overall, I am pretty sure the following would help:
1. Lower User Run Block
2. Lower CPU Run Block
3. Lower User Pass Accuracy

I would watch (and I will in my games) the following:
1. Subbing on DL/HB (did not happen game 1, looking good game 2)
2. Raising Penalties (if we can work around the gameplay)
3. Raising CPU Pass Block
4. Raising User/CPU Pass Reaction or Pass Coverage coupled with Raising User/CPU Catching

Also, I think scores would look cleaner with 15 min/20 sec as it is less awkward to run down the clock with that even if the plays stay the same. Fatigue/Injuries may need adjusting.
i am very very nervous about raising things on the cpu side. i wanna test their pass block at 55 more. remember...u have von miller an the leagues 2nd best defense.

im fine with lowering user qb accuracy and run blocking.

if you want to raise fatigue back up to 65 or 70 you can...but the false starts might show up again.

the other thing is...you dont wanna make tons of changes all at once because if you do and something is outta wack...you cant pin point it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »