Home

Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work?

This is a discussion on Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work?

My user CFM is on all madden and we have adjusted the reaction time and pass coverage sliders from 0 to 100 and haven't noticed any difference at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Re: Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice256
My user CFM is on all madden and we have adjusted the reaction time and pass coverage sliders from 0 to 100 and haven't noticed any difference at all.

Yes, but not to degrees that are easily noticeable. Shows up in ways that are tough to observe. All Madden at 1/1 for instance will still be orders of magnitude more difficult than All Pro at 99/99.

Subtle things like how a defender plays the ball in the air will be affected. It shows up over many games but can be tough to just "eyeball" in a few snaps or a single game. Since eyeballing is the method most people use to adjust sliders, you get stuff like this.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Great response. Thank you for pointing that out. I know in past maddens it was more noticeable to the eye.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Solofunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Yes, but not to degrees that are easily noticeable. Shows up in ways that are tough to observe. All Madden at 1/1 for instance will still be orders of magnitude more difficult than All Pro at 99/99.

Subtle things like how a defender plays the ball in the air will be affected. It shows up over many games but can be tough to just "eyeball" in a few snaps or a single game. Since eyeballing is the method most people use to adjust sliders, you get stuff like this.
Wait so a lower slider for pass coverage and PDRT means they perform better, not worse ?
Old 09-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solofunk
Wait so a lower slider for pass coverage and PDRT means they perform better, not worse ?
No, I was just pointing out the wide gap between All Pro & All Madden. In previous titles, a "souped up" All Pro defense was pretty similar to a nerfed All Madden defense, from what I saw.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Pass coverage and reaction time sliders definitely don't work as intended.

I'm testing on pro as the game feels better, just trying to make it more difficult. Went into practice, tested the same passing play over and over against the same man to man defense and the outcome didn't vary much whether pass coverage and/or reaction time was maxed out, minimized, or left on default. There may be subtle differences overall, but the results don't really change in terms of making it easier/harder to complete a pass. There were times where the defender would make a better play on the ball with the sliders minimized, but it wasn't consistent enough to even say the sliders may be reversed.

At a bit of a loss in terms of what to do to make the passing game harder for the user. I've already got QB accuracy and pass blocking at 10 and WR catching at 45 (any lower and it would be drops galore).
Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

From what I've seen and I will post this in youtube, the pass coverage slider affects the fakeout chance for the CB vs the WR, thus creating either more separation or less separation. You can see this by increasing or decreasing the Pass coverage slider to for Human.

Play as the Broncos with Talib (95 MCV) and Harris (94 MCV) or something around there. Let the CPU play as the Browns which has Britt (76 RTE) and Louis (70 RTE)

Choose "Skinny Posts" for the offense in the concept slants section for the offense. Choose Cover 1 Robber for the defense. Set Human Pass Coverage to default of 50 on All-Pro

You'll see your elite CBs pause when the WR makes their cut creating way too much separation. This happens about 30-50% of the time.

Set Human Pass Coverage to 75 on All-Pro

You'll see your elite CBs pause when the WR makes their cut creating way too much separation. This happens about 50 -75% of the time.

Now Set Human Pass Coverage to 25 on All-Pro

You'll see your elite CBs pause when the WR makes their cut creating way too much separation. This happens about 0% of the time.

Thus, proving the slider is reversed. I will make sure I create a youtube video for proof but I'm pretty frustrated having to jack with sliders when they can clearly see these sliders are reversed.

But I'm happy to know that I can know have better man coverage and possibly zone coverage if that slider has the same issues.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Redhawk05's Arena

so pass cov and reaction time sliders are reversed? Is that true? What other sliders are reversed? Why are they reversed? Did someone ask EA?

I am an admin for an all-madden all user CFM league, and we're having a heck of a time finding a good slider set for user and vs CPU (when schedules don't mesh) games.

RFFs we had too many sacks, and pass coverage was too wonky, and default all-madden settings at 50 made games completely unenjoyable. Sacks were too hard to come by, and pass coverage was too good.
Madden 16 SGC SIM League Minnesota Vikings
Madden 17 SGC SIM League Philadelphia Eagles
Madden 18 SGC SIM League Oakland Raiders
Madden 19 SGC SIM League Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »