Home

Penalties : Offside, D.Holding, DPI : Critical

This is a discussion on Penalties : Offside, D.Holding, DPI : Critical within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Penalties : Offside, D.Holding, DPI : Critical

I have yet to start a CFM this year because I'm still trying to get a slider set dialed in. I always start default with penalty adjustments as I feel it gives the game legit variety. This year has been a challenge due to the fact that penalties do some interesting things in this year's version. I guess there has always been debate about whether penalties impact gameplay. I've been a firm believer they definitely impact the way the game is played and this year is no different. Here are my observations and recommendations.

Offside - more than anything this seems to impact the pass rush. At 0, you will see less sacks and the running game becomes a challenge. It's almost as if the d-line plays run first. I've gotten some good results with line play with this slider at 0. However, the counter is the mentioned run game difficulties. And I'm still testing this but when False Start is higher than Offsides it tends to impact the playcalling. Still testing.

D.Holding - this slider has a huge impact on how the DB's play the ball. At 95, the defense is all about the pass breakup. Also, combined with 0 offside the DB coverage is much tighter. You have to throw a bad ball right to the defense to throw a pick. That is unless you combine it with DPI at 95.

DPI - If you leave this at 50 the pass defense plays pretty well. If you can get pressure on the QB you will see errant throws and pass breakups. If you have this at 95 and leave D.Holding at 50 the db's play much more aggressive and are all about the int's.

I'm still testing these sliders but Offside (0), D.Holding (95), and DPI (50) is my base right now. I'd be interested to see what others see with this. BTW, I've been playing on All-Madden this year so I have no idea how this would go in AP. I played on AP last year but you can compete in AM with these adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Penalties : Offside, D.Holding, DPI : Critical

Sorry guys, wrong forum. Please move to slider forum.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I have yet to start a CFM this year because I'm still trying to get a slider set dialed in. I always start default with penalty adjustments as I feel it gives the game legit variety. This year has been a challenge due to the fact that penalties do some interesting things in this year's version. I guess there has always been debate about whether penalties impact gameplay. I've been a firm believer they definitely impact the way the game is played and this year is no different. Here are my observations and recommendations.

Offside - more than anything this seems to impact the pass rush. At 0, you will see less sacks and the running game becomes a challenge. It's almost as if the d-line plays run first. I've gotten some good results with line play with this slider at 0. However, the counter is the mentioned run game difficulties. And I'm still testing this but when False Start is higher than Offsides it tends to impact the playcalling. Still testing.

D.Holding - this slider has a huge impact on how the DB's play the ball. At 95, the defense is all about the pass breakup. Also, combined with 0 offside the DB coverage is much tighter. You have to throw a bad ball right to the defense to throw a pick. That is unless you combine it with DPI at 95.

DPI - If you leave this at 50 the pass defense plays pretty well. If you can get pressure on the QB you will see errant throws and pass breakups. If you have this at 95 and leave D.Holding at 50 the db's play much more aggressive and are all about the int's.

I'm still testing these sliders but Offside (0), D.Holding (95), and DPI (50) is my base right now. I'd be interested to see what others see with this. BTW, I've been playing on All-Madden this year so I have no idea how this would go in AP. I played on AP last year but you can compete in AM with these adjustments.
I'm in agreement with you 100%. Penalty sliders defiantly a slider modifier on how the game plays. I think it may have more of an affect than the actual sliders themselves. I can help you test some.

Playing:
Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been testing traits as well. CPU Carr: 99 awar Traits - Trigger Happy : Force Pass: Ideal

https://youtu.be/0Ksr9h73HjI

Playing:
Old 09-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #5
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Any videos or data or anything objective to illustrate the difference?

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

As a user, I have to say that I am sick of false starts, neutral zone infractions, and offsides.

I just exited a game because there were 5 of these halfway through the 1st quarter. I've tried 3 or 4 slider sets and this has been an issue in all of them. I would rather have none than have too many of them. Id set them to 0 but, of course for some inexplicable reason, it would affect gameplay.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-18-2017, 02:57 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
As a user, I have to say that I am sick of false starts, neutral zone infractions, and offsides.

I just exited a game because there were 5 of these halfway through the 1st quarter. I've tried 3 or 4 slider sets and this has been an issue in all of them. I would rather have none than have too many of them. Id set them to 0 but, of course for some inexplicable reason, it would affect gameplay.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!
You may have fatigue too high and it's out of balance with the penalty sliders. I don't see this with it set at 55. 55 seems like the breaking point where it starts causing problems.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #8
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Def holding impacts "match distance." In other words it will tighten things up defensively because the defense will engage with the ball and the ball carrier alot quicker and if its set too high it leads to warping and some wonky animations. My experience is that main menu penalty sliders effect the gameplay the most. If you just set the cfm penalty sliders its not nearly the same effect.

The injury slider (cfm) effects pursuit especially of the pass rush and really flattens and spreads out the pocket when its set lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »