Guff's Sim Slider Set - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Guff's Sim Slider Set

This is a discussion on Guff's Sim Slider Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guff's Sim Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
I think that they are set now except i am still slowly creeping the WR catching down, but they work great here now, just dont want the opposing QB having +70
% completion and this lowering also helps keep scoring down.

As far as the backwards sliders, i have not experienced it mysef, however did see better results (CPU WRs getting open) with pass coverage at 1 as opposed to 0 for HUM
The pass reaction slider is not backwards. I tested this myself and see that Adembroski and other of the experts have confirmed the same.

Your sliders are legit. Nice work, and great explanations for everything.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:09 PM   #10
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

I may actually roll with your set. I like your concept.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #11
Pro

tyler28's Arena

I really enjoy this set. The set up works really well and gave me a really good and realistic challenge on all pro

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 AM   #12
Rookie

Glad you guys are enjoying them, recently just made a few minor tweaks, was noticing the completion % was still a little high and not enough defensive stops, so lowered the WR catching on both sides, LOVE what I'm seeing. i now am seeing that if the qb isn't placing balls well they are more susceptible to a drop and also when in tight coverage. Also I'm seeing DBs actually make more plays on the ball and big hits lead to more drops, didn't like seeing 80% of passes being caught when a defender immediately stonewalls the WR post catch.

Also raised the HUM ACC slightly, both QBs are still having slightly off throws in regards to placing the ball for a catch in run or an easy catch, some balls the WRs are having to dive for, and whats nice about lower WR catch is the lower tier WRs have trouble with those.

I also raised the CPU pass block slightly, was seeing way too many sacks on my side and i only rush 4 and my d line is SO-SO (Lions), but even with the raise, i played the packers whom of which every o line man had a pass block rating higher than 85 and I still got 4 sacks although they gave me a hell of a time, you won't win the first move very often against a line line that, and thats how it should be, but you'll get there just gotta stick with it and use the fact there is no offsides to abuse that jump the snap trigger.

Raised the CPU pass coverage one point to 65, theres quite a difference from 64 to 65, 64 i was just seeing too many wide open guys, at 65 I'm having to use my progressions. When judging this slider, its easy to say ok this is too hard when you throw a pick of take coverage sack, but you have to go back and watch the replay, everytime you simply missed an open guy, albeit the window was small.

All in all i am loving the game play with these sliders, you know you got a good slider set when you are happy as hell at a loss because it was such a realistic game and not some CPU cheesing.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:55 AM   #13
Rookie

I just played the best game of madden 18 yet. I think the change to SLOW game speed was tremendous. Im seeing animations that I have never seen before. And even zones are working better because the WR's are a little slower. Also the CPU QB scrambled 3 times for 54 yards!

Here are some stats from my game (CPU/USER):
Coywboys 10, Browns 26
QB's: 16/30 239 yards 1 TD 3 INT's - 18/27 189 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's
RB's: 16 carries 30 yards 0 TD's - 25 carries 116 yards 0 TD's
Sacks: 4 - 7
Old 08-31-2017, 06:47 AM   #14
Just started!

Thanks for your work. This looks promising. One question: Has anyone tried these with 15-minute quarters and a runoff of 15 seconds or so? I'm kind of a stickler for 15 minute quarters.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #15
Pro

tyler28's Arena

I had a ton of sacks on the cpu i bumped up both user and cpu pb and rb. I think the secondary plays great. I think cpu needs a boost to rb and pb on all pro. I put them back to default.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
I had a ton of sacks on the cpu i bumped up both user and cpu pb and rb. I think the secondary plays great. I think cpu needs a boost to rb and pb on all pro. I put them back to default.

I've been slowly increasing the CPU PB, have yet to find my upper limit there yet. As for HUM PB, I have a good pass blocking line and finished 1st then league w sacks allowed, if you stall in your progressions and hold the ball too long the pressure will be right there, and I like that.

As for run block, I find teams w a poor lines struggle to run the ball, however I have had a string of games w low CPU rush yards so this is subject to some minor tweaks, I'm happy w HUM rb, finished 2nd in league in rushing.

However I feel people can set this as a base and adjust to their liking from there, so please let me know how those changes worked out, thanks!

Last edited by guff; 08-31-2017 at 11:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »