Guff's Sim Slider Set - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Guff's Sim Slider Set

This is a discussion on Guff's Sim Slider Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Guff's Sim Slider Set

Man, I had to take a minute to write this. I hope I'm not jinxing it, 'cause I just tried your sliders and FINALLY saw the CPU QB not HOLDING the ball and throwing way downfield way too many times in a game.

I'm pretty OCD and very particular when it comes to stats being as close to realistic as possible (if you've downloaded my draft rosters the last few years it's kinda' obvious I'm a little OCD about things lol).

Anyway, I have always messed with sliders and can almost always find a good mix/balance to get realistic stats.

But, so far this year NOTHING I was trying was working. I could get MY stats to be fine and even the CPU yards per carry stats to be fine. The number of plays in a game too.

But, if you didn't up the CPU pass blocking there would be way too many sacks. If you took care of that, the CPU QB's average yards per attempt was way too high (should be in the 8ish yards per attempt or so).

When I saw your CPU QB Accuracy at 100 I thought "No way". But so far, at least through one game, the CPU QB ACTED more realistically.

I hope so bad this is real lol. I've managed to get a good realistic game in before trying these, but it's rare. The CPU yds per attempt is normally just so bad it makes it no fun. The constant sitting in the pocket was such a turnoff.

If this works like it did in my first game, I owe you a cold one, sir!

I definitely get your philosophy on getting stuffed several times but breaking off a few bigger runs gives you the yards per attempt you want, but I still may up the user run blocking a tad. In my first game Zeke averaged just 3.7 yds per carry vs the Giants. (not totally unrealistic).

May also drop the user QB accuracy (I was using 30 before trying yours). Dak just completed 82% with 10.4 yds per attempt.

P. Perkins destroyed me too. But, he had a 70 yard run. Without that, he averaged 4.5 yds per carry. May drop CPU run blocking just a tad.

But, man... props to you for figuring this out! So hopeful I continue to see the CPU QB acting more normal!

(P.S. Eli did complete 70%, and it was higher than that til the last drive where he clocked it and threw a couple hail mary's... but, that's OK... Dallas' D allows higher completion percentages. Main thing is Eli only averaged 6.3 yards per attempt. Plus, the Giants had "just" 3 sacks and I only had two!)

Last edited by htown5933; 09-04-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #18
Pro

Just an update after the 2nd game.

STILL LOOKS GOOD!

I may have went too far taking user accuracy to 30 as Dak was just 18 for 30 (60%) with a TD and two picks. But, AZ is the no fly zone lol. May go 35 to see how it does.

But, the most important thing (to me at least) was C. Palmer finished 25 of 36 (69%) for 268 yds (7.4 yds per attempt!) with 2 td's and a pick.

After a tight first half (AZ was up 14-10) I blew 'em out in the second half 28-0. So, it wasn't a "good game", but the stats were good.

I did have five sacks which I didn't like, but they had just two.

Took my run blocking to 12 and Zeke/McFadden had 155 yds on 35 carries (4.4 yds per attempt).

I think I went too far with CPU run blocking (took it down to 24 from 26 - gonna try 25 or go back to your recommended 26). D. Johnson and K. Williams only had 68 yards on 19 carries... but they did have to play from behind in the second half.

Man, THANKS AGAIN! So far so good with your sliders!
Old 09-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #19
Rookie

htown you seem to be getting good results with Guff's sliders, i too had the best results with Guff's. Only thing im hesitant about is the threshold being at 100. Do you keep that at 100 and if so do you see any problems with it being so high.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89
htown you seem to be getting good results with Guff's sliders, i too had the best results with Guff's. Only thing im hesitant about is the threshold being at 100. Do you keep that at 100 and if so do you see any problems with it being so high.
No, not really.

I'd been using it previously as high as 75 myself to try and cut down on big plays some.

In two games, I think I can remember maybe two or three "big plays". Really only ONE truly big play (over like say for example... sixty yards or so).

Much more like real life. If you're able to cut it down some and still keep running backs at 4.5ish yards per carry and QB yards per attempt under 8.5ish or 9 at the most on average (sure, there will be some games where that number is bigger, but it shouldn't be the norm) you should be OK.

I mean I HAVE seen a couple instances where I thought Zeke should've got through a hole and was caught from the side, but that's OK. Doesn't bother me when compared to the opposite.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:21 AM   #21
Pro

Well, two outta' three ain't bad lol.

First game played at home. Weird game. Up 17-7 at half. Feeling good.

Philly DESTROYED me in the second half. Big plays just like before using these sliders. Wentz hit 88.4% of his passes while averaging 12.0 ypa and Blount had 37yd and 74yd (!?) td runs. Terrible.

Actually exited the game with 8:45 left - they outscored me 31-0 in just over 21 minutes lol...smh.

Hopefully that's just one of those once in a while games. I also had a 45 yd td run and Agholor caught a 62 yd td pass.

Just ugly. Stuff that I was seeing in some games before trying these. Maybe I was just unfocused. Idk.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 02:42 AM   #22
Pro

I won't keep posting stats, but game 4 was much closer to 1 and 2.

The only thing I'm wishing was the CPU QB could miss a few more throws. I moved the CPU catch from 42 to 40 but didn't notice a difference. I don't want to see a ton more drops, and I don't know if I take the CPU accuracy down from 100 to say 90... if it'll 'cause him to start holding the ball again. I kinda' there's a way to get more missed throws without causing more sacks (had too many this last game).

If anyone using these has found a way to make the CPU QB miss a few more throws, please share.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:58 PM   #23
Rookie

Well I've attempted to reduce the number of sacks by slowly creeping up the CPU pass block, however it actually makes the statue sacks occur more frequently. Reason is because the CPU QB ignores the dump offs and waits for the deep routes, well after 5 seconds the dump off routes usually get covered up and the CPU QB does not throw into tight coverage.

Right now I'm testing out changing QB traits but have had no success thus far. Personally I don't like having to rely on changing CPU rosters for each game, as the CPU may constantly spend XP to correct your changes.

Next step is going to all-madden and tinkering w the sliders to produce a game that relies on ratings. I will keep the old set up as an ALL pro set when I finalize the all madden set. The all madden set will be dedicated toward the same goals as the previous set, realistic gameplay and proper stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
Well I've attempted to reduce the number of sacks by slowly creeping up the CPU pass block, however it actually makes the statue sacks occur more frequently. Reason is because the CPU QB ignores the dump offs and waits for the deep routes, well after 5 seconds the dump off routes usually get covered up and the CPU QB does not throw into tight coverage.

Right now I'm testing out changing QB traits but have had no success thus far. Personally I don't like having to rely on changing CPU rosters for each game, as the CPU may constantly spend XP to correct your changes.

Next step is going to all-madden and tinkering w the sliders to produce a game that relies on ratings. I will keep the old set up as an ALL pro set when I finalize the all madden set. The all madden set will be dedicated toward the same goals as the previous set, realistic gameplay and proper stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if you've tried playing since the patch today, but it's much better.

I'm not seeing near as many deep routes by the CPU and the QB isn't holding the ball as long.

I've made minimal adjustments to default and am having excellent games. I think I have the CPU pass blocking at 60 and my coverage at 60. Not positive. I can look later today and let you know exactly what changes I've made but both QB's have been in the mid 60's to low 70's completion percentage with 7-9 yards per attempt for the most part.

I think I have both user and CPU QB Accuracy at 35. I may have CPU WR Catching at 48, but I can't remember for sure.

I run a LOT of cover 3 when playing the CPU and it seems to work well with the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »