Home

0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation

This is a discussion on 0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 03:57 PM   #57
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Trying to clear this up with testing. We get this every year it seems like (tested this year again). They are not reversed:

By running the same routes Singleback 2TE set Miami pattern and defense 4:3 cover 2 over and over and adjust sliders from extremes you can see the effects of sliders. I tested against main coverage and zone with sliders at 0,50,100 while the other slider was set at 50. The CPU is generally very reliable on same target and distances play to play with only 20% varying from a script (those I disregarded) with 20 passes thrown.

Man coverage results:
Pass coverage--> Pass Reaction
Settting 0 /50 /100
Space on catch: 4yd/3yd/3yd--><1yd/ 3yd/5yd
Space on cut (out route): 7yd/5yd/5yd--> 5yd/5yd/5yd
Deflections: 1 /1 / 0 -->6 / 1/ 0
Sacks: 3 / 2 / 2 -->1 / 2 / 1

Subjective: Space on catch (i.e. screwing up the route was noticeably different when Pass coverage was adjusted (more of a buffer or lag). Speed of closure to the receiver with the ball in the air (not after catch) was noticeably different with adjustment of pass reaction.

Zone testing:
Same for all variables (less predictable passing) without any trends or even subjective findings. There were more sacks with higher pass coverage but settings by 2 sacks at 100 vs 0 but zone in general had an insane number of sacks (about 1/4 plays resulted in a sack) so I am not sure this is relevant.

Results:

To increase deflection and thus decrease completion percentages (but not necessarily interceptions) increase Pass reaction slider (NFL average 3-5 per game). To create more open receivers and potentially decrease sack chances a lower pass coverage slider might be better (opinion more than numbers) and to decrease completions and increase deflections you should increase Pass reaction (didn't cause any interceptions).

Zone appears to be responsible for most of the coverage sacks but I can't tell either subjectively or objectively how these two sliders effect Zone defense. It is entirely possible Zone is mandated by player statistics and the sliders only impact the coverage during man defense.

Since this seems relatively similar to prior years I am going to stick with my strategy of low pass coverage and high pass reaction to get realistic deflections and hopefully less coverage sacks. I will try in the future to test how pass coverage sliders effect sacks per game but that is very time consuming since it can't be labbed easily (i.e. you have to play an entire game so getting sample size is hard).
u are clearly testinf in practice mode...for the 100th time....play now an practice mode sliders so not play the same in cfm.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
u are clearly testinf in practice mode...for the 100th time....play now an practice mode sliders so not play the same in cfm.

I have been designing sliders since NCAA 12. I have seen this type of discussion every year. This is a nonsense statement that doesn't make sense from a programmer standpoint. You aren't going to design games where one mode operates completely differently.

I do agree you can't really get a complete set until CFM because homefield and other factors may give variation. However, sliders don't work differently.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:44 PM   #59
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I have been designing sliders since NCAA 12. I have seen this type of discussion every year. This is a nonsense statement that doesn't make sense from a programmer standpoint. You aren't going to design games where one mode operates completely differently.

I do agree you can't really get a complete set until CFM because homefield and other factors may give variation. However, sliders don't work differently.
i agree...you wouldnt design games like that...but ea isnt ur average game designer...they do everything 50%...

look what madden 18 gave us in jump from madden 17..

now look at what nba 2k18 is giving is in a jump from 17..

u cant look at what ea does or how they make their games from a logical. stand point.

if it doesnt make sense...well then it might just be exactly how something operates in any madden game.

im not bashing...or trying too...im just stating the truth. nothing makes sense with how madden works...and hasnt in quite some time.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Ok so some of us are extremely confused.

What should the pass coverage and pass reaction slider be for All-Pro difficulty in CFM? 0 / 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 ?
I wasn't telling anyone what to use that depends on your goals. Either slider can effect QB comp%, PDef, INT, and maybe sacks. Watch your game and see what is wonky. Example:

If there are too many deflections decrease Pass reaction
Too many coverage sacks decrease PASS Coverage
Too many yards after catch increase Pass reaction.

I currently am using QB acc 26 Pass Coverage 36 and Pass reaction 91. But in my last game it looked great and in 15 min QTR Aaron rogers threw for around 64% and 370 yd and had 3sacks. However there were 7 deflections. That's way too many there should be 3-5. I am going to decrease Pass reaction to 80 and see what happens. If PDef goes down QB Comp% will go up.

Also try to get drops 3-5 per game. This + PDef 3-5 gives 6-10 incomplete passes out of 40 passes per game. QB 70% now adjust QB ACC to get real passing

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 08-31-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:59 PM   #61
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0T...ature=youtu.be

This is how it was in our game when playing man in user vs user in cfm with 0 reaction and 100 man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #62
Pro

The video is interesting but maybe not showing what it thinks it is showing. The great coverage at the beginning is man press not straight man. The route effects I tested were against straight man when a CB back pedals it's effects are obvious. Similarly without a gap existing Pass reaction can be set to whatever you want because it does nothing in that case. This does suggest press gets better coverage and invalidates slider settings. I will test that and post here later tonight
Old 08-31-2017, 05:32 PM   #63
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
The video is interesting but maybe not showing what it thinks it is showing. The great coverage at the beginning is man press not straight man. The route effects I tested were against straight man when a CB back pedals it's effects are obvious. Similarly without a gap existing Pass reaction can be set to whatever you want because it does nothing in that case. This does suggest press gets better coverage and invalidates slider settings. I will test that and post here later tonight
Yes but when I was testing I was never pressing a receiver and called cover 1 hole or cover 2 with no press all game and had the same results. Now keep in mind these results offline or in practice mode did not mimic this the same as within online cfm. All I am saying is 90% of the coverage was played like this. I want to see if this is just the man coverage slider at 100 with reaction playing no part in this though. I want to test 100/100 to see if it's the same. And still test 25/75 - 50/100 - 50/75, etc...
Old 08-31-2017, 06:33 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon6 Re: 0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation

Update on my sliders...... Qba at 15 both user and cpu.....and the 0/0 concept pass coverage and pass reaction.....quarterback traits change force pass to conservative and throw away ball to off.....dis work in cfm and playnow live modes only..enjoy 100% realistic football...8 minutes quarter 25 acc clock

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »