Home

0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation

This is a discussion on 0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 06:56 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 0 pass reaction and 0 pass coverage on all pro simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I have been designing sliders since NCAA 12. I have seen this type of discussion every year. This is a nonsense statement that doesn't make sense from a programmer standpoint. You aren't going to design games where one mode operates completely differently.

I do agree you can't really get a complete set until CFM because homefield and other factors may give variation. However, sliders don't work differently.
Wait it's 2017 and we got people debating that sliders don't work differently in practice mode? In 2017? Let me get on outta here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 08:00 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I have been designing sliders since NCAA 12. I have seen this type of discussion every year. This is a nonsense statement that doesn't make sense from a programmer standpoint. You aren't going to design games where one mode operates completely differently.

I do agree you can't really get a complete set until CFM because homefield and other factors may give variation. However, sliders don't work differently.
It's not nonsense. CFM games are completely different from Play Now games. In fact, it would be a miracle if EA would just make them the same -- I, for one, would have no complaints with running CFM if it was the same. On Play Now, you can move your controller to the middle and the game will go into Spectator Mode, on CFM you can't. This actually creates another issue with the fact that Custom Playbooks & uniforms can't be assigned to any team other than your own for this very reason (hence the two-controller workaround which is tedious at best). Also, go ahead and try it, watch how the game's presentation plays out on Play Now in Spectator Mode and then watch how it plays out in CFM Spectator Mode, it's two different things. This is what is so frustrating about how this game is designed, we have to figure out how to manipulate the Play Now setup in order to further manipulate the CFM set up -- why is it not just the same damned thing??? Franchise Mode games should simply be Play Now 16 times a season -- this is why it seems at times as if EA is purposefully doing this stuff, because it makes so much more sense to have kept the same functionality across modes. Trust me, it would solve a lot of us Franchise guys' problems. I for one would be immensely grateful if we had the same functionality of Play Now in CFM.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0T...ature=youtu.be

This is how it was in our game when playing man in user vs user in cfm with 0 reaction and 100 man.
The video showed a Man press. After extensive testing with out routes and vertical routes I feel I can say that the press makes the sliders whether 0 or 100 have no discernible effect.

Interestingly you can only see what these sliders do in Man without a press. One of two things is true. Either these sliders work the way I have stated and it's just harder to test in press and zone. Alternatively, outside of generic Man these sliders don't really impact much of anything. The 2nd option may explain why non-lab users may feel these sliders are reversed etc.,. Because in CFM random play calling may actually make your settings pointless except for a few limited cases.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #68
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Interestingly though, Clint said in a video or tweet to test the game in CFM, not in play now. Almost insinuating that it plays different in CFM vs play now.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Interestingly though, Clint said in a video or tweet to test the game in CFM, not in play now. Almost insinuating that it plays different in CFM vs play now.
Except I got the same results he gets by mimicking the play calling from the video. Test it in CFM if you want press actually leads to airtight coverage for the first few yards regardless of sliders.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #70
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I played it in CFM and the Deb's respond very well. Just like in simballcritics vids.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I played it in CFM and the Deb's respond very well. Just like in simballcritics vids.
The point is that it is from press not the pass react sliders. You can see the same effect either at 0 or 100. So yes the DBs react just like in the video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 12:31 AM   #72
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I played with these settings to give them a try in play now. No, I did not use them in CFM.

I threw for 353 yards and 5 touchdowns, 0 picks in the FIRST HALF. using ONLY TARGET PASSING. Redskins (me) vs vikings..

This was my first time using target passing all game, I am 100% Convinced that the sliders are not reversed in play now. Never had a game like this in ~50 of m18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »