Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

This is a discussion on Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #9
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
The pass reaction slider is not reversed. I have seen no evidence of this, and I have see confirmation from others on this. I believe Adembroski is one that has confirmed this.

If you have a lower number with this slider, the defenders will react to the ball slower. If you have a higher number with this slider, the defenders will react more quickly to the ball.

Keep in mind, there are a ton of Madden urban legends and placebos out there that we all tend to get wrapped up in.
It's been reversed before. There are quite a few guys on this forum that pretty much all they do is test sliders to the point of where they aren't even enjoying the actual game because slider testing IS their enjoyment.

I trust their judgement.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #10
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's been reversed before. There are quite a few guys on this forum that pretty much all they do is test sliders to the point of where they aren't even enjoying the actual game because slider testing IS their enjoyment.

I trust their judgement.
I agree - there are some great gurus on here that do a tremendous job.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:55 PM   #11
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Last night in a user vs user game in cfm we tested pass reaction at 0 and man coverage at 100 on all madden. We just ran man to man. Coverage was so tight and CB's had knockouts and blanket coverage on almost every play. Only routes that got some separation were drags and a few out routes on lower rated corners. It was awesome but too unrealistic. So, I can confirm in user set and within cfm its like this.

As far as cfm offline I can't figure it out as it doesn't seem to play the same as the game we had on the same settings. But when I went into a online cloud cfm against the cpu it was once again way better... No consistency... We are going to test tonight 80 man coverage and 20 pass reaction to see if it's a bit more realistic...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-30-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
pass reaction has been reversed since madden 15...pass coverage...that 1 im still unsure on and am testing

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Pass reaction was not reversed in Madden 17 for user. No Way. I tested the following using simple man under defense with under shading (of course).

With user pass coverage set to 1 and CPU at default, I called a dagger concept. With user pass coverage set to 1, my cornerback did the "Fred Flintstone" feet slide as soon as the X receiver ran his incut for a wide open catch.

With user pass coverage set to 99, my cb nearly pattern matched receiver and cut just as receiver did.

As for Madden 18, did not buy so I cannot say.

Last edited by edgevoice; 08-30-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #13
Just started!

I have also been testing Pass Reaction. Started at 50 and each game that I increase it, I get more pass deflections on defense. So don't think it's reversed myself. I have heard and May have even witnessed as you decrease pass reaction the defense actually reacts to the run faster! Yikes
Old 08-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #14
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Pass reaction was not reversed in Madden 17 for user. No Way. I tested the following using simple man under defense with under shading (of course).

With user pass coverage set to 1 and CPU at default, I called a dagger concept. With user pass coverage set to 1, my cornerback did the "Fred Flintstone" feet slide as soon as the X receiver ran his incut for a wide open catch.

With user pass coverage set to 99, my cb nearly pattern matched receiver and cut just as receiver did.

As for Madden 18, did not buy so I cannot say.
so you tested it in practice mode??

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #15
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
so you tested it in practice mode??

I run a 32-man league and track detailed stats for every single User v User game. When the passing game was starting to get too high in M17, a raise in Pass D Reaction lowered completion rates and raised INTs. When I felt INTs were too high, I lowered PDRT and they dipped slightly. Amounts the naked eye couldn't ever observe in a game or two, talking about the difference between 58-59% league-wide completion rates and 61-62%.

So at least for User sliders in cloud CFMs, PDRT was not reversed in M17.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #16
Rookie

Meatball0311's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
What's up guys,

First let me say I admire the work you guys do for the community. I have played with most of you guys slider sets at some point or another and it has improved my experience. Over the last few years I have played with Flazko's, Charter's, Jarod's, and Armor and Swords. Again, you guys have improved my experience and I greatly appreciate it.

Here's the question - Where do you guys stand with putting reaction time and pass coverage down to 0? I have been hearing from a lot of people that those sliders are backwards and putting them to 0 improves coverage. I did some light testing myself last night and it appears that this may be the case.

Second question - Are there any other sliders that are backwards? This is a real problem for me and it that is the case I will be discussing this with the Devs immediately. My biggest issue is I have been hearing this for a few years now, no reason why things should still be the same if that is the case.

I have been testing on All Pro by the way. Thanks in advance guys!
1. I believe this to be true that the slider is backwards and the USER gets better coverage at 0. The DB's seem to stick to the receivers more closely.

2. Well it seems that there is a sweet spot for some of the sliders and more doesn't always mean better. For example Pass Blocking and Run Blocking are better at lower settings. I use to have them set to 100 and I would still get blasted. I get much better Pass Blocking and Run Blocking at 0 than 100.

Since you like to try out peoples sliders check mine out here and please leave feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »