Home

Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

This is a discussion on Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 05:58 PM   #33
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Yes I did schnaidt1. Practice mode gives you an accurate depiction of what sliders do, both primarily and secondarily. However, what they won't do is give you a sense of value per slider # adjusted. As I am sure you've noticed, Play Now and CFM offer a different experience with the same slider set.
But there's no point in testing sliders in practice mode or in Play Now games if it's a different experience when you get into CFM. Then you have to re-adjust your sliders again and you end up getting into what we call, slider-hell.

To test sliders for CFM, you delete your profile on your console, set the appropriate Main Menu settings, start the CFM and set the sliders in there and begin your test.

Edit: Let me clarify a little. In other sports games this isn't always the case (like 2k or Sony) but for EA especially in Madden it most certainly is the case. Play Now and Practice play different than CFM.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-31-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:22 PM   #34
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
But there's no point in testing sliders in practice mode or in Play Now games if it's a different experience when you get into CFM. Then you have to re-adjust your sliders again and you end up getting into what we call, slider-hell.

To test sliders for CFM, you delete your profile on your console, set the appropriate Main Menu settings, start the CFM and set the sliders in there and begin your test.

Edit: Let me clarify a little. In other sports games this isn't always the case (like 2k or Sony) but for EA especially in Madden it most certainly is the case. Play Now and Practice play different than CFM.
thank you extreme!! lol i couldnt have said it better myself haha

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-31-2017, 11:00 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

I think the CFM posters are missing the idea. Like any scientific process CFM sucks for testing anything because it has too many variables. It is the core difference between writing a prospective study design and a retrospective study. You can control variables prospectively only, I.e. Practice mode same plays and players and field position, only sliders change.

Only in practice can you validly see what a slider does. However, for building a slider set you do have to use CFM. Any sliders I use I lab for a base and understanding then play games to adjust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I think the CFM posters are missing the idea. Like any scientific process CFM sucks for testing anything because it has too many variables. It is the core difference between writing a prospective study design and a retrospective study. You can control variables prospectively only, I.e. Practice mode same plays and players and field position, only sliders change.

Only in practice can you validly see what a slider does. However, for building a slider set you do have to use CFM. Any sliders I use I lab for a base and understanding then play games to adjust.
It all boils down to, to each their own then.

There are people in this slider forum that know the insides and out of Madden that I trust a ton. I side with them that CFM test differently than Play Now.

Let's put it this way, if someone said they tested the game out in Play Now over 10 games, I don't trust their results and their final findings.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:49 AM   #37
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It all boils down to, to each their own then.

There are people in this slider forum that know the insides and out of Madden that I trust a ton. I side with them that CFM test differently than Play Now.

Let's put it this way, if someone said they tested the game out in Play Now over 10 games, I don't trust their results and their final findings.

Your mileage may vary.
I second this notion!!!
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #38
Just started!

After reading this whole thread, I still have no idea what's the best setting for this.

I'm new to messing with sliders and I'm so damn confused as to what the best settings are to use in franchise mode. My DBs are getting smoked every play with all sliders at default and the QB's are going with +85% completion.

So what sliders do I need to move to help my DB's be better in coverage?
Old 09-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:

Yes my friend, there is indeed a good reason to test sliders in practice mode first. You are in a controlled environment and can get a very good idea of what each slider does.

I acknowledged, if you go back and re-read my post, that each slider value's impact cannot be accessed until you are in CFM. Additional adjustments will need to be made and adjusted to your own personal preference.

Practice mode testing is only 1 step, and the 1st step, in the process but a very important one. I usually am able to set sliders and leave them and actually play the game, rather than tweaking this and tweaking that all season long.

I am still playing with user-only defeated sliders of 120 points in All Pro in Madden 17, leaving the CPU at default, and the game play is amazing.

I think we're saying the same thing, just stressing the importance of deciphering what each slider does. Quarterback accuracy, for instance, does not just affect the obvious, it also has a secondary effect on pass coverage. Practice mode allows you to do that first and foremost.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224

Exactamundo my friend. That's the best way to test sliders. 1st, in practice mode figure out what each slider, both primarily and secondarily, actually does. Then, when you adjust in CFM, at least you know what the heck you're actually doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »