Home

Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

This is a discussion on Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

I don't see how or why auto sub would effect the gameplay persay other than fatigue effects. Maybe it effects missed tackles or drops late in games.

Penalty sliders do have some game impacts. This one you can't test in practice mode because penalties are off. I have tested before in play now. High settings trigger animations periodically some of which aren't called. This is why at a high face mask you see RB pop up gesturing without a penalty call. More specifically high Def pass interference might effect catches. Since penalties are sporadic and limited by whistles this isn't a very reliable effect.

More important is to make sure you have a balanced penalty set in your sliders. A few drive killers keep yardage and scores down and realistic values.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #50
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
In my experience, the penalty, autosubs, xp, and injury sliders all effect the actual gameplay and have since last gen with the exception of xp sliders which didnt exist back then (All in CFM) I dont play play now.

Micha I followed your old threads and it was a game changer with your auto sub findings...can you please repost what they did again it would be much appreciated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #51
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I don't see how or why auto sub would effect the gameplay persay other than fatigue effects. Maybe it effects missed tackles or drops late in games.

Penalty sliders do have some game impacts. This one you can't test in practice mode because penalties are off. I have tested before in play now. High settings trigger animations periodically some of which aren't called. This is why at a high face mask you see RB pop up gesturing without a penalty call. More specifically high Def pass interference might effect catches. Since penalties are sporadic and limited by whistles this isn't a very reliable effect.

More important is to make sure you have a balanced penalty set in your sliders. A few drive killers keep yardage and scores down and realistic values.
bro ...u have sooo much to learn...u need to go read joshcs findings from the last few maddens...auto subs has had impact...if u dont get it fine...but stop arguing your point against the rest of slider making OS lol.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224

I'm no expert, but you've probably answered your own question. Fatigue has a major effect on gameplay. There definitely seems to be a correlation between auto subs and aggressiveness.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #53
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Look outside the box! Stop being narrow-minded please.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Here is my take....

Using practice mode to assess what each slider does and to establish a test value. Sure, I can see that.

However, I also believe that because of the influence of main menu settings on cfm, because of the effects of coach schemes, and due to other 'under the hood' factors, final settings should be based on a final evaluation within cfm games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
My thoughts exactly Josh. Well stated. What would help us all is if, while in Franchise Practice Mode, we could adjust sliders right then and there!!
Old 09-01-2017, 06:05 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Quick question for you guys:

Do you believe that the Auto Subs and Penalty sliders have any ramifications on gameplay? Or is it just the Gameplay sliders themselves?
My findings are based on Madden 17, as I simply cannot justify the purchase of M18 until coverage is fixed.

I cannot speak to auto subs affect on gameplay Skins because I backed both fatigue and subs down due to the ridiculous "false start" glitch I was seeing in the red zone. The CPU would also receive an inordinate amount of delay of game penalties as well. When I reduced fatigue, these bugs thankfully disappeared, although it took away an important sim part of the game.

I have penalties on default, after having them lowered previously, and have not seen them directly affect gameplay regarding difficulty, player interactions, etc... I tried tuning def pass interference way down in the hopes that CB's would mug receivers abit more when in cover 1 press and not get beat so easily, but it did nothing to change that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
My findings are based on Madden 17, as I simply cannot justify the purchase of M18 until coverage is fixed.

I cannot speak to auto subs affect on gameplay Skins because I backed both fatigue and subs down due to the ridiculous "false start" glitch I was seeing in the red zone. The CPU would also receive an inordinate amount of delay of game penalties as well. When I reduced fatigue, these bugs thankfully disappeared, although it took away an important sim part of the game.

I have penalties on default, after having them lowered previously, and have not seen them directly affect gameplay regarding difficulty, player interactions, etc... I tried tuning def pass interference way down in the hopes that CB's would mug receivers abit more when in cover 1 press and not get beat so easily, but it did nothing to change that.
Wait. How do you get the AI to get a delay of game penalty? I have never seen that and would like to have that in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »