Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

This is a discussion on Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #65
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
Thanks for all the replies guys. This is som crazy, I don't know what to think anymore. If the sliders are not backwards it's crazy how good the coverage plays at 0. It should be terrible at 0 in that case.
Yea the fatigue settings need to be looked at too for simulation mode. I have to bump it to 75 before I start seeing backups
dman08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #66
MVP
 
schnaidt1's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Blog Entries: 26
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Yea the fatigue settings need to be looked at too for simulation mode. I have to bump it to 75 before I start seeing backups
yea...and then. u get the false start issue for cpu cuz of the high fatigue which ruins it....ugh

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Follow me on twitter and Youtube @schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
schnaidt1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:13 AM   #67
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2017
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Is there a consensus as to game speed & threshold?
zodiak4736 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #68
3-4 Defense
 
roll2tide's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,645
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Hey Sim- Interesting about the pass reaction and pass coverage down to 0. I remember last night you mentioning it during your stream. Definitely worth testing.

The only other thing I can say that is backwards is JoshC and Swords have been testing out the QB Force Passes Trait and changing it to Conservative is actually making the QB's more aggressive in throwing the ball. This has been giving less sacks overall even though some games are still a little wonky.

As far as I know, JoshC still has his main gameplay sliders at default 50 and Sword's has made some minor tweaks by changing QB Accuracy, Pass Blocking (user only) and Run Blocking.

Also penalties are still having an affect on gameplay as well. Having Pass Blocking at 60 is practically too high causing the QB's to hold onto the ball too long. By lowering it back to 50 default, they get rid of it faster.

The biggest issue is still the CPU is calling Verts plays, PA Verts, Streaks and any pass play that is causing the receivers to go deep, the QB's think they're covered and don't throw the ball thus holding onto it longer.

I'm not entirely sure what pass coverage and reaction time to 0 will do but it's definitely worth testing.
Addressing the verts and PA deep passes, this is a game planning issue. Go to the customize playbooks threads by xSABOx and vannwolfhawk in the main forum. If you remove these from the game plan and add more plays andx have the CPU use your new custom pb then this issue goes away.

You need a 2nd controller and either 32 Team Control or you create a 3rd string qb character on the opposing team each week.

Run/pass ratios, as well as possibly PA and read option, might be determined outside the pb and gameplanning system, though, so there are a lot of unknowns here.

It would be awesome if ea would either address the CPU playcalling or at least define for us how we can use the game planning feature to edit CPU playcalling. I can tell you that while adding plays helps a ton, there's more to it than that. From my experimenting, I think the CPU decides between run, pass, PA, and read option BEFORE it looks to the down and distance play grouping in gameplanning. So instead on 3rd and 1, instead of looking at that play grouping and using the star system to decide run or pass or PA, I think the CPU decides first if it will run, pass, or PA and THEN it compares only starred runs or starred passes within that d&d grouping and picks a play.

This is important to know if you're trying to create some team identity for the CPU playcalling.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!
__________________
GT roll2tide



Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA


Twitter roll2tide
roll2tide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #69
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT
 
charter04's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,492
Blog Entries: 3
Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

I hope simFB gets to really tell the devs and get sliders right. More of them and more sensitive to adjustments.

I tested this a lot and so far I see no evidence from testing that any sliders are reversed.

PDRT only affects the DBs reaction to a passed ball. At 0 the safeties reacted slower and on 100 they reacted faster to a pass.

It's slight but it's easy to tell. It's not 100% though. No sliders are. Sliders only change dice roll chances. So it raises or lowers the players dice roll chance to reacted faster or slower to the pass. Some times the dice roll will still roll a slower reaction because of players ratings being low.

A 90 + coverage player will win more anyway so even at 100 it won't be as noticeable.

Not saying it's 100% not reversed. I'm just not seeing it at this point

Last edited by charter04; 09-02-2017 at 11:50 AM.
charter04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #70
MVP
 
schnaidt1's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Blog Entries: 26
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Addressing the verts and PA deep passes, this is a game planning issue. Go to the customize playbooks threads by xSABOx and vannwolfhawk in the main forum. If you remove these from the game plan and add more plays andx have the CPU use your new custom pb then this issue goes away.

You need a 2nd controller and either 32 Team Control or you create a 3rd string qb character on the opposing team each week.

Run/pass ratios, as well as possibly PA and read option, might be determined outside the pb and gameplanning system, though, so there are a lot of unknowns here.

It would be awesome if ea would either address the CPU playcalling or at least define for us how we can use the game planning feature to edit CPU playcalling. I can tell you that while adding plays helps a ton, there's more to it than that. From my experimenting, I think the CPU decides between run, pass, PA, and read option BEFORE it looks to the down and distance play grouping in gameplanning. So instead on 3rd and 1, instead of looking at that play grouping and using the star system to decide run or pass or PA, I think the CPU decides first if it will run, pass, or PA and THEN it compares only starred runs or starred passes within that d&d grouping and picks a play.

This is important to know if you're trying to create some team identity for the CPU playcalling.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!
or you can just do what i discovered and assign them a generic playbook before you play them by taking over their coach and setting their playbook in schemes to run n gun or run balanced or balanced etc....this greatly reduced 4 verts being called...maybe 1 a game....and you don't need to do all the extra controller stuff

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Follow me on twitter and Youtube @schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
schnaidt1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #71
3-4 Defense
 
roll2tide's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,645
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
or you can just do what i discovered and assign them a generic playbook before you play them by taking over their coach and setting their playbook in schemes to run n gun or run balanced or balanced etc....this greatly reduced 4 verts being called...maybe 1 a game....and you don't need to do all the extra controller stuff

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
I would call that a 25% fix. I would call the 2nd controller method a 50% fix for now, and it requires an enormous amount of time to do it right. EA should do this properly and resolve it. Honestly, if you look at the number of plays the CPU has access to by default, it's inexplicable.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!
__________________
GT roll2tide



Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA


Twitter roll2tide
roll2tide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #72
AWFL Commish
 
Aestis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 538
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I hope simFB gets to really told to devs and get sliders fixed.

I tested this a lot and so far I see no evidence from testing that any sliders are reversed.

PDRT only affects the DBs reaction to a passed ball. At 0 the safeties reacted slower and on 100 they reacted faster to a pass.

It's slight but it's easy to tell. It's not 100% though. No sliders are. Sliders only change dice roll chances. So it raises or lowers the players dice roll chance to reacted faster or slower to the pass. Some times the dice roll will still roll a slower reaction because of players ratings being low.

A 90 + coverage player will win more anyway so even at 100 it won't be as noticeable.

Not saying it's 100% not reversed. I'm just not seeing it at this point


Finally someone says it.

These sliders are modifiers. You are still beholden to ratings, you are still beholden to difficulty. 0 PDRT isn't going to turn All Pro into Rookie. 0 Coverage isn't going to turn All Pro Richard Sherman into Rookie 3rd string CB.

Not only that, because they act as modifiers, you have to actually run repeated tests to get any meaningful evidence. What you see in a play or two is going to be extraordinarily difficult to draw conclusions from.

As an example, one of the key differences between All Madden and All Pro is that players react much more quickly to the ball. You can put PDRT on 0 or 100, but it's still All Madden, they're still going to react quickly and it's going to be very tricky to see with the naked eye.

Run it across thousands of plays in hundreds of games, and you will see a difference.
__________________
RFF / Aestis
XBL ID: AestisFF
Twitch Channel


Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Aestis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Top -