Home

Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

This is a discussion on Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2
Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

What's up guys,

First let me say I admire the work you guys do for the community. I have played with most of you guys slider sets at some point or another and it has improved my experience. Over the last few years I have played with Flazko's, Charter's, Jarod's, and Armor and Swords. Again, you guys have improved my experience and I greatly appreciate it.

Here's the question - Where do you guys stand with putting reaction time and pass coverage down to 0? I have been hearing from a lot of people that those sliders are backwards and putting them to 0 improves coverage. I did some light testing myself last night and it appears that this may be the case.

Second question - Are there any other sliders that are backwards? This is a real problem for me and it that is the case I will be discussing this with the Devs immediately. My biggest issue is I have been hearing this for a few years now, no reason why things should still be the same if that is the case.

I have been testing on All Pro by the way. Thanks in advance guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Question for ALL sliders guys - PLEASE READ

Hey Sim- Interesting about the pass reaction and pass coverage down to 0. I remember last night you mentioning it during your stream. Definitely worth testing.

The only other thing I can say that is backwards is JoshC and Swords have been testing out the QB Force Passes Trait and changing it to Conservative is actually making the QB's more aggressive in throwing the ball. This has been giving less sacks overall even though some games are still a little wonky.

As far as I know, JoshC still has his main gameplay sliders at default 50 and Sword's has made some minor tweaks by changing QB Accuracy, Pass Blocking (user only) and Run Blocking.

Also penalties are still having an affect on gameplay as well. Having Pass Blocking at 60 is practically too high causing the QB's to hold onto the ball too long. By lowering it back to 50 default, they get rid of it faster.

The biggest issue is still the CPU is calling Verts plays, PA Verts, Streaks and any pass play that is causing the receivers to go deep, the QB's think they're covered and don't throw the ball thus holding onto it longer.

I'm not entirely sure what pass coverage and reaction time to 0 will do but it's definitely worth testing.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

pass reaction has been reversed since madden 15...pass coverage...that 1 im still unsure on and am testing

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0

I believe pass reaction is indeed backwards, I just think it's best to wait for that patch to release, it's going to throw off sets.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

This makes no sense, how could this stuff not get fixed. I'm going to keep testing also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I believe pass reaction is indeed backwards, I just think it's best to wait for that patch to release, it's going to throw off sets.
Good point. The update will definitely change some things. This is pure crazy though, how could this stuff be backwards all this time. Unacceptable!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #7
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
Good point. The update will definitely change some things. This is pure crazy though, how could this stuff be backwards all this time. Unacceptable!
To be honest I think pass reaction has always worked this way, in previous years I would use a low reaction on my sets. Usually 0-8. Let's see what the patch does before all of us make any adjustments to sets. I also recommend you try the qb fix, changing the Qbs Force Pass Trait to Conservative, it helps qb play look more sim style. Best thing to do for defense now is use Coach Adjustments before picking your play.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #8
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

The pass reaction slider is not reversed. I have seen no evidence of this, and I have see confirmation from others on this. I believe Adembroski is one that has confirmed this.

If you have a lower number with this slider, the defenders will react to the ball slower. If you have a higher number with this slider, the defenders will react more quickly to the ball.

Keep in mind, there are a ton of Madden urban legends and placebos out there that we all tend to get wrapped up in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »