Home

Wiz Slider Observations

This is a discussion on Wiz Slider Observations within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #73
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh....

I had not even posted the "Brew" and somebody already dinged my star rating....

Sad.

This is why ol' vets stay away from sharing their stuff in this forum, noooo respect.

Regarding the posted "brew" play them thoroughly and follow the HOUSE/CFM rules posted and I assure YOU that the SIM experience you will experience is SOLID and just may save your marriage/relationship or simply, make you like your dog, more than you already do!

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, out.

Thanks Wiz. Don’t sweat the rating. Very view ratings are based on true objective analysis ample sampling size. Perhaps the folks (like me) who really appreciate all of the slider makers work and willingness to share their work don’t express enough appreciation via words or ratings. The die hards can’t thank you, Josh, Armor, Flazko, Charter and others enough for your work. It is truly appreciated by us non-slider makers that reap the benefits of the sliders you all create. Thanks and please don’t stop sharing your ideas!!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 5

UPDATED THE SLIDER SETTINGS.

NEGLECTED TO INDICATE THAT ONCE IN CFM MODE, YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CPU QB'S "THROW THE BALL AWAY" TRAIT IS SWITCHED TO, "YES" FOR ALL CPU QB'S.

IT'S OK TO LEAVE IT ON "YES" MOVING FORWARD AFTER GAME.

LOGIC:

I HAVE YET TO WATCH AN NFL GAME WHERE AN NFL QB DOES NOT THROW THE BALL AWAY IN THE APROPOS SITUATION. IN MADDEN 18, IF THE "THROW THE BALL AWAY" TRAIT IS TURNED TO "NO", THE CPU QB WILL LITERALLY NEVER THROW THE BALL AWAY, EVEN IF HE IS BEING CHASED OUT OF THE POCKET AND IS ABOUT TO TAKE A SACK FOR HUGE LOSS OF YARDAGE, WHICH OF COURSE DOES NOT HAPPEN IN THE REAL NFL.

Wizzzzzzzzzzzz, out.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for all your hard work, Wiz. I look forward to trying out the results of your brew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #76
Rookie

A big thank you for sharing the brew! This set-up has saved the game for me. All Pro on default had simply grown too stale to enjoy. The brew makes the game come to life. No more running backs that essentially play the same, defenders with velcro hands or coverages that you could beat half asleep. As a sim player who is too many years removed from having stick skills, this set is the closest I have seen in several iterations of Madden that brings challenge without the cheese. Now if only EA could/would improve the QB AI......
Old 09-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #77
Rookie

as a cpu vs cpu player your brew is working wickedly for me, with the only change is using the the player QB accuracy for the cpu. much less sacks, and the qb actually moves , thanks a lot!
Old 09-27-2017, 01:15 AM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewPack
A big thank you for sharing the brew! This set-up has saved the game for me. All Pro on default had simply grown too stale to enjoy. The brew makes the game come to life. No more running backs that essentially play the same, defenders with velcro hands or coverages that you could beat half asleep. As a sim player who is too many years removed from having stick skills, this set is the closest I have seen in several iterations of Madden that brings challenge without the cheese. Now if only EA could/would improve the QB AI......

My brudda from annudda mudda...

You are MOST WELCOME.... As I mentioned in my initial post, no intention to share the "Brew" since there were already plenty of geeeeeenius slider suggestions populating this forum... And I certainly did not want to be/become another "try me, try me" Madden set, but I was flabbergasted on how many PM's I got bombed with to provide the slider tweaks that I personally use, so my inner Tom Cruise from the movie "Risky Business" got the best of me, and like Joel learned by the end of that classic flick, sometimes you just got to say, "what the ....."

And much like your playing experience, the "default" direction was just a tad too stale and I also saw a lot of "sameness", game in and game out, something I certainly do not see on Sunday's (although my parlay bets would hit a lot more often if there was more sameness on Sunday's, but I digress....) when I pull the lever back on my 10 year old La-Z-Boy recliner and sip on a niiiiiice cold br.... errrrr "adult soda pop" (this still is a family site, isn't it?)....

What I especially like about "the Brew" is that QB'S play smarter and move around better in the pocket. And if you edit the QB trait "THROW THE BALL AWAY" to "YES", the CPU QB actually starts behaving like a true NFL QB. Do silly sacks still happen yes, but not necessarily because the CPU QB stands like a statue, but rather because the play calling by the CPU Offensive Coordinator is even worse than what my senile 'ol gran pappy would call given the chance....

Is "the Brew" the answer to Madden 18? By NO STRETCH of the imagination. However, for SIM players who are disciplined to follow the recommended HOUSE/CFM rules suggested, I GUARANTEE YOU that the game WILL DELIVER and put your job in jeopardy as you are going to want to play "the Brew" and your favorite franchise, over and over and over and at the end of the day, isn't THAT WHAT a video game is for?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, says I.

I hope more Maddenites take the plunge with "the Brew" and enjoy it as much as you and I are my brudda...

"the Brew" is still in the lab going many more tests on other theories that I did not have time to explore, and if any additional tweaks are made, will give the Madden community a heads up.

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, out.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 AM   #79
Pro

Icon12 Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria416
as a cpu vs cpu player your brew is working wickedly for me, with the only change is using the the player QB accuracy for the cpu. much less sacks, and the qb actually moves , thanks a lot!

Heyyyy nowwwww.... The Brew knocks it out of the park for the "CPU v. CPU" play style preference? Who knew?

Thanks for the props, enjoy "the Brew" don't get too addicted and certainly don't forget to feed your goldfish and call your mom and tell her you love her.

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzz, out.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:12 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria416
I always have a cpu vs. cpu league going as well. Sorry if I'm being dense, but are you saying you use the other settings (human vs. cpu) as they stand and just change the cpu QB accuracy to be the same as the human setting? Meaning, you leave the differences in pass blocking, etc.?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »