Wiz Slider Observations - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Wiz Slider Observations

This is a discussion on Wiz Slider Observations within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #9
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
htown -

what's going on my brudda from annudda mutha? Long time since we last shared thoughts.... Glad to see that Harvey didn't turn your world upside down bud. Your Astros looking real this year and like that Verlander deal a lot. Hope my Dodgers have what it takes this year.

But I digress.... Yes, agreed on your sack issue, but I am curious.... I have seen a handful of such games in lab and was wondering the following when you have a chance to check bud:

1) What is your clock for game set at?

2) Do you have CLOCK ACCEL on? If so, at what second count?

3) What is your SPEED THRESH set at?

4) I noticed that you said you were on "PLAY NOW" mode, yes? If so, you are aware that a lot of the tuning done to the game in this slider forum, for some reason or another in the "PLAY NOW" mode does not hold or apply as much as it does in "CFM MODE"

5) I also noticed that you are moving those sliders like the old Europeans used to move the beads on an abacus back in the day, even before you and I were a thought.... Keep in mind that straying from the neutral balance, out-of-the-box settings really makes the game play go south fast.


Glad to hear from you, stay dry bud, see you in October!

Wiz, out.

Thanks, man.

I live about an hour north of Dallas actually (born/raised in Houston). Somehow, my mom's house, brother's apartment and step-dad's business, ALL didn't take on water. Miracle.

I'm at 15 min quarters with a 14 second clock, iirc. I also think the speed parity is set at 65 (has seemed to cut down on big plays, for me anyway).

I've seen a lot of people who say there is definitely a difference between CFM and Play Now gameplay. I really don't have an opinion on that and am not experienced enough since I HATE CFM lol. I'm old school. I miss being able to set ALL the rosters AS THEY ARE and just go into a season... without the CPU cutting guys, trading guys, etc. Keep fantasy football and my Madden SEASON separate, please! (eh, guess I'm just old and out of touch).

Yes, it definitely appears that the closer you can keep everything to default, the better a lot of the gameplay is.

I just like to have 120-130ish plays, a qb completion percentage of 60-70% on average, an avg per pass attempt of 8ish give or take a yard on average (of course, tough defensive struggles will be lower here and high scoring affairs and top qb's will have those big games with larger averages here), and a yards per carry of 4.5ish for my backs - again, just on average. And, I don't know... zero to 4ish sacks per team, depending on who is playing.

Is that too much to ask?

I've always managed to get sliders to give me those results in Madden, although some years it took longer than others to find that balance for my style of play.

Anyway, good talking with you! Take care!

(good luck to those Dodgers, unless we meet for all the marbles!)
htown5933 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #10
MVP
 
cedwebb's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Dakota
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Its the return of the Wiz of Oz lol. I have to admit aside from using your sliders, the last time you posted not only did I keep back for the updates, I kept coming back mostly to see what you were saying next. The batches of brew you were slinging were secondary. The pleasure is all on this side of the table
cedwebb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:35 PM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Its the return of the Wiz of Oz lol. I have to admit aside from using your sliders, the last time you posted not only did I keep back for the updates, I kept coming back mostly to see what you were saying next. The batches of brew you were slinging were secondary. The pleasure is all on this side of the table
That was some good stuff a few years ago. I was the same way. Kept coming back for more.

tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #12
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

cedwebb-

Waddup peep? Yup, had some good times, unfortunately possibly too many digressions not related to sliders got me in some hot water.

Good to see that some of the "old crowd" is still keeping it real with Madden.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #13
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Madden community....

Had a chance for a little breather and I was perusing some of the lab data from this past weeks testing, and there is a cocktail of slider mods that seems to be demonstrating some very encouraging results that demonstrates improved CPU QB AI, mobility of CPU QB, and limited, if any, CPU Robo QB tendencies. Also seeing a good mix of subbing in and out with custom alternative AUTO SUB mods without it discernibly messing with the core spirit of the game. Moving forward, there will be some more testing in lab to try to address any placebo effects for the slider mods. May need some slider guru's who prefer All-Pro to jump in and provide third party opinion, if hunches pan out, may help the Madden community ask for more sick days this fall to camp out in the man cave and play Madden.

Slider mods aside, lab data supports that playbooks and individual roster ratings continue to prevent Madden from being a sim experience at the level of Sony's the Show. Tinkered a little bit with some roster editing on QB ratings (not traits necessarily), and on All-Pro, the particular QB's edited demonstrated better statistic ratio's, to some degree mirroring those they would in actual game. Not sure what could be an ideal resource to use to get an assessment of true talent level to base roster edits on for QB's/RB's/WR's/TE's/OL's/DL's/LB's/DB's, suggestions welcome.

Overall, Madden 18 is engaging once you figure out what all of the game tuners do, including the impact of tweaking the AUTO SUBS to get better rotation ratio's from key positions.

Wiz, out.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Madden community....

Had a chance for a little breather and I was perusing some of the lab data from this past weeks testing, and there is a cocktail of slider mods that seems to be demonstrating some very encouraging results that demonstrates improved CPU QB AI, mobility of CPU QB, and limited, if any, CPU Robo QB tendencies. Also seeing a good mix of subbing in and out with custom alternative AUTO SUB mods without it discernibly messing with the core spirit of the game. Moving forward, there will be some more testing in lab to try to address any placebo effects for the slider mods. May need some slider guru's who prefer All-Pro to jump in and provide third party opinion, if hunches pan out, may help the Madden community ask for more sick days this fall to camp out in the man cave and play Madden.

Slider mods aside, lab data supports that playbooks and individual roster ratings continue to prevent Madden from being a sim experience at the level of Sony's the Show. Tinkered a little bit with some roster editing on QB ratings (not traits necessarily), and on All-Pro, the particular QB's edited demonstrated better statistic ratio's, to some degree mirroring those they would in actual game. Not sure what could be an ideal resource to use to get an assessment of true talent level to base roster edits on for QB's/RB's/WR's/TE's/OL's/DL's/LB's/DB's, suggestions welcome.

Overall, Madden 18 is engaging once you figure out what all of the game tuners do, including the impact of tweaking the AUTO SUBS to get better rotation ratio's from key positions.

Wiz, out.
Even doing cpu vs cpu tests with KC and NE and I lowered short acc -10, mid-20, long-20 and raised agility and elusive rating for qbs, they now have pocket presence. 66 QB ACC's been the money number. WRC slider on any level, 53 seems best. You still get 5-6 drops between both teams, plus fullback and blocking tight ends adjust to catch bad passes and go for small games or can't climb the ladder to reel it in.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #15
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Even doing cpu vs cpu tests with KC and NE and I lowered short acc -10, mid-20, long-20 and raised agility and elusive rating for qbs, they now have pocket presence. 66 QB ACC's been the money number. WRC slider on any level, 53 seems best. You still get 5-6 drops between both teams, plus fullback and blocking tight ends adjust to catch bad passes and go for small games or can't climb the ladder to reel it in.
tommycoa-

Wow... You were a lot more aggressive in editing the QB's than I was in lab.... I did "-7 short acc", "-12 mid acc" and "-20 long acc". On some QB's, I did mess with agility & elusive as well and you are on point when you say that these mods do objectively improve game play. I know that this is a "slider forum" but I would be short changing the forum if I didn't fully disclose and pull back the curtain on what brew is cooking in the lab.

I test with both NON-EDITED and SELECTIVELY EDITED rosters and there is a discernible difference in QB play between both and keeping the tuning sliders the same.

My curiosity is whether their is a resource that can provide us with actual baseline traits so that the rosters can better mirror the real deal on the field. My hunch is that such data does exist but it is locked in a vault and access to it is on a need to know basis, closely guarded by the wiseguys and sharps that help shape the betting lines every week and regular chumps like us will never get a whiff of this data.

Funny that your WRC slider sits at 53 because that is EXACTLY where my home brew slider mods are dialed in at. Bravo my man, BRAVO! In general, I have found that certain sliders have some play, that do blow up the game play.

Wiz, out.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #16
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
tommycoa-

Wow... You were a lot more aggressive in editing the QB's than I was in lab.... I did "-7 short acc", "-12 mid acc" and "-20 long acc". On some QB's, I did mess with agility & elusive as well and you are on point when you say that these mods do objectively improve game play. I know that this is a "slider forum" but I would be short changing the forum if I didn't fully disclose and pull back the curtain on what brew is cooking in the lab.

I test with both NON-EDITED and SELECTIVELY EDITED rosters and there is a discernible difference in QB play between both and keeping the tuning sliders the same.

My curiosity is whether their is a resource that can provide us with actual baseline traits so that the rosters can better mirror the real deal on the field. My hunch is that such data does exist but it is locked in a vault and access to it is on a need to know basis, closely guarded by the wiseguys and sharps that help shape the betting lines every week and regular chumps like us will never get a whiff of this data.

Funny that your WRC slider sits at 53 because that is EXACTLY where my home brew slider mods are dialed in at. Bravo my man, BRAVO! In general, I have found that certain sliders have some play, that do blow up the game play.

Wiz, out.
Watching games and highlights yesterday, I noticed how athletic all the qbs were, even Matt Ryan made some incredible moves. Ea really shortchanged these QBs athleticism. Think of it this way, if you met up with an nfl qb in a back yard basketball game, you'd see things you wouldn't see on the football field. The traits thing is good, there just needs to be more of them. Especially poise, reading Defenses and pocket awareness. You can't lump all of these into Awareness. Even the D guys have play recognition. I may bump play rec up on Brady, see how much more he audibles. Used to, on madden, Peyton manning ate up the playclock with changes and such, wonder what was unlocked on him? What if it's the old Peyton throwing motion? If it's still here?

The 53 WRC is the only thing I feel is absolute.

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-11-2017 at 07:30 PM.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Top -