Wiz Slider Observations - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Wiz Slider Observations

This is a discussion on Wiz Slider Observations within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-15-2017, 02:23 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

There is an "Auto Evade" selection in the profile saves hidden from Front End use.

Second, player ratings are nothing more than "sub-sliders" themselves, just in numeric form.

They function in 3 ways...
1) Animation Drivers
2) Modifiers
3) Win/Lose Die Rolls

Front End Gameplay/Penalty Sliders simply manipulate the thresholds within one of these three "functionalities".

First thing you must know is which of the three "functionalities" does a rating fall under.

If it's a "Midifier" like AWR, what is it modifying?

If it's an "Animation Driver", what counter interacting rating is needed that helps dictate what/when/where is triggered.

If it's dealing with "Win/Lose Die Rolls", what is its counter interacting rating and the Delta Scale they're working on.

From what I've came across in the 360 game save, the Min/Max's within these functionalities vary through out.

Example:
SPD = Animation, has a Min "Running" triggering of "50" maxed at "90"
- in between #'s like 91-99 don't trigger different running animations
- by multiples of "10" does animation speed up

Where as...,
JKM = Animation, has a Min of "70" maxed at "90"
- in between #'s matter because used in Win/Loss formulas

Two Animation Ratings (ie Sub-Sliders) utilizing different Min/Max's to accomplish their functionalities.

Why is this information necessary and important dealing with Slider adjusting?
- because you can't push any functionality beyond its programmed Min/Max levels.

- Any Slider adjustments will either push thresholds closer to the floor (Min) or the ceiling (Max) which usually throw the game out of wack because as a adjustment may improve one aspect, it altars another area away from its balance producing negative issues. (ie Slideritis)

Just wanted to share this info as you guys lab.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 03:29 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 5

UPDATE:

Apologies for not providing feedback to those of you who posted observations, but I was a little busy trying to earn a living so I can pay the feds their "pizzu" (pronounced pee-zoo; look it up), errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr taxes...

Soooo.... Last we spoke, I was working on a wicked brew that addressed the sack issue, QB AI awareness boost, and better dynamic play from RB's and WR's, while trying to throw some respect toward proper stat ratios and auto-subbing, among other things....

Also testing theories regarding ACC CLOCK/AUTO SUB SETTINGS/FATIGUE/SPEED THRESH/PENALTIES/COACH ADJUSTMENTS/BLAH BLAH BLAH, impact on game play....

I think I am almost there and I can state with certainty, that:

1) EA must fix the fact that QB's are not throwing the ball away. IMHO this is the BIGGEST issue regarding the sack issue. I DO HAVE a slider brew whereby the CPU QB AI is markedly improved, the CPU QB makes MUCH BETTER decisions to get rid of the ball upon sensing pressure from the D-LINE or an unblocked pass rusher. But here is the issue, there is often situations whereby the smartest option is to toss the ball to the guy selling Cracker Jacks but yet the CPU QB thinks the better option is to shuffle the feet around, then make a break from the pocket, only to get smashed like Geno Atkins torpedoed DeShaun Watson tonight on Thursday Night Football.

Outside of this issue, my slider brew SIGNIFICANTLY addresses the sack issue, to the point where you don't even realize it existed. And mind you, this is with ACC CLOCK ON!!! Now granted, if you decide to channel your inner Gregg Williams and bring a 5 man rush, or more, EVERY passing down, then I can't help you brah, 'cuz even G-Will doesn't blitz EVERY passing down.

Here is another issue that my brew seems to consistently deliver; really, really damn good DB coverage causing a lot of poor completion percentages from those QB's who couldn't hit the ocean throwing the football while on a Princess cruise liner sailing the Atlantic and even middle of the road chumps like the Red Water Pistol (Andy Dalton). And the sniper QB's you ask? Well getting 70%+ completion percentage for them a lot more challenging

2) RB/WR play is more organic and studs shine

3) Tamed interceptions and fumbles (wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many on straight default)

4) Getting some rotation with AUTO-SUBS, but not because I left them on default... But in general, AUTO-SUBS not one of Madden's strong suits, again....

5) In my lab, FATIGUE slider with clever slider mods complementing it, can be set above 50, or 55 or 60, but starts to get dicey above 65 or so...

6) Penalty sliders DO AFFECT game play, and not necessarily in a good way, so until fixed by EA, probably will not get a healthy mix of penalties and nailing the ideal penalty ratios will be challenging without also messing up the game play in the process.

7) Coach adjustment's feature is a mixed bag. I have a house rule that makes it work for me, but would not recommend it as an option you should LEAVE ON the entire game, although the passing related coach adjustments do not ruin the game play as much as the other coach adjustment options available.

8) Really LOVE USING the play calling options that are organized under the labels "concept" and "play type" a ton! I know a little about football strategy and love how I can look at play options tailored for the situation that I am facing. Love calling draws on 2nd and long's and can easily identify them using the "play type" feature.

9) I implemented a house rule that is really paying off in spades for me. In the past I would change my defensive package based on the formation that the CPU AI threw up on the screen. Well this year, I do not look at what the CPU throws up on the screen and instead, I CHOOSE the defensive play package that I believe the situation warrants. Now if the CPU AI comes out with 3 wide receivers and I am in a 3-4 because I felt they would be running on 2nd and 4, oh well, I have to consider having a LB cover a WR or go from a Cover 2 to a Cover 1 and bring the safety or free safety to cover the slot, just like it happens in the NFL. This forces me to have to consider burning a timeout if there is a clear risk to a game changing play.

The wifey is hanging with her gal pals this weekend (thank the lordy!!!), sooooooo the Wiz hopes to lock in his brew and start his franchise this weekend.

Will share my observations when I am at the finish line and hope to be in a better position to provide those of you who seek it, some insight that may just take your game play to the next level.

Wizz, out.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-15-2017 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really would like to keep sliders at default and just focus on 15 min and adjust fatigue, penalties, and auto subs.. Any suggestions on that? And should thresh be at 0?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
I really would like to keep sliders at default and just focus on 15 min and adjust fatigue, penalties, and auto subs.. Any suggestions on that? And should thresh be at 0?

Wiz's Beta Slider brew is READY!!!

raypace1-

Lab does not support keeping sliders at default while also trying to address the sack issue, CPU QB AI, CPU QB ACC and more dynamic play from the RB?WR's.

And while futzing with the penalty sliders can bring some unique game play, IMHO that which the community seeks, lies in sliders tuned closer to balance but with some clever tweaks to get the CPU QB AI's pressure clock to react faster.

Auto subs can really throw the game off, HOWEVER, in lab testing I have isolated and tested custom RB and DL auto subs settings and I am getting rotations of the RB's, not so much of the DLine, while the game did not fall apart.

Speed thresh at 0 is not something I would endorse, because Madden did a great job this year at default to create separation between burners and plodders and the speed thresh at 0 is not needed to get the games speed element to sync up to player ratings.

Now what I believe I have found is ONE slider adjustment that, pre next patch, seems to be a game changer. This slider mod has made the game magical in the lab and addresses the cheese sack issue that is caused by the CPU QB holding the ball too long and also ROBO QB stat numbers seen at default slider levels and those QB's that are supposed to scramble, actually are leaving the pocket and running and finally spiked fumbles and interceptions numbers are non-existent in my wicked lab brew.

I have mentioned before that Madden 18 has lost the "throw the ball away" trait that was so beautiful in Madden 17 for the CPU QB AI, because if that existed, my slider discovery will have solved the sack issue completely IMHO. Now do not get me wrong, sacks still come, but you DEFINITELY see a concerted effort by the CPU QB AI to throw the rock once the CPU QB senses pressure and/or the o-line blocking begins to bust. If you play TRUE SIM defense and are not one of those players that plays a d-line position and crushes the block shed buttons, trust me you will like the magic my lab has come across.

I like where my slider brew is at and am open for business to share the lab's findings. If anybody in this community would like to take my wicked brew for a spin, just drop me a line and I can get you set up.

Wizzzz, out.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:44 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Large part of the issue is play-calling..times I see "statue QB issue" is on 4 verts play calls..CPU play-books are a mess..and to clarify by a "mess" I mean only 20 plays per each down and distance..and 80-90% of plays "starred" for 3rd and long are 4 verts/shot plays..QB CPU just can't make this throw without WR running free

StefJoeHalt-

Prior to finishing my Beta Wiz Sliders, I would have agreed with you.

However, with my slider brew now finished, I can say with certainty that my lab IS NO LONGER seeing the quantity of cheese sacks on play action plays by the CPU QB AI, nor do I seem them on the vert passing plays either.

Wizzz, out.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #46
Just started!

i'd love to test these sliders out Wiz
Old 09-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 21

PM sent...count me in...
Old 09-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #48
Rookie

I'm in shoot me a pm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »