Home

Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:58 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Donny
I only got a half of play in tonight, but a couple observations:

1. Running game may be just a hair too easy. Hard to tell in such a small sample size and I'm comparing it to getting stonewalled for like 6 games on All Pro, but I was getting 5 ypc pretty easily it felt like. Maybe a couple clicks would tighten it up for me.

2. Passing game I think I could use lower pass block. I was getting 4-6 seconds pretty regularly and was able to complete quite a few 20+ yard passes since their zones couldn't hold up. Again, minor tweaks probably fixes that.

3. CPU run game looked legit! I got hit with a 60 yard run which hasn't happened all year, so that was nice. Feels good to be a little afraid.

4. CPU passing was hit or miss. When their QB made on time throws it was 50/50 on if I'd knock it out or not. I play SS on D and if we covered decent, he'd just eat it and take the sack. That's nothing new as it seems more common on All Pro as you've stated.

Overall I'm gonna finish my game tomorrow hopefully and play another game or two before I think about tweaking, but I think you're onto something with this Pro stuff.
Awesome, man. THanks for testing them out. Agree on all points after I've played a bit more.

I've got some things to address that and a bit more organic play from the OL/DL, which is the source of a lot of the areas. Need a bit more testing and will have values posted in the morning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Updates 9/20:

Fatigue: 50 (previous 48)
• Update 9/20: Definitely overlooked this when changing to 48. It actually caused a lot of the sticky OL/DL interaction, and a whole lot of areas that affected the overall play. Very sensitive slider, so let's keep this at 50 and let things play out. The adjustments for the user side below should be complimented by this change.

Pass Blocking:15/25 (previous 20/25)
• Update 9/20: User has a bit too much time to throw the ball. Wanted to introduce the emphasis of getting rid of the ball, and also not having a "sticky" OL/DL interaction.

Run Blocking: 5/60 (previous 10/60)
• Update 9/20: Agreed that the user RB is getting a bit too much space at the LOS, and getting into the secondary a bit too easily. The adjustment here + fatigue should definitely help reduce that.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #27
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Updates 9/20:

Fatigue: 50 (previous 48)
• Update 9/20: Definitely overlooked this when changing to 48. It actually caused a lot of the sticky OL/DL interaction, and a whole lot of areas that affected the overall play. Very sensitive slider, so let's keep this at 50 and let things play out. The adjustments for the user side below should be complimented by this change.

Pass Blocking:15/25 (previous 20/25)
• Update 9/20: User has a bit too much time to throw the ball. Wanted to introduce the emphasis of getting rid of the ball, and also not having a "sticky" OL/DL interaction.

Run Blocking: 5/60 (previous 10/60)
• Update 9/20: Agreed that the user RB is getting a bit too much space at the LOS, and getting into the secondary a bit too easily. The adjustment here + fatigue should definitely help reduce that.
Awesome looking changes man. I'm hoping to sneak in a game tonight with the new values
Old 09-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Donny
Awesome looking changes man. I'm hoping to sneak in a game tonight with the new values
Excellent. Yes, I tested quite a bit last night, these are subtle changes, but definitely make for a good challenge on both sides. Only thing to pay attention to is the CPU run game. I want to make sure they aren't nerfed, and are still a threat in certain areas. So far, so good, but you just never know.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 0

@matt10 hey bud good to see you doing sliders for this to would these sliders work for player mode? As I'm not a massive player of madden?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
@matt10 hey bud good to see you doing sliders for this to would these sliders work for player mode? As I'm not a massive player of madden?

I haven't tested that mode, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. You'd have to let me know, man! Good to see you
Old 09-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I haven't tested that mode, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. You'd have to let me know, man! Good to see you

Yeah when I get the game I'll let you know not sure what to look for tho as I'm a FIFA guy as you know lol not long now lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #32
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

Matt I will definitely give these shot. Long OS member for years. I'll DL from share. I'm still tweaking stuff on my chise. I really want to enjoy the game. Will post updates later tonight. Thx. Grumpykore

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »