Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work?

This is a discussion on Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do Pass Coverage Sliders Actually Work?

Attributes and penalties are linked.

For better pass coverage place defensive holding on like 60-65 and pass interference on 70.

When you do that leave pass reaction on 40-50.

Leave pass coverage on 50-55.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #10
Rookie

Redhawk05's Arena

pass cover set to 50 on all-madden vs CPU or USER seems OP. Not sure how changing PI to 70 will help that. I don't see a lot of PI calls or PI in the first place. It's the DBs that jump the routes too well.
Madden 16 SGC SIM League Minnesota Vikings
Madden 17 SGC SIM League Philadelphia Eagles
Madden 18 SGC SIM League Oakland Raiders
Old 10-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
From what I've seen and I will post this in youtube, the pass coverage slider affects the fakeout chance for the CB vs the WR, thus creating either more separation or less separation. You can see this by increasing or decreasing the Pass coverage slider to for Human.

Play as the Broncos with Talib (95 MCV) and Harris (94 MCV) or something around there. Let the CPU play as the Browns which has Britt (76 RTE) and Louis (70 RTE)

Choose "Skinny Posts" for the offense in the concept slants section for the offense. Choose Cover 1 Robber for the defense. Set Human Pass Coverage to default of 50 on All-Pro

You'll see your elite CBs pause when the WR makes their cut creating way too much separation. This happens about 30-50% of the time.

Set Human Pass Coverage to 75 on All-Pro

You'll see your elite CBs pause when the WR makes their cut creating way too much separation. This happens about 50 -75% of the time.

Now Set Human Pass Coverage to 25 on All-Pro

You'll see your elite CBs pause when the WR makes their cut creating way too much separation. This happens about 0% of the time.

Thus, proving the slider is reversed. I will make sure I create a youtube video for proof but I'm pretty frustrated having to jack with sliders when they can clearly see these sliders are reversed.

But I'm happy to know that I can know have better man coverage and possibly zone coverage if that slider has the same issues.
Wait, so you’re telling me that raising the pass coverage slider makes cover WORSE? And lowering it makes coverage BETTER?? How sure are you about this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Lol...not sure at all anymore. I went and tested it again last night and i saw no difference in pass coverage/reaction raising or lowering. At this point, Im about to give up and go back to Madden 17.

My next plan is to try All-Madden. Coverage is extremely better for the CPU against and average offense like Browns(me) vs. Broncos(cpu).

I will just need to adjust the Human sliders. Perhaps I'll utilize one of the slider sets.

I'm just tired of having to deal with this knowing that according to devs All-Pro should play true to their ratings...smh
Old 10-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
according to devs All-Pro should play true to their ratings

For what it's worth, this is a near meaningless phrase and probably leads to a lot of misunderstanding about balance.

People act like "true ratings" means perfect balance. If the game isn't balanced the way you want it, "true ratings" means jack ****. In this case changing the balance may actually give you better gameplay.

There's good reasons for some people to play All Pro (the most fundamental one: it's a good challenge for their skill level). The "true ratings" line that people float around is, in my opinion, a terrible reason to play All Pro.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 10-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #14
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Has anyone noticed if the coverage sliders work any better since the last patch? I got frustrated playing all -madden because I thought everything played perfect except for user coverage and I couldn't figure out how to adjust it. Pass Coverage up or down had little to no affect. I went to all pro and adjust sliders to balance gameplay to my liking and I thought I had it pretty good until the last patch. Now it's a little too easy to score and it just feels like the game plays better/smarter on all Madden. So I'm going back to all Madden maybe to see if I can get the dang coverage right.

And it's no secret that penalty sliders have had a big affect on gameplay in the past. So maybe that is where my focus should be... not to get more penalties, but to get tighter user coverage on all Madden.

Edit: and j just thought of this, maybe the interception slider plays into coverage more than I thought? I don't need more interceptions but if the user can have some tighter coverage that would be great.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #15
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Has anyone noticed if the coverage sliders work any better since the last patch? I got frustrated playing all -madden because I thought everything played perfect except for user coverage and I couldn't figure out how to adjust it. Pass Coverage up or down had little to no affect. I went to all pro and adjust sliders to balance gameplay to my liking and I thought I had it pretty good until the last patch. Now it's a little too easy to score and it just feels like the game plays better/smarter on all Madden. So I'm going back to all Madden maybe to see if I can get the dang coverage right.

And it's no secret that penalty sliders have had a big affect on gameplay in the past. So maybe that is where my focus should be... not to get more penalties, but to get tighter user coverage on all Madden.

Edit: and j just thought of this, maybe the interception slider plays into coverage more than I thought? I don't need more interceptions but if the user can have some tighter coverage that would be great.

Personally, I've never seen a shred of evidence that penalties influence gameplay. Data from my 32-man online league when I *drastically* changed penalty sliders to see if they would make any difference showed zero change whatsoever. All I ever see RE: penalties are people on the forum just declaring these magical differences penalty sliders make. I'm open-minded, but have never seen anyone post any evidence that they matter. But there's plenty of evidence that they don't impact gameplay at all.

Would happily change my mind to the first person able to post any supporting evidence that penalty sliders affect gameplay besides frequency of flags.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #16
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Personally, I've never seen a shred of evidence that penalties influence gameplay. Data from my 32-man online league when I *drastically* changed penalty sliders to see if they would make any difference showed zero change whatsoever. All I ever see RE: penalties are people on the forum just declaring these magical differences penalty sliders make. I'm open-minded, but have never seen anyone post any evidence that they matter. But there's plenty of evidence that they don't impact gameplay at all.

Would happily change my mind to the first person able to post any supporting evidence that penalty sliders affect gameplay besides frequency of flags.
It was probably a couple years ago when I noticed penalty sliders making an impact. And for that reason I haven the touched them since. I forgot which penalty slider it was, but it seemed to make the CPU AI qb make a lot more short passes rather than throwing deep constantly. It wasn't something that affected gameplay that you would be able to tell statistically as much other than a higher completion percentage. And I wouldn't expect anyone to notice any changes in a user vs user environment.

It could have been the placebo affect I guess, I just know I tried forever to get the game to play a certain way and I was never able to get there until penalty sliders were adjusted..

I'm typically of the same train of thought as you though, all these the sliders are backwards and you have to do x, y, z to get the game to play right is most likely crap in my opinion. Just like the "you need to put the sliders in at the main menu and not within your CFM" logic... I just don't buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »